‘They lost Ryan’: Trump blames his own generals for Yemen raid that killed Navy SEAL

By all accounts the Yemen raid was a success.

AS ALWAYS

you are wrong.

Yemen SEAL raid yielded no significant intel: report

This is what you call a factual report?

The raid on an al Qaeda compound in Yemen last month that left civilians and a U.S. Navy SEAL dead has not produced any significant intelligence so far, according to a new report.

Senior U.S. officials

Pentagon officials' claims that the controversial mission produced “actionable intelligence

A senior congressional official

NBC’s source

The official and others

Multiple senior U.S. officials

Trump's words are not credible; nor are the words of Spicer, Conway, Miller, Bannon, Pence or anyone of Trump's inner circle, cabinet or cronies.

ok, you have a long four years then.

If we survive Trump's brinkmanship, and the incompetence he and his people have demon-strated thus far.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

the widow met with trump. The widow just received perhaps one of the greatest honors anyone could receive at the loss of their husband during duty. And here you are whining about something that doesn't involve you.
Where was Rump during the military operation?
what does it matter?
Answer the question! Was he in the White House situation room monitoring his first military operation, or did he go to dinner with his son in law. The operation was too trivial for him
why does it matter? I have no fking clue. I also don't find it necessary. so?

so fking fake newser, you got that post number yet? or are you just a fking liar?
why does it matter?

It matters because where Trump was during the operation/raid suggests the degree of importance he placed on it and on learning the detailed "ins and outs" of how his new job works. Seeing as it was a relatively small raid and it was the first military operation conducted under his command, being in the SitRoom would have been a good thing. It would have been a learning opportunity for Trump and it'd have sent a signal about the importance he places on the lives of the people whom he sends into harm's way.

What, one might ask, was there to learn for a thoroughly inexperienced new President?
  • The pace at which military actions transpire. Where things bog down; the specific nature of things that can go wrong, the specific nature of serendipity in military action, etc.
  • The "in your face" realities of combat operations. Seeing/hearing in person how those kinds of things play out gives one a perspective and palpable awareness of the fact that one has just sent someone to die in pursuit of U.S. objectives. That experience lends one's statements of sympathy a degree of sincerity that cannot be matched by merely uttering condolences and accolades for those lost souls. (Admittedly, Trump has some acting experience...he may be able to come off as sufficiently sincere in a televised appearance.)
  • Being in the SitRoom would have given him practical exposure to the nature and extent of the tools and resources at his disposal for monitoring, well, situations. I'm sure he got a tour of the facility, but there's nothing like a "real" event to convey the gravitas of having to manage things effectively and on one's feet as it's playing out and lives are at stake.
We've long been hearing that Trump skipped intelligence briefings. That he did conveyed a a tone of insouciance toward the importance of that information and toward the people who work hard to gather, analyze and deliver it to him. Being in the SitRoom for his first military action would have, at the very least, shown that he's taking his job seriously and that he appreciates the people who serve the U.S. Helping to change the perception within his intelligence community is something he really needs to do. The raid was, after all, an intelligence gathering one.
fk, why have generals then?

You will die as pathetic as you lived.
I will? :lmao::lmao:dude :lmao::lmao:WTF are you on? Can you share? you act as if I said something about your sorry ass.
You Benghazists are as bad as the birthers.
facts are merely facts and that's just too damn bad for you I guess.
You had enough witch hunts over Benghazi with no results. Those are the facts.
The witch hunters dont need facts, they would confuse them
you got those 33,000 deleted emails?

Nah. The piece of shit are those accusing him of blaming the military.

That would be you.
the generals did it lol lol trump your hero is a pos

Nah. The only POS I see is you.
such talk claudette

I'm so sorry for calling your hero lower than sharkshit Only thing lower than that is you eat shit and invite dump hear he likes that sort of thing

Well at least I don't make up stories about Trump blaming the military. You do.

Whale shit is what you are and you can't get much lower than whale shit. Asshole.
If you took the bother to read the story, you would know that he did blame the military, just like he has attacked our entire intelligence community

Her read? That's funny.

Where was Rump during the military operation?
what does it matter?
Answer the question! Was he in the White House situation room monitoring his first military operation, or did he go to dinner with his son in law. The operation was too trivial for him
why does it matter? I have no fking clue. I also don't find it necessary. so?

so fking fake newser, you got that post number yet? or are you just a fking liar?
why does it matter?

