‘They lost Ryan’: Trump blames his own generals for Yemen raid that killed Navy SEAL

There is not one supporting document to blame Obamas state department, despite all of the congressional and FBI investigations. The election is over, you can quit this drivel already

Oh so you need an investigation to recognize incompetence??

I sure don't. They had months of warnings. Warnings the Brits and Red Cross took seriously enough to remove their people from the area. Obama's State Department did nothing and that nothing got four good men killed.

As an Obamabot you give him a pass.

Carry on dumbass.
Once again, I welcome your post offering up proof (PROOF) that the state dept did anything wrong. I sure dont want your jaded opinions, just post facts and links. OK?

You don't see incompetence because you don't want to see it.

Incompetence isn't wrong doing. Its incompetence.

If I were as incompetent as the Obama State Department I would have lost my job years ago and I've been doing this job for the last eleven years so Competent I am.

Sugar coating, which is what you do, doesn't change a thing. Incompetence is incompetence even if a obamabot like you won't see it.
Its noted that you haven't posted a single fact in defense of your post. Obviously you are just another FOS Trumpmpie.
How many years were you on the Yahoo boards?
what proof you looking for? Just go look at those 33,000 deleted emails.

LMAO He doesn't want to find any proof. It would spoil his view of Obama.

He doesn't even recognize incompetence when he sees it yet he can say with confidence that Trump criticized the military by looking at one statement.

They lost Ryan.

Of course in his little mind that means Trump blames the military.

You can't cure stupid.

Refused to blame Trump? He refused to meet with trump when the body was returned. Where are you been hiding
the widow met with trump. The widow just received perhaps one of the greatest honors anyone could receive at the loss of their husband during duty. And here you are whining about something that doesn't involve you.
Where was Rump during the military operation?
what does it matter?
Answer the question! Was he in the White House situation room monitoring his first military operation, or did he go to dinner with his son in law. The operation was too trivial for him
why does it matter? I have no fking clue. I also don't find it necessary. so?

so fking fake newser, you got that post number yet? or are you just a fking liar?
Would you have found it "necessary" had it been Obama?

and the young mans father?? Refused to go Blames trump
Refused to blame Trump? He refused to meet with trump when the body was returned. Where are you been hiding
the widow met with trump. The widow just received perhaps one of the greatest honors anyone could receive at the loss of their husband during duty. And here you are whining about something that doesn't involve you.
And the dumpster bragged about the applause record????? What a piece of garbage
he explained it was all for her and her husband. how impressive. now you're just starting to be a stupid fk. good for you.
Trump is all FOS, nothing out of his mouth can ever be believed. Some day you will understand
so you got that post number you fking liar?

Oh so you need an investigation to recognize incompetence??

I sure don't. They had months of warnings. Warnings the Brits and Red Cross took seriously enough to remove their people from the area. Obama's State Department did nothing and that nothing got four good men killed.

As an Obamabot you give him a pass.

Carry on dumbass.
Once again, I welcome your post offering up proof (PROOF) that the state dept did anything wrong. I sure dont want your jaded opinions, just post facts and links. OK?

If I were as incompetent as the Obama State Department I would have lost my job years ago and I've been doing this job for the last eleven years so Competent I am.

Sugar coating, which is what you do, doesn't change a thing. Incompetence is incompetence even if a obamabot like you won't see it.
Its noted that you haven't posted a single fact in defense of your post. Obviously you are just another FOS Trumpmpie.

He doesn't even recognize incompetence when he sees it yet he can say with confidence that Trump criticized the military by looking at one statement.

They lost Ryan.

You can't cure stupid.
Every media outlet in the country came to the exact same conclusion, but not you.
How many years were you on the Yahoo MB?
How many ID'd did you use?

what does it matter?
Answer the question! Was he in the White House situation room monitoring his first military operation, or did he go to dinner with his son in law. The operation was too trivial for him

so fking fake newser, you got that post number yet? or are you just a fking liar?
nope. In fact, I found it disturbing that they were in the room. I don't think that is a place for the CIC.

He's the Commander in Chief. He should be in there since he ordered the operation.

Also, if he knows more than the generals, maybe he should've been in there and nothing wrong should have happened.

They lost Ryan.

You can't cure stupid.
Every media outlet in the country came to the exact same conclusion, but not you.
well stupid fk, that makes sense given their inability to see anything positive from the man. you think? you got that post number yet liar?

what does it matter?

nope. In fact, I found it disturbing that they were in the room. I don't think that is a place for the CIC.
The Commander in Chief, approves his very first military operation and instead of being in the situation room, he goes to dinner. Thats just fine with you?

They lost Ryan.

You can't cure stupid.
well stupid fk, that makes sense given their inability to see anything positive from the man. you think? you got that post number yet liar?
what post number?

Anyone still talking about Benghazi is just pathetic.
I'll never stop talking about the shame of Benghazi implanted in the US by Hitlery and obummer. NEVER..
You will die as pathetic as you lived.
I will? :lmao::lmao:dude :lmao::lmao:WTF are you on? Can you share? you act as if I said something about your sorry ass.
You Benghazists are as bad as the birthers.
facts are merely facts and that's just too damn bad for you I guess.
You had enough witch hunts over Benghazi with no results. Those are the facts.

How many military missions have you been on? How many training missions have you been on?

