Things Jesus Never Said

No. It was a widow. Your attempt to write some elaborate story implying some fantastic and unfounded story from your imagination is not a valid way to evaluate the bible or general reality.
No you fail to research the parables, the word and the meanings of those words. Your lack of understanding or unwillingness to do the research on what many over the last thousand years have already found and learned is your personal problem.

Jesus spoke in parables and if you are unwilling or to daft to accept that it is your personal problem. Sorry that is just the way it is. Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, Herodians and Sadducees in Mark 12:42 (KJV).

Go back and reread it. He was talking to his disciples. He sometimes spoke in parables. Not always. There is no reason to believe this time was a parable. You made a bunch of crap up. Admit it.
Why because you want to believe your own perverted versions and like the idea of trying to accuse someone else who has actually studied the words, their meanings and the background of how they were written down?

No, because your statement was wrong. If you don't want to reread it to see where you are wrong, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I suspect you don't really care if you are right either.

And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.

And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.

And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty.

And again he sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled.

And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.

Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.

And they took him, and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.

What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.

And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.

And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,

Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.

And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.

And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.

In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?

For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:

Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.

And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

chēra 1. a widow 2. metaph. a city stripped of its inhabitants and riches is represented under the figure of a widow
χήρα chḗra, khay'-rah; feminine of a presumed derivative apparently from the base of G5490 through the idea of deficiency; a widow (as lacking a husband), literally or figuratively:—widow.

A city derived Greek polis πολις- A body, a group, a dwelling, a collective, an urban area, an established area

Chēra was derived from:

χάσμα chásma, khas'-mah; from a form of an obsolete primary χάω cháō (to "gape" or "yawn"); a "chasm" or vacancy (impassable interval):—gulf

Hebrew a city From Strongs עוּר (H5782) a city (a place guarded by waking or a watch) in the widest sense (even of a mere encampment or post) the primitive root [rather identical with (05783) through the idea of opening the eyes] Babylon is a city as is Jerusalem.

And in the cities they plant vineyards and King David owns plantations. It is the Lord that plants and pulls and establishes. Amos 9:14 (KJV) And here you think it is YOU

Now accuse some more if you will as there the whole chapter is in black and white. It all speaks to the spirit just like in Revelation when it speaks about 'That place in the spirit'. God's "treasury" is not the same as Caesars treasury. The Word is talking about those who set them themselves in high places and take advantage verses one or a certain one who came into the synagogue.

well I'll give, even better yet, that the poor widow didn't have to pay anything but she did, its one thing that the elites do the charitable causes they like and that they promote, but darn if they are going pay more in taxes for the needy, also their gifts are tax deductible and they save on taxes. I really would think that Jesus thinks their giving is self servant.

Take Trump now I read he is giving all his salary to charity at the end of the year , so now us taxpayers are out his taxes as well the tax he would pay on 400 grand a year, and what charity is he going to give it to, Trump Foundation.

No you fail to research the parables, the word and the meanings of those words. Your lack of understanding or unwillingness to do the research on what many over the last thousand years have already found and learned is your personal problem.

Jesus spoke in parables and if you are unwilling or to daft to accept that it is your personal problem. Sorry that is just the way it is. Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, Herodians and Sadducees in Mark 12:42 (KJV).

Go back and reread it. He was talking to his disciples. He sometimes spoke in parables. Not always. There is no reason to believe this time was a parable. You made a bunch of crap up. Admit it.
Why because you want to believe your own perverted versions and like the idea of trying to accuse someone else who has actually studied the words, their meanings and the background of how they were written down?

No, because your statement was wrong. If you don't want to reread it to see where you are wrong, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I suspect you don't really care if you are right either.

And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.

And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.

And again he sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled.

And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.

Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.

What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.

And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.

And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,

Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.

And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.

In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?

For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.