It matters because where Trump was during the operation/raid suggests the degree of importance he placed on it and on learning the detailed "ins and outs" of how his new job works. Seeing as it was a relatively small raid and it was the first military operation conducted under his command, being in the SitRoom would have been a good thing. It would have been a learning opportunity for Trump and it'd have sent a signal about the importance he places on the lives of the people whom he sends into harm's way.

What, one might ask, was there to learn for a thoroughly inexperienced new President?
  • The pace at which military actions transpire. Where things bog down; the specific nature of things that can go wrong, the specific nature of serendipity in military action, etc.
  • The "in your face" realities of combat operations. Seeing/hearing in person how those kinds of things play out gives one a perspective and palpable awareness of the fact that one has just sent someone to die in pursuit of U.S. objectives. That experience lends one's statements of sympathy a degree of sincerity that cannot be matched by merely uttering condolences and accolades for those lost souls. (Admittedly, Trump has some acting experience...he may be able to come off as sufficiently sincere in a televised appearance.)
  • Being in the SitRoom would have given him practical exposure to the nature and extent of the tools and resources at his disposal for monitoring, well, situations. I'm sure he got a tour of the facility, but there's nothing like a "real" event to convey the gravitas of having to manage things effectively and on one's feet as it's playing out and lives are at stake.
We've long been hearing that Trump skipped intelligence briefings. That he did conveyed a a tone of insouciance toward the importance of that information and toward the people who work hard to gather, analyze and deliver it to him. Being in the SitRoom for his first military action would have, at the very least, shown that he's taking his job seriously and that he appreciates the people who serve the U.S. Helping to change the perception within his intelligence community is something he really needs to do. The raid was, after all, an intelligence gathering one.
fk, why have generals then?

In the context of the specific discussion we're having about why it matters whether Trump went to dinner or was in the SitRoom for the first military action under his command, to have people around of whom one might freely and openly ask intelligent questions about the event, perhaps also about others that may be similar to it, as it unfolds. That's what really good managers and leaders do; they take advantage of learning opportunities when and where they present themselves.

You see, in the early days of any executive's job, their job is to learn as much as they possibly can about their new job. That's what Trump should have been doing, especially seeing as he has no experience being CIC or in public office.

The raid on an al Qaeda compound in Yemen last month that left civilians and a U.S. Navy SEAL dead has not produced any significant intelligence so far, according to a new report.

Senior U.S. officials

Pentagon officials' claims that the controversial mission produced “actionable intelligence

NBC’s source

The official and others

Trump's words are not credible; nor are the words of Spicer, Conway, Miller, Bannon, Pence or anyone of Trump's inner circle, cabinet or cronies.

If we survive Trump's brinkmanship, and the incompetence he and his people have demon-strated thus far.

"F". ^^^ A total failure to offer a rebuttal or any evidence that Trump does not engage in Brinkmanship, and that the EO on immigration hasn't harmed others.

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.

Trump and his gestapo have totally lied about their Yemen FUBAR. The latest reports say they didn't even get any meaningful intelligence from the raid. Nothing but lies. This must be thoroughly investigated.

Are you prepared to call General Mattis as liar as well?

"I just spoke to General Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, “Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.”

General Mattis didn't say what you put in quotes, that's what the Liar-in-Chief said last night. If I'm wrong, and you've actually quoted General Mattis, post a credible link. As Mattis is known to be highly intelligent and well read, the syntax in the quote raises suspicion.

Here is what is going on. Gen Mattis was quoted by Trump, and I haven't heard him deny that is what he said.

"President Donald Trump will outline plans for stepped-up operations against Islamic terrorism in his speech to Congress tonight, and is expected to disclose newly obtained intelligence gathered during a recent commando raid in Yemen.

Trump administration national security officials said the new information, which was not revealed prior to the speech, was discussed during a Tuesday meeting between Trump and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis at the White House.

The officials cautioned that as of Tuesday afternoon the final speech containing the new intelligence was still being worked on.

The White House and Pentagon are pushing back against what officials said are inaccurate news reports claiming the Yemen raid did not produce very valuable intelligence.

The Jan. 29 commando raid in Yakla village in central Yemen targeted a group of terrorists belonging to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, the al Qaeda branch that has been linked to several terrorist attacks in the United States, including the 2015 San Bernardino and 2016 Orlando attacks. Fourteen people were killed in the San Bernardino shootings, and 49 people were shot at a night club in Orlando.