There was no military mission associated with Benghazi. Obama didn't send troops into Benghazi, nor did HRC. Both HRC and Obama sent SEALS on a mission to kill OBL. That succeeded with no loss of life by a SEAL.
every time a soldier deploys it is a mission. And hitlery did nothing, obummer did nothing. four men dead.
I'll never stop talking about the shame of Benghazi implanted in the US by Hitlery and obummer. NEVER..
I will? :lmao::lmao:dude :lmao::lmao:WTF are you on? Can you share? you act as if I said something about your sorry ass.
What am I on???? I was basically repeating what you said.

The witch hunters dont need facts, they would confuse them

what does it matter?

why does it matter?

It matters because where Trump was during the operation/raid suggests the degree of importance he placed on it and on learning the detailed "ins and outs" of how his new job works. Seeing as it was a relatively small raid and it was the first military operation conducted under his command, being in the SitRoom would have been a good thing. It would have been a learning opportunity for Trump and it'd have sent a signal about the importance he places on the lives of the people whom he sends into harm's way.

What, one might ask, was there to learn for a thoroughly inexperienced new President?
  • The pace at which military actions transpire. Where things bog down; the specific nature of things that can go wrong, the specific nature of serendipity in military action, etc.
  • The "in your face" realities of combat operations. Seeing/hearing in person how those kinds of things play out gives one a perspective and palpable awareness of the fact that one has just sent someone to die in pursuit of U.S. objectives. That experience lends one's statements of sympathy a degree of sincerity that cannot be matched by merely uttering condolences and accolades for those lost souls. (Admittedly, Trump has some acting experience...he may be able to come off as sufficiently sincere in a televised appearance.)
  • Being in the SitRoom would have given him practical exposure to the nature and extent of the tools and resources at his disposal for monitoring, well, situations. I'm sure he got a tour of the facility, but there's nothing like a "real" event to convey the gravitas of having to manage things effectively and on one's feet as it's playing out and lives are at stake.
We've long been hearing that Trump skipped intelligence briefings. That he did conveyed a a tone of insouciance toward the importance of that information and toward the people who work hard to gather, analyze and deliver it to him. Being in the SitRoom for his first military action would have, at the very least, shown that he's taking his job seriously and that he appreciates the people who serve the U.S. Helping to change the perception within his intelligence community is something he really needs to do. The raid was, after all, an intelligence gathering one.

By all accounts the Yemen raid was a success.

AS ALWAYS

you are wrong.

Yemen SEAL raid yielded no significant intel: report

This is what you call a factual report?

The raid on an al Qaeda compound in Yemen last month that left civilians and a U.S. Navy SEAL dead has not produced any significant intelligence so far, according to a new report.

Senior U.S. officials

Pentagon officials' claims that the controversial mission produced “actionable intelligence

A senior congressional official

NBC’s source

The official and others

Multiple senior U.S. officials

Trump's words are not credible; nor are the words of Spicer, Conway, Miller, Bannon, Pence or anyone of Trump's inner circle, cabinet or cronies.

ok, you have a long four years then.

If we survive Trump's brinkmanship, and the incompetence he and his people have demon-strated thus far.

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.

Trump and his gestapo have totally lied about their Yemen FUBAR. The latest reports say they didn't even get any meaningful intelligence from the raid. Nothing but lies. This must be thoroughly investigated.

Are you prepared to call General Mattis as liar as well?

"I just spoke to General Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, “Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.”

General Mattis didn't say what you put in quotes, that's what the Liar-in-Chief said last night. If I'm wrong, and you've actually quoted General Mattis, post a credible link. As Mattis is known to be highly intelligent and well read, the syntax in the quote raises suspicion.

"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!
What president would ever blame a Dealth on his Generals? The buck stops at the top. Its time for Rump to grow a pair, and as to the mission, it was a failure. Rump lied to you again

The Generals told Trump the mission was a success.

If it ain't written, it didn't happen. Trump needs to declassify the after action report and post it on the White House Web Site. Trump needs to apologize to President Obama for lying Obama planned the raid.

You need to take your head out of your ass and understand that the raid was planned on Obama's watch.
What difference where the raid was planned, but in actuality it was NOT planned on Obama's watch, but as it is, in case you didn't know Rump is the CIC. Its up to him to approval a mission

This is what one of Trumps harshest critics had to say about it.

President Barack Obama’s national security aides had reviewed the plans for a risky attack on a small, heavily guarded brick home of a senior Qaeda collaborator in a mountainous village in a remote part of central Yemen. But Mr. Obama did not act because the Pentagon wanted to launch the attack on a moonless night and the next one would come after his term had ended.

Mr. Trump on Sunday hailed his first counterterrorism operation as a success, claiming the commandos captured “important intelligence that will assist the U.S. in preventing terrorism against its citizens and people around the world.” A statement by the military’s Central Command on Wednesday night that acknowledged the likelihood of civilian casualties also said that the recovered materials had provided some initial information helpful to counterterrorism analysts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/world/middleeast/donald-trump-yemen-commando-raid-questions.html

He's the Commander in Chief. He should be in there since he ordered the operation.

Also, if he knows more than the generals, maybe he should've been in there and nothing wrong should have happened.
that's you not me. sorry.

They lost Ryan.

You can't cure stupid.
what post number?
ahhhhhh look at you acting all stupid now. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I did? I don't think anyone saw one email out of that 33k deleted emails. hmmmmmmmmm

every time a soldier deploys it is a mission. And hitlery did nothing, obummer did nothing. four men dead.
What am I on???? I was basically repeating what you said.
what did you repeat? you taking honors now?

Forum List

Back