And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

chēra 1. a widow 2. metaph. a city stripped of its inhabitants and riches is represented under the figure of a widow
χήρα chḗra, khay'-rah; feminine of a presumed derivative apparently from the base of G5490 through the idea of deficiency; a widow (as lacking a husband), literally or figuratively:—widow.

A city derived Greek polis πολις- A body, a group, a dwelling, a collective, an urban area, an established area

Chēra was derived from:

χάσμα chásma, khas'-mah; from a form of an obsolete primary χάω cháō (to "gape" or "yawn"); a "chasm" or vacancy (impassable interval):—gulf

Hebrew a city From Strongs עוּר (H5782) a city (a place guarded by waking or a watch) in the widest sense (even of a mere encampment or post) the primitive root [rather identical with (05783) through the idea of opening the eyes] Babylon is a city as is Jerusalem.

And in the cities they plant vineyards and King David owns plantations. It is the Lord that plants and pulls and establishes. Amos 9:14 (KJV) And here you think it is YOU

Now accuse some more if you will as there the whole chapter is in black and white. It all speaks to the spirit just like in Revelation when it speaks about 'That place in the spirit'. God's "treasury" is not the same as Caesars treasury. The Word is talking about those who set them themselves in high places and take advantage verses one or a certain one who came into the synagogue.

well I'll give, even better yet, that the poor widow didn't have to pay anything but she did, its one thing that the elites do the charitable causes they like and that they promote, but darn if we pay more in taxes for the needy, also their gifts are tax deductible and they save on taxes. I really would think that Jesus thinks their giving is self servant.

Take Trump now I read he is giving all his salary to charity at the end of the year , so now us taxpayers are out his taxes as well that he would pay on 400 grand a year, and what charity is he going to give it to, Trump Foundation.
Have you looked into all of the rich so called charities sucking off the government tit plus building themselves opera houses and such in the cities that the poor can't afford to even go to?

Its time to put and end to it and get back to the basics. If you find Trump has been enriching himself and his cronies through bogus charities he established like the Clinton's let me know okay.

I support feeding the poor in our society. The government would be foolish not to. I do no support enriching a few at the expense of the poor and that is what has been transpiring.

I've made no secret of hating the hypocrisy of phony christians - the ones that bluster and brag and tell us they know what god wants and what you should do to be a good christian but then go to other forums/threads and rant the nastiest hate I've ever read. They hate children, gays, blacks, Hispanics, women and the list goes on. Then, back to this forum to preach again, from their high and mighty position on high. Not one of them would get off their butts to help their fellow man but they never stop preaching how others should do it for them while they thump their bibles to excuse the damage they want to do and actually do to their fellow man, woman, child and "other".

So, when I got this in my inbox, I just knew y'all would want to read it.

Just kidding, of course. Down deep, the phonies know who they are. They will see themselves in this but they'll never admit it.