In both attacks, the terrorists who carried out the shootings had been inspired by Anwar al Awlaki, an American-born al Qaeda terrorist who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in 2011 in Yemen but whose English-language lectures on jihad are available on the Internet.

U.S. Navy SEAL Ryan Owens was killed and six others wounded in the Yemen raid. Unconfirmed reports from Yemen said 25 civilians also were killed in the commando raid, including the daughter of Awlaki.

Officials said the covert military operation produced a large volume of valuable intelligence information on the group and its activities.

"The raid did achieve its objectives even if it did so at a significant cost," said one official familiar with details of the raid. "And it did produce a lot of intelligence—terabytes of information and multiple devices along with information on hundreds of people."

NBC quoted "multiple senior officials" as saying they were unaware of valuable intelligence taken from the raid.

Trump to Disclose Intel From Yemen Raid

Senior U.S. officials

NBC’s source

The official and others

"F". ^^^ A total failure to offer a rebuttal or any evidence that Trump does not engage in Brinkmanship, and that the EO on immigration hasn't harmed others.

Name the American citizens that the EO has harmed.

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.

Trump and his gestapo have totally lied about their Yemen FUBAR. The latest reports say they didn't even get any meaningful intelligence from the raid. Nothing but lies. This must be thoroughly investigated.

"I just spoke to General Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, “Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.”

General Mattis didn't say what you put in quotes, that's what the Liar-in-Chief said last night. If I'm wrong, and you've actually quoted General Mattis, post a credible link. As Mattis is known to be highly intelligent and well read, the syntax in the quote raises suspicion.

Here is what is going on. Gen Mattis was quoted by Trump, and I haven't heard him deny that is what he said.

"President Donald Trump will outline plans for stepped-up operations against Islamic terrorism in his speech to Congress tonight, and is expected to disclose newly obtained intelligence gathered during a recent commando raid in Yemen.

Trump administration national security officials said the new information, which was not revealed prior to the speech, was discussed during a Tuesday meeting between Trump and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis at the White House.

The officials cautioned that as of Tuesday afternoon the final speech containing the new intelligence was still being worked on.

The White House and Pentagon are pushing back against what officials said are inaccurate news reports claiming the Yemen raid did not produce very valuable intelligence.

The Jan. 29 commando raid in Yakla village in central Yemen targeted a group of terrorists belonging to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, the al Qaeda branch that has been linked to several terrorist attacks in the United States, including the 2015 San Bernardino and 2016 Orlando attacks. Fourteen people were killed in the San Bernardino shootings, and 49 people were shot at a night club in Orlando.

In both attacks, the terrorists who carried out the shootings had been inspired by Anwar al Awlaki, an American-born al Qaeda terrorist who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in 2011 in Yemen but whose English-language lectures on jihad are available on the Internet.

U.S. Navy SEAL Ryan Owens was killed and six others wounded in the Yemen raid. Unconfirmed reports from Yemen said 25 civilians also were killed in the commando raid, including the daughter of Awlaki.

Officials said the covert military operation produced a large volume of valuable intelligence information on the group and its activities.

"The raid did achieve its objectives even if it did so at a significant cost," said one official familiar with details of the raid. "And it did produce a lot of intelligence—terabytes of information and multiple devices along with information on hundreds of people."

NBC quoted "multiple senior officials" as saying they were unaware of valuable intelligence taken from the raid.

Here is the problem, son, Rump lies so much that one day he is going to tell the truth about something and no one will believe him

Here is the problem, son, Rump lies so much that one day he is going to tell the truth about something and no one will believe him
no one's asking you to tell anymore lies though

Most of the lies I see come from the NY Times.

You need to take your head out of your ass and understand that the raid was planned on Obama's watch.
Somebody had to give it the go ahead TRUMP DID and we achieved nothing
How do you figure?
Just who is the CIC? Its not Obama
He was for Benghazi
Benghazi was not a US military operation like Rumps Yemen disaster.
sure it was, how isn't it. Or are you trying to say it wasn't a mission like the other dude? got that post number yet? Liar!!!!

Nah. The only POS I see is you.
such talk claudette

I'm so sorry for calling your hero lower than sharkshit Only thing lower than that is you eat shit and invite dump hear he likes that sort of thing

Well at least I don't make up stories about Trump blaming the military. You do.

