Things I Hate About Berkeley

But on the topic of Things I hate about Berkeley, it would have to be the filthy fucking hippies outside the BART station on Shattuck and Center.

Oh yes. I hate those. Especially the one who yells "gimme a dollar, cocksucker" at people using the Wells Fargo ATM.

Yeah, it's a real problem these people who use their own motive power rather than a S.tupid U.seless V.ehicle. They deserve to be run over by those in too much of a hurry to realize what life is about.

Go away and quit ruining my thread.

Yeah, it's a real problem these people who use their own motive power rather than a S.tupid U.seless V.ehicle. They deserve to be run over by those in too much of a hurry to realize what life is about.

Need a picture of you on your bike.... from the back......
We need to identify the target...... :cool:

Code:
I've had a slightly different experience.

I'm a New Yorker - and I learned to cross the street in NYC. (like the game Frogger, one lane at a time)

Now that I live in California, I'm confused by the fact that as soon as I come near the corner, every car stops, and waits for me to cross.

You must life in Pleasanton.

Oh god no.

I live in SF.

Clearly NOT in the Avenues.

Are you sure you REALLY want to see that?

Really? Fascinating.

Your experience of everyone stopping is not congruent with my own.

Or Boston.

But on the topic of Things I hate about Berkeley, it would have to be the filthy fucking hippies outside the BART station on Shattuck and Center.

Oh yes. I hate those. Especially the one who yells "gimme a dollar, cocksucker" at people using the Wells Fargo ATM.

There was a time, when in a certain mood, I would be inclined to stomp over to them, punch them in the face and throw a dollar at them.

Sometimes people are hitting the atm because they are on a good drunk, lol.

Are you sure you REALLY want to see that?

Scooter-at-society-of-robots.jpg

Oh no! You have a pick of Dugdale_Jukes!

Where is the eye bleach?!?!?!?!!

There was a time, when in a certain mood, I would be inclined to stomp over to them, punch them in the face and throw a dollar at them.

Sometimes people are hitting the atm because they are on a good drunk, lol.

ummm..... ok allie :cuckoo: :eusa_hand:

I've had a slightly different experience.

I'm a New Yorker - and I learned to cross the street in NYC. (like the game Frogger, one lane at a time)

Now that I live in California, I'm confused by the fact that as soon as I come near the corner, every car stops, and waits for me to cross.

Maybe they're tired of being sued. :eusa_whistle:

Would I be wrong to assume that these pedestrians and cyclists are completely shut-off from the world by their iPods? I occasionally have to drive through parts of London during the week and I've lost count of how many times I've had to stand on the anchors to avoid squashing an oblivious pedestrian who walked out into the road without looking left or right because they were too pre-occupied by what was next on their bastard playlist.

Almost nailed a coed the other day. She didn't even look up when I stood on my horn for 10 seconds. Must have been some really deep texting going on.

The accute pre-occupation with digital devices seems to be manifesting itself all over the First World.

A while ago I was contracting for a big developer in Clerkenwell in Central London, and I was taking the train up to town every other day because the commute's cheaper by rail. Anyway, I was on the train coming into London Bridge and this guy who must've been in his mid twenties was oblivious to the fact that the train had come to a stop and everyone was waiting for him to open the door so we could disembark. Eventually someone tapped him on the shoulder to break him from the spell whoever was texting him had him under.

A day or two later I was travelling up by train to check on the contract's progress and this cretin was again unaware of the fact that the train had come to a stop and everyone was waiting to disembark. Except on this occasion an understandably irate passenger reached around him, pushed the button to open the door and simply shoved him onto the platform face first. And in true inner city fashion, everyone simply - and on this occasion quite rightly - stepped over the concussed commuter and made their way towards the exit, paying no notice to the rather satisfying stream of blood running from his nose.

Had a spring in my step that morning, I can tell you.

He deserves to be awarded dork of the month at Apple too along with this other trophy.

work-trophies-complete-dumbass-of-the-year.jpg

Forum List

Back