This is the legacy house Republicans are leaving us.

Oh, really? Then why was the board formed in the first place? Don't read or research, just blow pixelated methane out your piehole, moron.

EPA Science Advisory Board (SAB)
EPA Science Advisory Board SAB US EPA

In 1978, Congress directed the EPA to establish an SAB to provide scientific advice to the Administrator. The SAB is authorized to:
  • review the quality and relevance of the scientific and technical information being used by the EPA or proposed as the basis for Agency regulations;
  • review EPA research programs and plans;
  • provide science advice as requested by the EPA Administrator, and
  • advise the agency on broad scientific matters.

There is nothing wrong with allowing all stakeholders a seat at the table. Yes, corporations sometimes have an agenda that isn't always beneficial to the people, but so does the government. All parties should have representation.

Looks like the GOOP, I mean GOP, is getting rid of the EPA's.

Most likely this bill was bought and paid for by Monsanto, Duke Energy, Koch brothers, et al......"Follow the money". Congress doesn't do a damn thing for two years then this jumps out of their shorts with this one like a rabbit out of a hat....
Yes it was the Koch Bros.
LOL. You really are an ignorant POS.
He is a libtard, it is expected him to be an ignorant retard.

Jesus, just when you think the Party of Stupid can't get any fucking dumber.

House Republicans just passed a bill forbidding scientists from advising the EPA on their own research
The "reform" measure makes room for industry-funded experts on the EPA's advisory board

Congressional climate wars were dominated Tuesday by the U.S. Senate, which spent the day debating, and ultimately failing to pass, a bill approving the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline. While all that was happening, and largely unnoticed, the House was busy doing what it does best: attacking science.

House Republicans just passed a bill forbidding scientists from advising the EPA on their own research - Salon.com

Moron - it's called a "conflict of interest". What a fucking clown you are....

Liberals have no idea what that means. They would claim that two foxes accused of raiding a chicken coup doing their own internal investigation then finding nothing was valid.

Jesus, just when you think the Party of Stupid can't get any fucking dumber.

House Republicans just passed a bill forbidding scientists from advising the EPA on their own research
The "reform" measure makes room for industry-funded experts on the EPA's advisory board

Congressional climate wars were dominated Tuesday by the U.S. Senate, which spent the day debating, and ultimately failing to pass, a bill approving the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline. While all that was happening, and largely unnoticed, the House was busy doing what it does best: attacking science.

House Republicans just passed a bill forbidding scientists from advising the EPA on their own research - Salon.com
Dimwits =retards

Brilliant, analytical retort. I'm humbled by your critical thinking skills and expedient research and sourcing.

Most likely this bill was bought and paid for by Monsanto, Duke Energy, Koch brothers, et al......"Follow the money". Congress doesn't do a damn thing for two years then this jumps out of their shorts with this one like a rabbit out of a hat....

I bet you think a fox accused of raiding the chicken coup could do his own internal investigation and finding nothing is valid.

Yes it was the Koch Bros.
LOL. You really are an ignorant POS.

So you don't think money is exchanged for congressional votes? And if you do concede that, who do you think has the money? Protesters in Ferguson? People in Detroit who can't pay their water bill? Illegal immigrants? And you think I'm ignorant?
That would be bribery. Yes, several Democrats have been accused and convicted of it.

I didn't say anything in my statement above about Republicans or Dems, did I? I said Congress, you stupid twit. You really are that dumb? And you vote.

I bet you think a fox accused of raiding the chicken coup could do his own internal investigation and finding nothing is valid.

For you and others like you with 3rd grade reading skills:

EPA Science Advisory Board (SAB)
EPA Science Advisory Board SAB US EPA

In 1978, Congress directed the EPA to establish an SAB to provide scientific advice to the Administrator. The SAB is authorized to:
  • review the quality and relevance of the scientific and technical information being used by the EPA or proposed as the basis for Agency regulations;
  • review EPA research programs and plans;
  • provide science advice as requested by the EPA Administrator, and
  • advise the agency on broad scientific matters.

“In other words,” wrote Union of Concerned Scientists director Andrew A. Rosenberg in an editorial for RollCall, “academic scientists who know the most about a subject can’t weigh in, but experts paid by corporations who want to block regulations can.”

I say let them both speak their piece. Personally I think the scientists will win the day and outright destroy the paid corporate experts and their pseudo-science.

reminds me of how the right & their puppet-masters try to pass off extraction propaganda as "news" lol

Petition Stop passing off fake industry-paid news as journalism Change.org
The Denver Post is trying to pass off an entire fake news section, "Energy & Environment", written and paid for by the oil and gas industry, as real news on fracking. While newspapers have long run advertisements and banner ads, the Denver Post now clones everything on the page to look identical to the paper's real articles.

Mr. H. :eusa_whistle:

Just another attempt by the gop to allow the polluters to regulate themselves. Nothing new really...

yep. We saw how well Wall St. worked when the Bu$h II SEC let the banksters regulate themselves.

O voted for that and he's pretty cozy with the wall streeters. He gives them an 80 billion dollar treat every month. And then there's his buddy buffet who hauls natural gas with his railroad lines.

Just another attempt by the gop to allow the polluters to regulate themselves. Nothing new really...

yep. We saw how well Wall St. worked when the Bu$h II SEC let the banksters regulate themselves.
Yep thanks to Dodd and Frank. You betcha, sucked really bad, they are who was responsible for the 2007 event. Thanks for pointing that out for us.

The House should take the position that the law can be enacted without waiting for an intransigent Obama's signature

“In other words,” wrote Union of Concerned Scientists director Andrew A. Rosenberg in an editorial for RollCall, “academic scientists who know the most about a subject can’t weigh in, but experts paid by corporations who want to block regulations can.”

I say let them both speak their piece. Personally I think the scientists will win the day and outright destroy the paid corporate experts and their pseudo-science.
Now that is funny.

Academic scientists know MORE than the scientists who are actually working in the field in question, performing the tests, working the procedures, and doing the research.

Are you for real?

BTW...how many scientists from the oil industry are on this panel? I honestly don't know.

The House should take the position that the law can be enacted without waiting for an intransigent Obama's signature

I would take it further than that. I would force the EPA and all federal agencies to be fully transparent. Force publication of all data, methods, procedures and scientists names involved in the research and where it was conducted to come to their conclusions. Deny executive privilege to hide that information as well.

Forum List

Back