Whale shit is what you are and you can't get much lower than whale shit. Asshole.
If you took the bother to read the story, you would know that he did blame the military, just like he has attacked our entire intelligence community

If you say so dumbass.
I welcome you to post something to prove me wrong.
shit, just read your posts in the thread, no need to repeat them, they were wrong before and still wrong.

This is why I do not view Trump as a true leader.

You went with the operation. The fact that the previous administration drew it up may be true, but they did not carry it out due to a lack of intelligence.

This was on Trump. He approved the mission. He wasn't in the situation room. A true leader accepts blame for their mistakes. Trump does not do that.
he never said he didn't approve the mission. He met the widow personally on arrival of the casket. That's all you need to know stupid fk.
and the young mans father?? Refused to go Blames trump
the widow didn't. that's immediate family as well you stupid fk.
You spoke of the soldiers father, done weasel out of your lie
so fk, I'm still waiting on the post number that addresses this post to me. you fking liar, get me that number or apologize.

Washington (CNN)Bill Owens, the father of the Navy SEAL killed in a late-January raid in Yemen, leveled biting criticism at the White House and called for an investigation into his son's death in a news story published Sunday.

Owens told The Miami Herald that as his son William "Ryan" Owens' body made it to Dover Air Force Base outside Washington, he was told President Donald Trump was coming to meet him and his wife to pay his respects.
But Owens told the chaplain he didn't want to see the commander-in-chief.

"I told them I didn't want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn't let me talk to him," Owens told the newspaper.
Owens, himself a veteran, raised a number of questions about the raid itself.
"Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn't even barely a week into his administration," the paper quoted him as asking.
Owen, the Herald reported, hadn't voted for the President, and he took issue with how Trump treated the Gold Star family of Captain Humayun Khan after the slain soldier's mother and father publicly rebuked the then-Republican presidential nominee at the Democratic National Convention in July.
The administration responded to CNN's request for comment on the story by commending Owen's son, the slain Navy SEAL, for his service and defending the raid.
"Chief Petty Officer Owens is an American hero who made the ultimate sacrifice in the service of his country," White House spokesman Michael Short said in a statement. "The mission he participated in yielded valuable intelligence in the ongoing fight against radical Islamic terrorism. The United States is safer today thanks to his bravery and years of faithful service in uniform. We will be forever in his debt."
The Yemen raid, which the White House has said was intended to gather intelligence, immediately came under scrutiny for resulting in the first combat death under Trump's presidency. In addition to Owens' death, several other service members were injured, and reports have said as many as two dozen civilians, or more, were killed, including an eight-year-old daughter of the deceased al Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen who was killed in a drone strike in 2011.
The White House has insisted that the raid was a success. But some, including Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, have taken issue with the White House's framing.
The former prisoner of war said in a statement, "I would not describe any operation that results in the loss of American life as a success."
But the White House has bristled at any criticism, claiming such comments dishonor the life of Owens' son, the Navy SEAL who died in the raid.
Owens took issue with the White House's response, telling The Miami Herald, "Don't hide behind my son's death to prevent an investigation."
"I want an investigation. ... The government owes my son an investigation," he said.
Sources told CNN that three military investigations of the raid are underway: one to look at civilian deaths, another to look at the crash landing of one of the aircraft involved, and a third to look into Owens' killing, as is standard practice when there is a combat death.
A White House official confirmed to CNN that there is an "ongoing DoD investigation" and anticipated it would take a few months, after which a redacted version of the findings will become publicly available under the Freedom of Information Act.
Owens did not immediately return requests from CNN for com

You will die as pathetic as you lived.
I will? :lmao::lmao:dude :lmao::lmao:WTF are you on? Can you share? you act as if I said something about your sorry ass.
I did? I don't think anyone saw one email out of that 33k deleted emails. hmmmmmmmmm
And you saw them?

I did? I don't think anyone saw one email out of that 33k deleted emails. hmmmmmmmmm
And you saw them?
did you read my post? I said I didn't think anyone saw one email of the 33K. so how is it I would have?

Did you? So you know there are no emails that would have been about Benghazi? :lmao::lmao:

Cause you know politicians don't lie! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh2:

Did you really expect anything else from the Liar in Chief? If something turns put well, he takes credit, If it is screwed up, he blames someone else.(

Did you really expect anything else from the Liar in Chief? If something turns put well, he takes credit, If it is screwed up, he blames someone else.(
so there's nothing then right? so what are you talking about?

Forum List

Back