This is the most fiscally irresponsible document ever offered by the GOP

And it's possible that MOST of those Christians may not be white.

Remember, the Democratic Party also includes, among those "whites", gays, feminists, atheists, scientists and all those "white" people NOT welcome in the Republican party.

And THOSE white people voted for Obama.

THOSE white people have no problem with a "black" guy in the "WHITE" House.

Don't you realize how calling "way different" the "same" makes you look?

The membership, race, ethnicity etc make no difference. Both parties do the same thing while claiming to do different things.

The things that both parties do so well are expanding government, creating debt and thinking up ways to take our money from us.

That's flat out bullshit.

They don't "do the same thing".

Republicans passed their 1.3 trillion dollar drug for votes bill through reconciliation without a penny of offset. They passed their 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut for the rich through reconciliation without a penny of offset. They want the middle class to pay for BP's disaster. They fucked the poor after Katrina.

Sure, some Democrats do this stuff because they are a coalition. Not all Democrats "put America first". There's the "Blue Dogs" for one. Conservative dogs in Democratic clothing.

But to compare the two and come to the conclusion they are exactly the same is just dumb.

The Bush tax cuts for the rich are projected to cost $700 billion over the next 10 years if they are extends, I wonder how it is they cost $2.4 trillion over the last 10 years.

I remember now, most of those cuts were for people making less than $200,000 years.

The only folks with smiles from the Insurance Reform Bill are sporting Kool Aid stains on their upper lips.

The first increases in insurance costs have already occurred. Adding young adults to their parents insurance is one added cost that increased premiums will need to cover and taking life time caps off the coverage is another cost to be born by the policies' premiums.

You have to pass it to find out what's in it is so true. It may be the only factually acurate thing that Nancy has said since she became Speaker.

The first increases? How many insurance increases have there been in the last 20 years before the healthcare bill passed?

I can't tell if you're making a joke.

This is why you guys make me so mad. Go to any search engine and type in "Health Care rate rise xxxx" and then put in the years for "xxxx". Here is 2006 and 2009.

And you guys get so mad when I call you "stupid". Well, what would you call it? You are sitting in front of a damn computer. USE IT FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USATODAY.com - Health insurance costs rise 7.7%, twice the rate of inflation

Workers and employers won't find much comfort in the smallest increase in health insurance costs since 1999. The 7.7% increase this year is still more than twice the rate of inflation.

Why Health Care Reform Is Needed: Insurance Company WellPoint's 39% Rate Hike - DailyFinance

To add fuel to the fire, a report released Thursday by health advocacy group Health Care for America Now, found that the five biggest insurance companies -- WellPoint, Cigna (CI), UnitedHealth Group (UNH), Aetna (AET) and Humana (HUM) -- had increased their profits by 56% in 2009, a year that saw 2.7 million people lose their private coverage. Combined, they earned a total of $12.2 billion. (After checking this figure against company reports, it is clear that the group has stripped out any one-off gains.)

Learn to read.

The membership, race, ethnicity etc make no difference. Both parties do the same thing while claiming to do different things.

The things that both parties do so well are expanding government, creating debt and thinking up ways to take our money from us.

Republicans passed their 1.3 trillion dollar drug for votes bill through reconciliation without a penny of offset. They passed their 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut for the rich through reconciliation without a penny of offset. They want the middle class to pay for BP's disaster. They fucked the poor after Katrina.

Sure, some Democrats do this stuff because they are a coalition. Not all Democrats "put America first". There's the "Blue Dogs" for one. Conservative dogs in Democratic clothing.

But to compare the two and come to the conclusion they are exactly the same is just dumb.

Has the debt gone up under both repugnantcans and dimocrats?

Yes.

Has the size, scope and expense of government increased under both dimocrats and repugnantcans?

Yes.

They are the same.

Actually no. I've been warned for posting the same links over and over again. But people like you won't read them. Perhaps if you actually did some research.

Private sector hiring has increased every month for the last 8. But unemployment has also risen. How is that possible? Because the government has been firing people as tax revenues decrease.

Don't believe me? Do a search on "private sector jobs rise for last 8 months". Don't believe my links, go find some of your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except now you've Ignited the rdean into explaining why they're not the same..