Things Jesus didn't say
  • ”Love your friends, bless those who bless you … and screw everybody else.”
  • “If you had the faith of this mustard seed … you wouldn’t need all that fancy ‘affordable healthcare.’”
  • “Blessed are the racists, for they will rise to great heights in the new administration.”
  • “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? I mean, look at all these liberals, and their un-Christian ‘caring for widows, orphans, and the stranger.’ Why can’t they care about Christian stuff, like the 2nd amendment or school prayer?”
  • “Go, sell all you have and give it to the richest one percent.”
  • “Blessed are those who hate immigrants in my name, for they shall inherit all the jobs white people don’t want to do.”
  • “Follow me and I will make you fishers of … people who look just like you.”
  • “Give unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar, and give unto God only what you can’t hide on your 1040.”
  • “Let the little children come to me … unless they’re in Head Start or need help with school lunches, then cast them out into the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of their tiny little teeth.”
  • “Come unto me all ye who are weary and heavy laden … and I will make sure you have no union to watch over you.”
  • “Go ye therefore into all the world … and make sure everybody hates Muslims. Because obviously.”
  • “My God, my God, why do women not see that men should have the last word about what they do with their bodies?”
  • “You have heard it said, ‘You shall not commit adultery, but I say to you … unless she’s a lot younger, prettier (like a model or whatever), and you’ve had enough foresight to sign a prenup.’”
  • “You have heard it said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth, but I say to you … what the hell? They’ve got it coming.’”
  • ”You have heard it said that healthcare should be a right for everyone, but I say to you, ‘If you can store up for yourselves another new Benz, even though it comes from money meant for poor people’s chemotherapy, then you should totally do it.’”
  • “You cannot serve God and mammon … which is why it was important to have the Supreme Court rule favorably in Citizens United. Helps us keep to keep who’s who straight.”
  • “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven … but if you have a suitably large investment portfolio, that definitely won’t hurt.”
  • “If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also.” (Marginalia—“This only applies to People of Color and women in abusive relationships.”)
  • “Again, you have heard that it was said to those of ancient times, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but I say to you … just kidding. That’s for suckers!”
  • “And I, when I am lifted up, will draw all straight, cisgender, middle class white guys unto myself.”
  • “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep … except refugees. They definitely do not count.”
  • “So therefore , none of you can become my disciple if you do not give up all your possessions.” (Wait. Actually, he did say that, but he probably shouldn’t have.)
Just so we're clear, Christians aren't saying those things either.

That is exactly my point.

I stated very clearly that I hate phony christians. It is phony christians who do say those things and who do use their religion to harm others, such as women, gays, children, transgenders, etc.

IMO, real Christians do not.
Point validated. Moron thinks he knows what a "real" Christian is.
It's not hard to know who a real Christian is. Jesus tells us how to know.

Exactly my point.

Read the other forums to see the phonies talking about how they want to take basic rights away from those who are different from them. Read about how they hate the poor, women, elderly, children, vets, transgendered, gay and how they voted for trump/Rs because they want those groups harmed and Rs promise to do just that.

While Jesus taught that we should help our fellow man, these phonies hate them and want to hurt them in any way they can.

The phonies do not follow the teachings of Jesus but will tell you they've been forgiven, which, in spite of a lifetime of "sin", will get into heaven. Because they tithe and/or got "forgiven".

Cool. Thanks very much for the link. I'll pass it on to my source.

I never said I wrote it. Indeed, I was very clear about where I got it. Better luck next time, moron.

For others, its a good read.

Blessed are the plagiarists, for theirs is the fucktarded realm.

Ah Puddly Pillowbite, you have a heart filled with hate, and a head filled with shit.

Sure, you lie, cheat, and steal, but you are a fascist so it's all good.

Oh good grief. If you had any clue of the definition of "fascism", you would realize how patently ridiculous that is.

But yes, as I have said over and over, I hate phonies. That's something YOU should understand.

I see you're still fighting your homosexuality. Why not embrace what you really are?

Apparently, both ding and Avatar4321 believe Jesus did say these things.
How did you make that leap in logic?

Your choice to ignore the subject speaks volumes. And then there's the post of yours that I commented on yesterday or the day before.

If you would care to address the OP, cool. Otherwise, I'm not interested in letting you hijack this thread.
I didn't ignore the subject, I addressed your root cause. The subject was a manifestation of your root cause. So how do you go from me ignoring the subject to the assumption that I believed Jesus said those things? There are three possible states; I could believe Jesus said those things, I could not believe Jesus said those things, or I could have no knowledge that Jesus said those things. Of the three, the correct assumption would have been the last one. If you like I could explain it to you and at the exact same time explain why I did not answer your childish question.

So, please tell me how you made your leap in logic.

I never said I wrote it. Indeed, I was very clear about where I got it. Better luck next time, moron.

Ah Puddly Pillowbite, you have a heart filled with hate, and a head filled with shit.

If he is gay, that would explain his behavior.

Oh good grief. If you had any clue of the definition of "fascism", you would realize how patently ridiculous that is.

