Facial Recognition Used To Combat Chimp Trade...

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Very cool!

Facial recognition targets chimp trade

“The algorithm will search through photo posts on social media looking for the faces of rescued apes.

If the technology recognises a trafficked animal, the owners of the accounts featuring the chimp can then be targeted by the authorities.”

Very cool!

Facial recognition targets chimp trade

“The algorithm will search through photo posts on social media looking for the faces of rescued apes.

If the technology recognises a trafficked animal, the owners of the accounts featuring the chimp can then be targeted by the authorities.”
Chimp ? What about human trafficking ?? Why can't the same be done for humans ?

I don't understand the line near the top of the article that says "The algorithm will search through photo posts on social media looking for the faces of rescued apes." Wouldn't they be looking for STOLEN apes? Or are these apes that were rescued and then stolen?

I don't understand the line near the top of the article that says "The algorithm will search through photo posts on social media looking for the faces of rescued apes." Wouldn't they be looking for STOLEN apes? Or are these apes that were rescued and then stolen?
I think they are referencing those who act as a chimp rescue, then turn around, and sell them on the black market...

not sure why anyone would invite a chimp into their home....they can kill you and your family quicker than a pack of pit bulls. What they call rough play is sufficiently violent to incapacitate a professional athlete...A mature chimp has roughly 5 times the arm strength of a conditioned athlete...they can literally pull your leg off...not out of the socket, but away from your body.

There is nothing uncommon at all about chimps in captivity biting off people's fingers...wander around any place where people spend much time with chimps and you will see a significant number of people with less than the standard 10 digits...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back