They would be alive today if they followed this advice: Walter Scott, Mike Brown, Eric Garner,

Not hard to "comply" when you're getting shot in the back.

Even in that case, the diseased ran away from the police, resisted arrest, and assaulted the police. If he had initially complied he would be alive today. You disagree?
My Dad always told me to never mouth off to the police, he told me to answer them like I was in the military (not like boot camp) , remain calm, realize that they are human , and if I felt wronged I could have my day in court.
That advice has always worked for me.
Its a shame that so many Americans believe in a legal system that is not only broken but has become nothing more then another industry to keep a few habius corpus bullshit artists in the black? Or is it red? It seems they like to make so many blacks run red doesn't it whities? If your white they may rough you up. If your blackbthey shoot first and figure out some lame excuse why they had to illegally use dealt force or an illegal choke hold with five people sitting on your back and next. Seems to me you all want to white wash the real issue which is the power of unlimited and unchecked power we've given a bunch of Wahoos is far too corrupting. The law and or justice was never meant to be such a lucrative and dishonest industry. That goes double for the lying lawyers and judges and our lying lawyer politians that have sold justice out and perverted our so called democracy. Wake up and admit its time for a cleaning of all systems

"If they had each complied with the police they would still be alive today."

No evidence of that.

No matter how many more threads you post

(Why is this in Politics instead of Law Enforcement? Oh wait, I forgot who posted the thread. Never mind)

:rolleyes:

I'm fascinated by the way you believe peacefully cooperating with police officers and using the legal system to sort out your disputes is a less reasonable and viable option than assaulting the officer and possibly getting killed.

There's nothing "manly" about behaving like a belligerent savage, and if you lefties had a teaspoonful of brain cells amongst the lot of you, not to mention a touch of civilization, you'd know that.
I know personally what happened to Eric Garner and it was a crime what they did. if you ever went through the abuse and constant bullshit even you pussies would say enough one of these days. with all the crime in that neighborhood the cops went after a guy who just broke up a fight and was left standing there alone by the time the lazy white cops got there the fighters were long gone. so cops had to make an arrest and went after an old standby bust for selling lose cigarettes for a few dollars worth of smokes? if you morons don't see what bullshit that is then I can't help your ingnorant asses

If Police did not need to use force to arrest him would he be alive today? If he had not resisted arrest would he still be alive?

I remember when lethal force was used only when they were facing lethal force.

I remember when it was considered to be the height of cowardice to shoot someone in the back.

I remember when cops didn't shoot people for following their instructions.

But, Blacks have always been gunned down by cops more than whites. A news story said more than 950 Black men are murdered by cops every year. The good news is that the proliferation of cell phone cameras means more of them are getting caught.

No evidence of that? "Put your hands behind your back." (Subject complies). Get in the car. (Subject complies). Yip. That's the way to stay alive.

--- And then what?

Again, this is a profoundly naïve take on how the world works. Unless you live inside a script of "Leave It to Beaver".

After that you protest your innocence in civil society. A civil society has a venue for such things. Its called a court of law.

Publius will do whatever he is told to do by a law enforcement officer. He will under no circumstances disobey a police officer.

Indeed, I will operate within civil society. Running away would only grant them evidence of my guilt. Resisting arrest will only grant them evidence of my guilt and add another charge. Assaulting a police officer will only give them evidence of my guilt and add another charge. It is in anyone's best interest, guilty or innocent, to cooperate when being arrested. Nothing bad can happen from compliance amid an arrest. Any other action only makes things worse.

Indeed, he may have. But, would the criminal have been killed if he had not resisted arrest?
Is resisting arrest a capital offense? Are there no bounds on police behavior? Should cops kill with impunity? Are police trained to shoot first, ask questions later?

Could the comportment of the police, their interactions with the community culpable in the eroding relationship between police and civilians?

Resisting arrest is a recklessly life-threatening behavior, which any sane, civilized human being knows. Yes, I realize that leaves you out. Everything you had to say here is a reeking pile of rotted red herrings.
So you believe that cops are infallible, should use excessive force, have no bearing on their relationship with the community they are to protect and serve and act with impunity whenever they face a resistant suspect? You believe that shooting first is the best solution? You believe that cops should bear no responsibility toward suspect's health and safety?

Should cops act more like the Gestapo?

So you're too fucking stupid to understand what people are saying and have to make up opinions to project onto them?
You suggested that I'm not sane. Then you suggested my post was full of red herrings.

I wonder what sort of character you have when your response was both erroneous and insulting. Do you have a point?

I didn't "suggest" anything. I said it outright. If it was too subtle for you, I can probably be even more blunt.

My indifference to your wondering knows no bounds.

My point was that you were full of shit, either intentionally or because you're not bright enough to know better.

