These OWS Kids Are Not Only Making Me Proud, They Are Making History

The LEO's did nothing wrong. Its not illegal to use pepper spray if your a LEO.

From what I've been reading the Chief of campus police was ordered by the college Chancellor to remove the protesters.

She in turn ordered her officers to remove the protesters. She is now on payed administrative leave.

Don't think I would have sprayed them but there it is.

Don't think much will come of it though.

From what I've been reading the Chief of campus police was ordered by the college Chancellor to remove the protesters.

She in turn ordered her officers to remove the protesters. She is now on payed administrative leave.

The police have now been neutered on that campus.

Someone is going to get hurt because the police won't be able to do their job to stop the law breakers.

Since when did one's first amendment right extend to setting up camp on land you do not own or rent, demanding that someone else come in and clean up after you,, that you be fed by someone else and disrupt others' livelihoods?

Speaking your mind is one thing, fucking it up for everybody else and demanding immunity for doing so is quite another.

I agree.... there is very little sympathy in mainstream America for this OWS crap... hence the deafening silence.

:lol:

If America's future belongs to those patriotic kids, then America's in good hands.

:clap2:

And you call yourself christian... whatever happened to obeying the law?

They are daring law officials to act, and when they do..... they are the bad guys.

I say boo freekin hoo.... I hope the pepper spray felt good.

If ya cant take the heat... blah blah blah

Occupy Boston is giving out tents to the adult homeless population. These folks are not there to protest. They are there because they have shelter and food aplenty. Many there are not making history as you say. They are there making a home for themselves.

True...

But I refuse to take away from the effort of the true OWSers.
They are not responsible for those that have opted to hijack their movement.

I do not agree with much, if not most of what the OWS movement is all about....but I will be damned if I allow the hijackers prmopt me to paint a borad brush on those that were truly exercising their right to free speech.

As for the NY movement....their intention was not become squatters not showering and getting n the way of people. Their opposers "dared" them to stay...they said "sure, one rain and they will leave"...or..."let them get hungry and they will go home to mommy and daddy"...

So what did you exepct them to do?

Since when did one's first amendment right extend to setting up camp on land you do not own or rent, demanding that someone else come in and clean up after you,, that you be fed by someone else and disrupt others' livelihoods?

Speaking your mind is one thing, fucking it up for everybody else and demanding immunity for doing so is quite another.

^^^^^
that

OWS has done a good job of shining a light on the people that destroyed our economy.

Now we need to follow this up with political action.

And THERE, my liberal friends, is the rub. What political action is OWS seeking? Every time they try to present a list of demands their effort gets laughed at or immediately withdrawn because they can't reach a consensus as to what they want.

What you're witnessing is a group of people who have become extremely proficient at getting the spotlight but then have nothing to say when they stand in it.

It really remarkable to watch...

Proud of a bunch of out of work slugs shitting on fire hydrants and crapping all over parks that children play in?? Oh yes.. I'm sure liberals are proud of that. LOL

I agree.... there is very little sympathy in mainstream America for this OWS crap... hence the deafening silence.

:lol:

Yep. I think folks are getting totally turned off by these OWS people.

They should all be in DC right in front of Congress.

Wall St. can do nothing unless Govt paves the way for them.

The Clowns in DC were supposed to be oversite for the financial district. Apparantly they were all asleep at the switch or on VK.

If those Clowns in DC handled their personal finances the way they handle the taxpayers money they would all be bankrupt or probably in jail.

OWS has done a good job of shining a light on the people that destroyed our economy.

And THERE, my liberal friends, is the rub. What political action is OWS seeking? Every time they try to present a list of demands their effort gets laughed at or immediately withdrawn because they can't reach a consensus as to what they want.

What you're witnessing is a group of people who have become extremely proficient at getting the spotlight but then have nothing to say when they stand in it.

On the most part, the original OWSers were the younger generation. Most have never paid taxes and most have never been directly involved in captitalsim.

Likely, most did not really understand what was happening in the financial world or in politics in general...and how the two created the fianncial mess we are in.

All they knoew were two thing..

1) their parents were struggling
2) things need to be different.

If they had the answers, wouldnt you think the rest of us would?

The first ammendment in action. The most patriotic thing you can do is protect the first amendment. We praise the courage of lone rebels in foreign lands while mocking and chastising those who express themselves here.

breaking the law discredits the noblest of causes

This is the dumbest post I've read all month.

Great.

Show us your wisdom and justification for when breaking the law to meet a cause or end is justified.

Proud of a bunch of out of work slugs shitting on fire hydrants and crapping all over parks that children play in?? Oh yes.. I'm sure liberals are proud of that. LOL

you are not proud of our younger generation exercising their right to free speech?
I am.

Question...if you were at a tea party ralley and it was a 3 day event....and the opposers claimed..."sure..they are here for three days but I bet if it rains they all run away to their dry homes and RV's.....would you stay if teorrential rains came?"

On the most part, the original OWSers were the younger generation. Most have never paid taxes and most have never been directly involved in captitalsim.

Likely, most did not really understand what was happening in the financial world or in politics in general...and how the two created the fianncial mess we are in.

All they knoew were two thing..

1) their parents were struggling
2) things need to be different.

If they had the answers, wouldnt you think the rest of us would?

My niece and nephew joined the Oakland protest. She's a teacher, he's a free lance computer graphics artist. They make good money, better than my husband and I do, and even they understand the problems with our country today.

Forum List

Back