CDZ They cannot both be correct...

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Xelor, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Indeependent

Indeependent Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,512
    People are obsessed with activities that are not conducive to a successful future.
    These obsessions are prevalent in lower class area where neighbors have no great aspirations.
    It takes an unusually strong person to break away from social peer pressure.
    Most people don't succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,242
    TY for correlating your remarks to the theme of the OP. Not many posters seem able (willing?) to do that.

3. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,358
    It appears that you are equating "GOVERNMENT ACTION/AUTHORITY" with "SOCIETY", when they are two completely separate things.

4. Shrimpbox

Shrimpbox Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
    Ratings:
    +1,976
    How the Pew Research Center makes conservatives sound like jackasses | AmericaWantsToKnow.com

The pew foundation is decidedly liberal. Every bit of their research on fisheries is directly aimed at wiping out commercial fisheries, so forgive me if the constantly rotating ass kissing that goes on between pew, nyt, npr, Huffington post, et al. Is just incest.

Let's just take one of the survey questions. Is there too much emphasis or discussion about race. Are you kidding me. Since I became cognizant that is all we have been talking about. 13% of the population is dominating 87 % of the conversation. Tell me how many people are sick and tired of Colin K or turning to espn and having to be told how racist you are when you just want to watch some football. But of course if you don't want to talk about race you are a racist. Like the article says, the questions are asked to elicit a preordained response and a preordained loathing of white people after you read the survey. If I hear we need to have an honest dialog about race again my head will explode. What is there that hasn't been said. What the hell is there left that hasn't been said? The only new twist to nform this debate is the wholesale brainwashing of our young people by the educational system.

How about this for a survey question? How much more good for this country could we accomplish if we didn't spend so much time talking about race?
    A lot
    Some
    None

5. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +37,850
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,242
    OT:
    I got news for you: some of us still do.

For example, my mother made a point of admonishing my daughter about being careful not to get "NOCD-up." What did she mean? She most certainly did not mean "knocked-up." She meant "don't get too closely involved with people who are not our class, dear," which excludes a whole lot of people, though only a few in the environment my daughter was soon to encounter.

That conversation happened roughly 15 years ago. Not very recent, but hardly the distant past.

My daughter told me about it because was pissed off. "What does Granny think I am going to do at school?" she asked me. She thought Momma meant "knocked-up" because she'd never been inculcated that Waspy BS by me, her mother or grandparents. She knew of it from the little sh*ts she went to school with, but, blessedly, I had far more influence on her than they did.

My wife and I, way back when our first born started babbling, told Momma and Dad that if we ever found out they were spewing their classist BS to our kids, they would never see them again. We had the same conversation with her parents. We even repeated it a second time when the six of us were together for my daughter's christening.

Momma also told me about their conversation. She said she'd only told her to be careful and not to get "nocd up." She said wanted to say more than that, but thought better of it, knowing my daughter would likely tell me about the conversation, and I'd, in turn, forbid Momma from seeing her granddaughter. I told Momma it was a good thing she still possessed her better judgment.

She said, "Um, hm. I knew that."

She laughed when I told her what her granddaughter thought she'd meant, but she felt bad about it too. She called her right then and there to apologize saying, "I'm so sorry, sweetie. Your daddy just just me what happened. I didn't mean to imply I thought you would do something like that. I know you wouldn't. I just wanted to tell you to be careful in general. There're all kinds of people everywhere these days."

At that point I gave Momma the "enough" signal. Truly, I think sometimes she just can't control herself even when she knows she must.

7. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,242
    TY

The bulk of the OP "space occupied" is pictures.

It is a comparatively large quantity of words once one takes to reading the linked content. Then again, I were were of a mind to take the time to put all that content in the post, I wouldn't have linked it. LOL

8. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,242
    You know, if you feel you need to discuss race or racism and its impacts, fine, but please connect whatever you have to say in that regard to the thread topic, which, were you to carefully read thread title and my prose, you'll find that race, racism and its effects are not at all the topic.

I've noticed that one member has figured that out and posted accordingly, at least twice. If they can figure it out, so can you. Or can't you? Just give it a try instead of assuming the thread is themed as are so many others.

9. Not2BSubjugated

Not2BSubjugated Callous Individualist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +631
    I am equating those two things. They aren't necessarily the same, but I think in this case they are. How does a society make a concerted effort to do anything in particular but by law? Not rhetorical. I could be wrong, but I honestly can't think of any examples of a "society" all focusing on some homogenous goal. The way it generally works seems to be that the mainstream culture evolves for any number of reasons to decide something is bad, and then the government of said society adjusts the focus of its power to reflect that widely held view point.

10. Bonzi

Bonzi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,624
    Whatever. We had a black president for 8 years. You don't get more equal than that.