Am I still being too oblique for you?

They would be alive today if they followed this advice: Walter Scott, Mike Brown, Eric Garner, .. .. .. .. etc etc etc

If they had each complied with the police they would still be alive today. The anger at police has nothing to do with race and everything to do with idiots who refuse to comply with the police and the left who want to ignore common sense in order to turn more minorities out to the polls for political gain.

Yes just let them keep arresting you on bullshit charges because they showed up late to a fight and had nobody else to arrest but they saw you sell cigarettes last month. Even you pussy white folk would get tired and have to stand up for yourself after seeing real criminals like on wall street robs us all but are to big or rich to get arrested. Maybe if you whites and the rest of you actually had a pair of balls or a brain or honor you would revolt as your founding fathers did when they saw injustice within your upper society raping the country and world to ruin for the personal profit of a select chosen few. But alas you defective sheep should be led to slaighter

I'm fascinated by the way you believe peacefully cooperating with police officers and using the legal system to sort out your disputes is a less reasonable and viable option than assaulting the officer and possibly getting killed.

There's nothing "manly" about behaving like a belligerent savage, and if you lefties had a teaspoonful of brain cells amongst the lot of you, not to mention a touch of civilization, you'd know that.

I know personally what happened to Eric Garner and it was a crime what they did. if you ever went through the abuse and constant bullshit even you pussies would say enough one of these days. with all the crime in that neighborhood the cops went after a guy who just broke up a fight and was left standing there alone by the time the lazy white cops got there the fighters were long gone. so cops had to make an arrest and went after an old standby bust for selling lose cigarettes for a few dollars worth of smokes? if you morons don't see what bullshit that is then I can't help your ingnorant asses

You know "personally"? Were you there? Should we check the witness list for your name?

You know nothing about any of us or our previous interactions with law enforcement, so we won't be playing the "I'm a bigger victim than you" game. Resisting arrest and being belligerent to cops is always going to be stupid, risky behavior, and you're always going to be trash in my eyes if you behave that way. Period. If you can't figure out how to behave in a civilized society, don't come crying to us when you get treated like rabid animals.

I'm not saying there's no such thing as false arrest or bad cops. I'm saying there are systems and procedures already in place to deal with those issues, precisely to prevent the results we've been seeing.

Live like a Neanderthal, get treated like one.

Is resisting arrest a capital offense? Are there no bounds on police behavior? Should cops kill with impunity? Are police trained to shoot first, ask questions later?

Could the comportment of the police, their interactions with the community culpable in the eroding relationship between police and civilians?

Resisting arrest is a recklessly life-threatening behavior, which any sane, civilized human being knows. Yes, I realize that leaves you out. Everything you had to say here is a reeking pile of rotted red herrings.
So you believe that cops are infallible, should use excessive force, have no bearing on their relationship with the community they are to protect and serve and act with impunity whenever they face a resistant suspect? You believe that shooting first is the best solution? You believe that cops should bear no responsibility toward suspect's health and safety?

So you're too fucking stupid to understand what people are saying and have to make up opinions to project onto them?
You suggested that I'm not sane. Then you suggested my post was full of red herrings.

I wonder what sort of character you have when your response was both erroneous and insulting. Do you have a point?

I didn't "suggest" anything. I said it outright. If it was too subtle for you, I can probably be even more blunt.

My point was that you were full of shit, either intentionally or because you're not bright enough to know better.

No. You've made it abundantly clear what sort of character you have.

No evidence of that.

(Why is this in Politics instead of Law Enforcement? Oh wait, I forgot who posted the thread. Never mind)

If Police did not need to use force to arrest him would he be alive today? If he had not resisted arrest would he still be alive?

I remember when it was considered to be the height of cowardice to shoot someone in the back.

But, Blacks have always been gunned down by cops more than whites. A news story said more than 950 Black men are murdered by cops every year. The good news is that the proliferation of cell phone cameras means more of them are getting caught.

No evidence of that? "Put your hands behind your back." (Subject complies). Get in the car. (Subject complies). Yip. That's the way to stay alive.

--- And then what?

Again, this is a profoundly naïve take on how the world works. Unless you live inside a script of "Leave It to Beaver".

After that you protest your innocence in civil society. A civil society has a venue for such things. Its called a court of law.

It's just so damn cute that you think the world actually works that way.

Look! Kittens!

kittens-t2.jpg
Align Center

They had his car. A simple matter to find out where he lives.

The cop violated the rules for use of deadly force.

End of story.

Indeed, he may have. But, would the criminal have been killed if he had not resisted arrest?

