Thirty Years Of Failed Climate Predictions

All your graph shows is that not only do climate models not agree with reality...they don't even agree with each other...failure made manifest...
No, it shows observed temperature increase falling in the range of predicted temperature increase. But I understand you will lie out of hand, no worries.

So you are as easily fooled as the skidmark.....no surprise there.

Thirty years ago, Conservatives predicted there was no such thing as Climate Change

Boy were they wrong

Climate denial warning: I have seen the climate warming over the last 30 years or so Why? I don't know. Probably man made, given there is 7 billion people now. It's changed boy howdy in the 60 years since I was born . I expect "silent spring" in the next few years...

Thirty years ago, Conservatives predicted there was no such thing as Climate Change

Boy were they wrong

Got any actual evidence to support that....it is warmers who deny climate change...thinking that the climate has been a flat line since the beginning of time and didn't change till we invented the internal combustion engine...or perhaps now, the story is that it didn't change till we harnessed fire...

Climate denial warning: I have seen the climate warming over the last 30 years or so Why? I don't know. Probably man made, given there is 7 billion people now. It's changed boy howdy in the 60 years since I was born . I expect "silent spring" in the next few years...

What you have seen is natural variability...or if you live in a large metropolitan area, you have seen a heat island effect...there is little chance that you have actually experienced climate change in any real way. Most people who claim to have experienced it find that they really haven't when confronted with historical temperature and climate data from their region...

Chicago for example...experienced its hottest day ever in 1934, its hottest month was in 1955, its hottest summer season was also 1955, its warmest year was in 1921...so it goes with most areas...the idea that you could actually sense a fraction of a degree change over the course of 30, 40, 50 years or more is very unlikely... If this sort of nonsense is all you have to worry about, you are very lucky...most people have actual problems to deal with and would gladly exchange them for some imaginary issues....

Boy were they wrong

Got any actual evidence to support that....it is warmers who deny climate change...thinking that the climate has been a flat line since the beginning of time and didn't change till we invented the internal combustion engine...or perhaps now, the story is that it didn't change till we harnessed fire...
Nobody is claiming that

What they are claiming is that the rate of change has accelerated over the last 100 years which coincides with our industrial increases

Man made climate change, who knows. I have to water more . And have to pay more for water. . And then there is more fire alerts, You fill in the blanks.

Boy were they wrong

Nobody is claiming that

What they are claiming is that the rate of change has accelerated over the last 100 years which coincides with our industrial increases

Really? Where?

Man made climate change, who knows. I have to water more . And have to pay more for water. . And then there is more fire alerts, You fill in the blanks.

Then there are worse hurricanes, more severe forest fires, more droughts, crop failures

You fill in the blanks

Boy were they wrong

Nobody is claiming that

Really? Where?

There

global-temperatures-nasa.jpg

Initially, conservatives claimed there is no climate change so nothing needs to be done

Then they admitted there is climate change but man had nothing to do with it so nothing needs to be done

Now they are admitting man has an impact but that nobody can be sure how much

Eventually, they will admit that man impacted climate but it is too late to do anything about it

Perhaps your soil is depleted and that is why you must water more...and does it surprise you that it costs more to provide you with water and might that be the reason you pay more for water? And the fire alerts are generally due to mismanaged public lands.....logging has been discontinued and as a result, deadwood and brush pile up and when it starts, it spreads faster and is much more difficult to put out than a properly maintained forest would be...and there is the fact that people are building in regions were fire is an internal part of the ecology...

I seriously doubt that it is due to any actual change in temperatures...you see these graphs showing stark and alarming changes in the global temperature...they are created for effect. Here are two graphs that show the same thing.. the first is the typical alarmist graph...it shows an apparent rapid increase in global temperature...of course, it only shows a short view, but it is sufficient to cause alarm in those who don't really get what is going on in the graph.

dn11639-2_800.jpg

Here is another couple of graphs that show the same data...only it is only interested in imparting information...not creating alarm in those who look at it...it is split into northern and southern hemispheres. The difference between the two is that the first one is shown in terms of temperature anomolies rather than actual temperature...it shows a change in temperature anomaly of about a degree since the 1800's...the margin of error is over half of that degree it shows...but they don't tell you about that...they just show you the alarming graph and let you make of it what you will...clearly you made what they wanted you to make of it.