Grab a chair. This is going to be fun.

You can't possibly believe they are the same. Just looking at them will tell you that.

Clearly its an overstatement to say that the GOP and Dems are identical, I agree.

But in those economic issues that really matter to the middle class, the Dems are hardly blameless when it comes to screwing us, either.

Ladies and gentlemen, FREE TRADE was originally a DEMOCRATIC tool used to garner us allies around the world.

In fact it was the old time nationalistic Republican industrialists (and the pols that they owned) who warned us what would happen if we opened our borders to cheap imports.

But as the Dems essentially controlled both houses for decades, their complaints fell on partisan ears.

I would love to see the GOP once again become that nationalistic pro-American party it once was.

Never gonna happen, though.

Actually no. I've been warned for posting the same links over and over again. But people like you won't read them. Perhaps if you actually did some research.

Private sector hiring has increased every month for the last 8. But unemployment has also risen. How is that possible? Because the government has been firing people as tax revenues decrease.

Don't believe me? Do a search on "private sector jobs rise for last 8 months". Don't believe my links, go find some of your own.

Like this one?

ADP says private sector jobs declined - UPI.com

Has the debt gone up under both repugnantcans and dimocrats?

Yes.

Has the size, scope and expense of government increased under both dimocrats and repugnantcans?

Yes.

They are the same.

Has government cost more each year?

Has the debt grown each year?

The answer to both is yes and it didn't matter what party was in office.

The only folks with smiles from the Insurance Reform Bill are sporting Kool Aid stains on their upper lips.

The first increases in insurance costs have already occurred. Adding young adults to their parents insurance is one added cost that increased premiums will need to cover and taking life time caps off the coverage is another cost to be born by the policies' premiums.

You have to pass it to find out what's in it is so true. It may be the only factually acurate thing that Nancy has said since she became Speaker.

The first increases? How many insurance increases have there been in the last 20 years before the healthcare bill passed?

This is why you guys make me so mad. Go to any search engine and type in "Health Care rate rise xxxx" and then put in the years for "xxxx". Here is 2006 and 2009.

And you guys get so mad when I call you "stupid". Well, what would you call it? You are sitting in front of a damn computer. USE IT FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Workers and employers won't find much comfort in the smallest increase in health insurance costs since 1999. The 7.7% increase this year is still more than twice the rate of inflation.

Why Health Care Reform Is Needed: Insurance Company WellPoint's 39% Rate Hike - DailyFinance

To add fuel to the fire, a report released Thursday by health advocacy group Health Care for America Now, found that the five biggest insurance companies -- WellPoint, Cigna (CI), UnitedHealth Group (UNH), Aetna (AET) and Humana (HUM) -- had increased their profits by 56% in 2009, a year that saw 2.7 million people lose their private coverage. Combined, they earned a total of $12.2 billion. (After checking this figure against company reports, it is clear that the group has stripped out any one-off gains.)

You do realize that you're calling a fellow driveling leftie 'stupid', right?

How funny. The left are eating their own. Cool.

"Fiscally Iresponsible."

Liberals have been bleating that since Jimmy Carter in that (now) famous debate between Carter and Reagan in 1980 (and yes *I* remember that debate, can you???).

When Carter attacked the idea of tax cuts as dangerous, and inflationary, Reagan countered with his famous question:

I would like to ask the President why is it inflationary to let the people keep more of their money and spend it the way that they like, and it isn't inflationary to let him take that money and spend it the way he wants?

CPD: October 28, 1980 Debate Transcript

I still, to this day, remember the look on Carter's face when Reagan asked that. It was just like a deer in the headlights. It was a combination of fear, and shock. You could read it in his face "You can't ask me that!!!!!"

And I knew, at that moment, as did Carter, that he had lost the election before a single vote was cast.

So, go ahead with that rhetoric liberals. It didn't work in 1980 and it doesn't work now.

November is coming!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And it's possible that MOST of those Christians may not be white.

Remember, the Democratic Party also includes, among those "whites", gays, feminists, atheists, scientists and all those "white" people NOT welcome in the Republican party.

