Things I Hate About Berkeley

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I have to drive through part of Berkeley to get to my place of employment.

I really hate the Militant Bicyclists and Pedestrians of Berkeley. They should get out of my way or die.

Really. They should.

I really hate the Militant Bicyclists and Pedestrians of Berkeley. They should get out of my way or die.

Really. They should.

Would I be wrong to assume that these pedestrians and cyclists are completely shut-off from the world by their iPods? I occasionally have to drive through parts of London during the week and I've lost count of how many times I've had to stand on the anchors to avoid squashing an oblivious pedestrian who walked out into the road without looking left or right because they were too pre-occupied by what was next on their bastard playlist.

More likely it's the mistaken belief, held by many young people, that pedestrians/cyclists have the right of way regardless of where they're crossing. It's a bitch when they are proven wrong..... it's hard to argue with a couple of thousand pounds of mass in motion.

No. They are not wearing discernible audio devices.

It's the attitude. They don't respect bike lanes or cross walks. One day, a woman with a baby carriage walked right in front of my car in the middle of a block. If she has a death wish, fine, but exposing the baby is really beyond the pale.

Really. They should.

I lived in Eugene in the 80s...I saw a militant bikest not get out of the of an 18 wheeler...he died between the front and back cab duallies.... eww.

Really. They should.

I lived in Eugene in the 80s...I saw a militant bikest not get out of the of an 18 wheeler...he died between the front and back cab duallies.... eww.

Hopefully the cyclist qualified for the Darwin Awards..........

There was nothing left to qualify for anything..except his feet sticking out about 6 inches.

It was like the house falling on the witch in the Wizard of Oz.

I've had a slightly different experience.

I'm a New Yorker - and I learned to cross the street in NYC. (like the game Frogger, one lane at a time)

Now that I live in California, I'm confused by the fact that as soon as I come near the corner, every car stops, and waits for me to cross.

I'm a New Yorker - and I learned to cross the street in NYC. (like the game Frogger, one lane at a time)

Now that I live in California, I'm confused by the fact that as soon as I come near the corner, every car stops, and waits for me to cross.

That's because most of them have hit at least one bicyclist.

Really. They should.

Would I be wrong to assume that these pedestrians and cyclists are completely shut-off from the world by their iPods? I occasionally have to drive through parts of London during the week and I've lost count of how many times I've had to stand on the anchors to avoid squashing an oblivious pedestrian who walked out into the road without looking left or right because they were too pre-occupied by what was next on their bastard playlist.

Almost nailed a coed the other day. She didn't even look up when I stood on my horn for 10 seconds. Must have been some really deep texting going on.

Yeah, it's a real problem these people who use their own motive power rather than a S.tupid U.seless V.ehicle. They deserve to be run over by those in too much of a hurry to realize what life is about.

hahahahahahahaha...

That's rich. Life is about you pedaling down the middle of the street while everyone else waits. Got it.

Really. They should.

Almost nailed a coed the other day. She didn't even look up when I stood on my horn for 10 seconds. Must have been some really deep texting going on.

The accute pre-occupation with digital devices seems to be manifesting itself all over the First World.

A while ago I was contracting for a big developer in Clerkenwell in Central London, and I was taking the train up to town every other day because the commute's cheaper by rail. Anyway, I was on the train coming into London Bridge and this guy who must've been in his mid twenties was oblivious to the fact that the train had come to a stop and everyone was waiting for him to open the door so we could disembark. Eventually someone tapped him on the shoulder to break him from the spell whoever was texting him had him under.

A day or two later I was travelling up by train to check on the contract's progress and this cretin was again unaware of the fact that the train had come to a stop and everyone was waiting to disembark. Except on this occasion an understandably irate passenger reached around him, pushed the button to open the door and simply shoved him onto the platform face first. And in true inner city fashion, everyone simply - and on this occasion quite rightly - stepped over the concussed commuter and made their way towards the exit, paying no notice to the rather satisfying stream of blood running from his nose.

Had a spring in my step that morning, I can tell you.

You must life in Pleasanton.

Forum List

Back