But yes, as I have said over and over, I hate phonies. That's something YOU should understand.

I see you're still fighting your homosexuality. Why not embrace what you really are?
Are you gay?

Are Pillow Biters "gay?" :dunno:

What he is, is a fascist. That describes all democrats, but Pillowbite is a zealot with his fascism.
My bad, I assumed it was a reference to being gay.

What he is, is a fascist. That describes all democrats, but Pillowbite is a zealot with his fascism.

Oh, it is. Really I did it as a simile to his name, but the connotation is certainly there.

Oh, it is. Really I did it as a simile to his name, but the connotation is certainly there.
It would explain a lot.

Chēra was derived from:

well I'll give, even better yet, that the poor widow didn't have to pay anything but she did, its one thing that the elites do the charitable causes they like and that they promote, but darn if we pay more in taxes for the needy, also their gifts are tax deductible and they save on taxes. I really would think that Jesus thinks their giving is self servant.

Take Trump now I read he is giving all his salary to charity at the end of the year , so now us taxpayers are out his taxes as well that he would pay on 400 grand a year, and what charity is he going to give it to, Trump Foundation.
Have you looked into all of the rich so called charities sucking off the government tit plus building themselves opera houses and such in the cities that the poor can't afford to even go to?

Its time to put and end to it and get back to the basics. If you find Trump has been enriching himself and his cronies through bogus charities he established like the Clinton's let me know okay.

I support feeding the poor in our society. The government would be foolish not to. I do no support enriching a few at the expense of the poor and that is what has been transpiring.

Clinton had a real charity, and Trump never did. The Clintons still have a charity. Oh Trump never uses his money, never. He does not have a charitable bone either. Lets watch what charity he gives his money to. I get suspicious when we see charities like St Jude, just send money direct to them.

And try as they might, they can never prove anything different.

The Republican Christians are full of hypocrisy.
How so?

Seriously?

Did you read the OP?

That's classic Repub shit.
I would be more than happy to walk through them one at a time and show you your error, just like I did with the homosexuality problem the Catholic Church had.

You still don't get it.

I hate phony christians. IMO, phonies give it lip service but will always vote for, be in favor of those laws and policies that will harm others.

And it looks like you are one of them.

Chēra was derived from:

Clinton had a real charity, and Trump never did. The Clintons still have a charity. Oh Trump never uses his money, never. He does not have a charitable bone either. Lets watch what charity he gives his money to. I get suspicious when we see charities like St Jude, just send money direct to them.

And try as they might, they can never prove anything different.
Prove what? All you and Penelope have done is thrown out vague accusations.

The Republican Christians are full of hypocrisy.
How so?

Seriously?

Did you read the OP?

That's classic Repub shit.
I would be more than happy to walk through them one at a time and show you your error, just like I did with the homosexuality problem the Catholic Church had.

You still don't get it.

I hate phony christians. IMO, phonies give it lip service but will always vote for, be in favor of those laws and policies that will harm others.

And it looks like you are one of them.
I see. What is it that makes me a phony Christian?

No. It was a widow. Your attempt to write some elaborate story implying some fantastic and unfounded story from your imagination is not a valid way to evaluate the bible or general reality.

Chēra was derived from:

A Birth-Class Supremacy Religion

Again, pro-HeirHead. What did the son ever do to earn his position except win at Sperm Bingo? The fact that the actually workers of the land didn't respect that spoiled brat showed that they were not the slavish peasants tyrants love to praise. These working-class heroes were truly worthy of being called husband-men, just like Braveheart was, as opposed to that pansy prince.

And again, why did Jesus have to be from the House of David, excluding all other Jews from becoming Messiahs? All based on an accident of birth, this touchy-feely preaching hides an elitist anti-democratic guillotine-fodder theology.

Guys - this thread is in the process of complete derailment - not sure what Clinton has to do with any of this. Please review the OP for enlightenment. Of sorts.

Forum List

Back