The graphs below, don't show anomalies..they show actual temperatures..and there really is no error bar to speak of...the data shown in the graph below is the same as the data in the graphs above only in terms of actual temperature rather than anomalies....not very alarming....is it?

figure-41.png

figure-31.png

most often peoples idea that they can perceive climate change is based on flawed memory..not an ability to detect a fractional degree of temperature difference over the course of a year from any other year.

Boy were they wrong

Nobody is claiming that

Really? Where?

There

global-temperatures-nasa.jpg

Another graph shown in terms of temperature anomalies....here..have a look at the same data presented in terms of actual temperature...it is separated into northern and southern hemispheres, but they show the same data as your graph shown in terms of anomaly... the graph you provided is made with the intent to cause alarm...and they don't mention the fact that the margin of error is about half of the temperature change they show...the graphs below reflect the same temperature data, but is shown in terms of temperature...it was designed to impart data...not cause alarm...and it isn't very alarming...is it. Climate science shows everything in terms of anomalies counting on the fact that most people don't really know what the term means and they don't bother to explain it...they simply present it to you and let you make what you will of it... Two graphs...showing the same data...one with the purpose of causing a sense of alarm...one with the purpose of imparting data....can you guess which is which?

figure-41.png

figure-31.png

Initially, conservatives claimed there is no climate change so nothing needs to be done[/qjuote]

Who ever claimed that the climate never changes?

Then they admitted there is climate change but man had nothing to do with it so nothing needs to be done

Of course it changes...but there is not a single piece of observed, measured data which supports the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability...but feel free to look...it may be an eye opening experience for you...it was for me way back when.

Now they are admitting man has an impact but that nobody can be sure how much

We know how much...it is measurable in the heat island effect within large metropolitan areas...it is local...not global.

Eventually, they will admit that man impacted climate but it is too late to do anything about it

Hand waving, hand wringing, alarmist claptrap...nothing more..nothing less..

All I know is in the last thirty years, more people, 7 billion more. I have to pay more for water, because it's gotten warmer and dryer. it's a fact, Sometimes it is cooler, sometimes it warmer. but in the last 30 years, I pay on average more for water and electricity for climate control. If I paid more to remove water or warm up my place, I would say so.

All I know is in the last thirty years, more people, 7 billion more. I have to pay more for water, because it's gotten warmer and dryer. it's a fact, Sometimes it is cooler, sometimes it warmer. but in the last 30 years, I pay on average more for water and electricity for climate control. If I paid more to remove water or warm up my place, I would say so.

What you pay is a product of economics...not the climate..things cost more now than they did years ago....if you are 60, then you can probably remember going to the store and buying a coke and a little paper bag full of penny candy for a dime...do you think your coke now costs a dollar because the temperature has increased by a fraction of a degree? ...electricity costs more...water costs more and much of the additional cost is due to taxes imposed on the utilities in the name of the non existent climate change issue...

What you pay is a product of economics...not the climate..things cost more now than they did years ago....if you are 60, then you can probably remember going to the store and buying a coke and a little paper bag full of penny candy for a dime...do you think your coke now costs a dollar because the temperature has increased by a fraction of a degree? ...electricity costs more...water costs more and much of the additional cost is due to taxes imposed on the utilities in the name of the non existent climate change issue...
And how old are you? Just wondering. Seems you are wiser than your years.

Im within spitting distance of 72

In this day and age, when you have much evidence, Republicans still believe climate change is a hoax.

Take a look at this picture:

galveston_bay_pollution_1.jpg

Galveston, TX

Republicans don't see a mess. They look at this picture and wonder what the problem is.

Im within spitting distance of 72
I respect my elders. I am 63 as of the 23rd. I cant take someone seriously if they don't notice the climate change/ human connection . Are you living in a cave or something?

Forum List

Back