I have answered all of these questions already in this thread. I likely answered them the same way you would have. The question was would they be alive had they not resisted arrest? Will you answer that one? Is that question to uncomfortable for to approach honestly?
Eric Garner was under control. He was in an illegal choke hold. Walter Scott was shot inb the back, hardly acceptable police procedure. Tamir Rice was shot with 2 second of the arrival of the police. He was never given the opportunity to resist. The circumstances of Michael Brown's murder are not clear enough to render judgment on.

But there is a clear and unmistakable pattern of poor policing, poor training, poor implementation of community police standards. And this pattern certainly provides a clearer snapshot of the discontent of the community, their suspicions and fears of police and our need to correct the problem before it gets worse, as it most certainly will

Just wanted to point out in the Eric Gardener case the choke hold used was not illegal, In the Tamir Rice case the police officers involved claimed to be shouting orders for him to drop his weapon, but we have no sound to the video.

Last edited:

No evidence of that.

--- And then what?

Look! Kittens!

I'm sure you think it works sooooo much better by resisting arrest and assaulting police officers. Yip. That's a much better idea huh?

No evidence of that.

--- And then what?

Look! Kittens!

I'm sure you think it works sooooo much better by resisting arrest and assaulting police officers. Yip. That's a much better idea huh?

Never tried that approach but I doubt it. But I'm not so naïve that I don't know simply walking down the street minding your own business isn't the safest way to go either.

The bottom line on all this is still what it was on my first post here: the first five words of your title are not at all supported by the evidence and demonstrate naïveté in the extreme.

Last edited:

No evidence of that.

--- And then what?

A civil society does, but in our society the one with the most money to pay lawyers wins, just like all other first, second and third world countries.

No evidence of that.

--- And then what?

A civil society does, but in our society the one with the most money to pay lawyers wins, just like all other first, second and third world countries.
That's why mankind invented the great equalizer aka ak47s and the like. No justice grab your piece. Get it? You will in the end if you don't before the lawyers start their special breed of injustice for all. Lincoln was a scheming liar too and we keep thinking they are president material. Any one you can pay to hide the truth is a liar. No honor in our justice system and the almighty will judge all these scumbags to hell in the end and all us that sit and watch them to their misdeed will be judged guilty as we'll. Oh well.

The OP's views in this thread are textbook examples of the New Racism.

The new racism is characterized by a careful removal of the most heavy handed blatantly offensive old timey racism,

and replaced with oh so logical reasonable and rational sounding arguments for exactly the same thing.

Publius will do whatever he is told to do by a law enforcement officer. He will under no circumstances disobey a police officer.

Indeed, I will operate within civil society. Running away would only grant them evidence of my guilt. Resisting arrest will only grant them evidence of my guilt and add another charge. Assaulting a police officer will only give them evidence of my guilt and add another charge. It is in anyone's best interest, guilty or innocent, to cooperate when being arrested. Nothing bad can happen from compliance amid an arrest. Any other action only makes things worse.

Except that even IN CUSTODY, they get killed.

Freddie Gray was under arrest when police beat him up and sick the police dog on him while he was in handcuffs.

Victor White and Jesus Huerta both "committed suicide" while handcuffed with a gun. Now how the hell is that possible? Probably a cover up for police misconduct.

So even if you comply, if you are black or hispanic, they can be killed in custody. So why should they trust police with mountains of evidence of police misconduct?

No. You've made it abundantly clear what sort of character you have.

ROFL Suddenly leftists care about and are the arbiters of character. As if. The hubris would be stunning, if it wasn't so ridiculous.

No evidence of that.

--- And then what?

Look! Kittens!

Well, it works for Pogo when someone ELSE does it, because it allows him to play tough-guy and push his agenda from the safety and comfort of his own computer chair.

Freddie Gray was under arrest when police beat him up and sick the police dog on him while he was in handcuffs.

Victor White and Jesus Huerta both "committed suicide" while handcuffed with a gun. Now how the hell is that possible? Probably a cover up for police misconduct.

So even if you comply, if you are black or hispanic, they can be killed in custody. So why should they trust police with mountains of evidence of police misconduct?

First of all, I have no idea who this source even is, so how much faith I put in what they write is iffy. Second of all, I'm fascinated by how "witnesses say" translated in your post to "it happened".

No evidence of that.

--- And then what?

Ah, yes. The endless liberal fascination with the concept that being rich is more pleasant and easier than being poor.

Yeah one of those guys was in the back seat cuffed with his hands behind his back and the police said: Oh, he shot himself.

Where was the gun shot? In his chest.

According to the police statement, White had his hands cuffed behind his back when he shot himself in the back.

But according to the full final report of the Iberia Parish coroner, which was released nearly six months later and obtained exclusively by NBC News, White was shot in the front, not the back. The bullet entered his right chest and exited under his left armpit.

Handcuffed Black Youth Shot Himself to Death Says Coroner - NBC News

Forum List

Back