And THOSE white people voted for Obama.

THOSE white people have no problem with a "black" guy in the "WHITE" House.

Don't you realize how calling "way different" the "same" makes you look?

These asshats need to focus on one. single. thing to come to that asinine conclusion.

Its like driving a car by just concentrating on pressing gas. No turning the steering wheel, no braking when necessary, no changing lanes, no looking in the mirror, no defensive maneuvering...just pressing gas. So all drivers and/or cars are the same...they all need to have the gas pedal depressed to go you see.

Asshats...:rolleyes:

Anecdotes here don't have much value, as someone telling you simply that they're paying more doesn't reveal anything. For example, see this thread: the average employee's premiums went up 14% this year, yet the actual premiums on their (total) plan only increased 3%. That is to say, premium growth this year was actually relatively low, yet it'll feel like premiums are skyrocketing because employers are shifting more of the cost burden of health plans onto employees.

Which is why anecdotes like "O'Reilly's premiums went up X this year" (which for some reason I see all over the place) provide virtually no information.

believe it or not, not every post here is meant to provide anyone information. Some times people are just sounding off about shit in their lives.

You're right. Sometimes I forget that.

Like this one?

ADP says private sector jobs declined - UPI.com

Just curious. Did you read your link?

From your link, cut and pasted:

For 2010, the economy has added an average of 37,000 private sector jobs per month, the report said.

OK, I give up. What are you talking about?

The Bush tax cuts for the rich are projected to cost $700 billion over the next 10 years if they are extends, I wonder how it is they cost $2.4 trillion over the last 10 years.

I remember now, most of those cuts were for people making less than $200,000 years.

I thought 52% was "most".

By 2010, when (and if) the Bush tax reductions are fully in place, an astonishing 52 percent of the total tax cuts will go to the richest 1 percent. Their tax cut windfall in that year alone will average $85,000 each. Put another way, of the estimated $234 billion in tax cuts scheduled for the year 2010, $121 billion will go to just 1.4 million taxpayers.

Bush's Most-Favored Taxpayers The top 1 percent will gain from the coming tax cuts

The Republican Party's new "Pledge to America," already battered by liberals, is now facing criticism from an unlikely source — some conservatives

Other conservative bloggers called it "milquetoast" and "smoke and mirrors."

The plan also pledges to honor "traditional marriage" and faith-based organizations.

GOP's 'Pledge to America' gets blasted by some conservative bloggers - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee

-----------------------------------------

If all else fails, attack the gays. The old Republican stand by.

-----------------------------------------

You can read it here. Add another trillion to the deficit giving millionaires and billionaires tax cuts. Do nothing about jobs going overseas. It's the same old story. Nothing new. America will put these people in office. You watch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/documents/GOP_pledge_09222010.pdf?sid=ST2010092303037

----------------------------------------

After November, the Republican base will crow, "We Won!"

Then what?

And don't forget, they want to privatize SS, the VA and Medicare. Wonder how that will play. Wall Street needs some more money to play with. They don't have enough. Buying politicians is expensive.

The Federal Government cannot "ban" JOBS from going overseas. But they can lower corporate tax rates--stop the continual threats of higher taxes on the over 250K income crowd to keep JOBS in this country.

Obama has declared "war" on business in this country--and the unemployment rate--with business sitting on 3 trillion investment dollars has decided to wait this administration out--until a more friendly atmosphere exists for them. They are scared to death to expand their business, to hire or anything else. They don't know what the cost of Obamacare will be, they don't know what their tax rate will be.

Congrats to all you Obama voters---:clap2:

You voted for it, you got it, and now you OWN it.

rdean excuse my belated respone, I was compelled from previous threads to research as you advised and came across a ppt pressented by Douglas W. Elmendorf to the Institute of Medicine concerning newly enacted healthcare laws. The first slide of the presentation states "Rising health care costs will put tremendous pressure on the federal budget during the next few decades and beyond. In the CBO's judgement, the health legislation enacted earlier this year does not substantially diminish this pressure".(26MAY2010) I am would like to know your response to the ppt as a whole. Thank you

It just proves that the left is so stupid they do not even know who is on their side.

Forum List

Back