This is for both sides

Willow, it's cute how the Repubs continue to lie about Clinton's efforts to capture terrorists who attacked during his administration...

for your reading pleasure...

http://http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.asp

Clinton developed the nation's first anti-terrorism policy, and appointed first national coordinator of anti-terrorist efforts.... Bush, within months of taking office dismantled the anti-terrorist program.

the bombers in the first WTC attack are ALL in prison

Clinton sent legislation to Congress to TIGHTEN AIRPORT SECURITY. (Remember, this is before 911) The legislation was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the airlines.

Clinton sent legislation to Congress to allow for BETTER TRACKING OF TERRORIST FUNDING. It was defeated by Republicans in the Senate because of opposition from banking interests.

Clinton increased the military budget by an average of 14 per cent, reversing the trend under Bush I.

Clinton tripled the budget of the FBI for counterterrorism and doubled overall funding for counterterrorism

Clinton tried to kill Osama bin Laden and disrupt Al Qaeda through preemptive strikes (efforts denounced by the G.O.P.).

President Clinton issues Executive Order No. 12947, making it a felony to raise or transfer funds to designated terrorist groups or their front organizations.

Last edited:
Can you please stop voting for someone who you think would be cool to have a beer with? Who gives a damn if McCain reminds you of your Grandpa or Obama reminds you of your buddy, that means nothing in terms of the Presidency. So many people voted for Bush because they thought like that, can we please not be so idiotic again?

So in other words, vote for the guy that hangs out with Barbara Streisand. Love too! I am still waiting for my invitation though.

Can you please stop voting for someone who you think would be cool to have a beer with? Who gives a damn if McCain reminds you of your Grandpa or Obama reminds you of your buddy, that means nothing in terms of the Presidency. So many people voted for Bush because they thought like that, can we please not be so idiotic again?

I also wish people would stop seeing politics as some sort of sports competition.

His so called "efforts" were a dismal failure! Hence 9-11.

hmmm so if you want to lay 9/11 at the feet of Clinton should we lay the first WTC attack at the feet of pappy Bush? it happend 38 days after Clinton took office..... and guess what... ALL those who engineered that attack are in PRISON!

Clinton was blocked by the Republican Congress at every turn... denying it doesn't make it less true. He was openly criticized for his efforts...even his efforts to kill Osama Bin Laden were slammed.

hmmm so if you want to lay 9/11 at the feet of Clinton should we lay the first WTC attack at the feet of pappy Bush? it happend 38 days after Clinton took office..... and guess what... ALL those who engineered that attack are in PRISON!

Clinton was blocked by the Republican Congress at every turn... denying it doesn't make it less true. He was openly criticized for his efforts...even his efforts to kill Osama Bin Laden were slammed.

lay it where you want it, just don't try to tell me how great Clinton was. he was and is an idiot.

lay it where you want it, just don't try to tell me how great Clinton was. he was and is an idiot.

history tells a different tale Willow:

1. budget surplus
  2. lowest crime rate in a generation
  3. lowest unemployment rate in 30 years
  4. lower teen pregnancy rate
  5. lowest inflation in 30 years
  6. highest home ownership in the countries history
  7. formation of Americorps
  8. Family Medical Leave Act

but I guess you're free to believe what you like :cuckoo:

I am afraid sometimes that this is a nation of rednecks (no offense meant to rednecks) Our educational system, our entertainment, MSM all contribute to the dumbing down of America. Consider the republican selection of McCain and Palin, bottom of his class and creationism proponent. And look at the South and West and who they prefer, you would think that after all the republicans failures people would think this is enough. But no, republicans have combined greed and church and the toxic combo gave us the current simpleton who hasn't done a single thing well.

Joe Bageant: Why Rednecks May Rule the World

Why Rednecks May Rule the World By Joe Bageant

Joe Bageant: Redneck Liberation Theology

You really should stop spending so much time staring at campaign sites and actually delve into the available information.
Republicans aren't guilty of the mess. It's our democratic congress. The president has very little power over the economy when every idea usually originates in Congress and every decision must be approved by Congress.

Look at your buddies who wailed that the poor and immigrants should be able to afford homes, and thus insisted on unrealistically low interest and a lowering of standards when it comes to loaning money to people who shouldn't qualify.

Look to your buddies who want to shut down Wal Mart and hurt the money lenders so not only are they forced to pour out more money,they have less coming in. Look to your buddies who, when the bottom falls out, act all shocked and shaken that the #1 insurer can't afford to cover all the bad debts.

Yes, there's corruption and stupidity, but it comes from the left, bucko.

You really should stop spending so much time staring at campaign sites and actually delve into the available information.
Republicans aren't guilty of the mess. It's our democratic congress. The president has very little power over the economy when every idea usually originates in Congress and every decision must be approved by Congress.

Look at your buddies who wailed that the poor and immigrants should be able to afford homes, and thus insisted on unrealistically low interest and a lowering of standards when it comes to loaning money to people who shouldn't qualify.

Look to your buddies who want to shut down Wal Mart and hurt the money lenders so not only are they forced to pour out more money,they have less coming in. Look to your buddies who, when the bottom falls out, act all shocked and shaken that the #1 insurer can't afford to cover all the bad debts.

I'd love to know how you blame the Dems who have been in control of Congress ONLY since January 2007

It's cute but it's not realistic.

The Repubs had control from early in the Clinton Administration until 2006 elections and even then they only had a one seat majority.

So in other words, vote for the guy that hangs out with Barbara Streisand. Love too! I am still waiting for my invitation though.

Yeah, he hangs out with Barbara Streisand, what a dumb comment. She is a big time Hillary supporter who is now backing Obama. Because he had a fund raising dinner all the sudden he hangs out with her. Mccain does the same thing. Read the posts, he had the same dinner a few weeks ago and there were about 12 headlining Hollywood actors. The problem is he only raised 5.1 mil where Obama raised 9.1 mil. Thats because Obama's Hollywood supporters are the actors that actually still get work and have talent.

Look at your buddies who wailed that the poor and immigrants should be able to afford homes, and thus insisted on unrealistically low interest and a lowering of standards when it comes to loaning money to people who shouldn't qualify. How much lower can you go than a no income, no job, no assests loan. Good Post.

:clap2:

Yeah, he hangs out with Barbara Streisand, what a dumb comment. She is a big time Hillary supporter who is now backing Obama. Because he had a fund raising dinner all the sudden he hangs out with her. Mccain does the same thing. Read the posts, he had the same dinner a few weeks ago and there were about 12 headlining Hollywood actors. The problem is he only raised 5.1 mil where Obama raised 9.1 mil. Thats because Obama's Hollywood supporters are the actors that actually still get work and have talent.

And McCain CHARGED $50,000 a head!!!! wow!!! $50k a head is near double what the obama camp charged!

Honestly though, both dinners with that kind of money being donated is outrageous to me!

if all of this easily donated money was given to those in real need, we all would be better off....imho!

And McCain CHARGED $50,000 a head!!!! wow!!! $50k a head is near double what the obama camp charged!

Honestly though, both dinners with that kind of money being donated is outrageous to me!

if all of this easily donated money was given to those in real need, we all would be better off....imho!

oh stop it and chop your own wood--you aint gettin any freebees :lol:

oh stop it and chop your own wood--you aint gettin any freebees :lol:

The wood's done, now going outside to plant some tulip, daffodil, and crocus bulbs so i can have some pretty flowers next spring!

Shouldn't you be golfing?

lol

care

Forum List

Back