These OWS Kids Are Not Only Making Me Proud, They Are Making History

When the police tell you to disperse you disperse or get sprayed. As I understand it the kids were protesting tuition increases. I have no pity for CA college kids used to getting free college. College is expensive and we all pay our own way. CA is $30b in the hole and needs to start clamping down. The OWS clowns need to buy a clue.

Hundreds were injured and at least one person died Saturday in Cairo when police swept through a camp of protesters in Tahrir Square. A crackdown continues in Syria. Yemen's oppressive government remains in place.

It's always important to keep things in perspective.

Still, what happened Friday on the campus of the University of California Davis has struck a chord. In a demonstration of support for the Occupy movement, a small group of protesters was sitting, arms linked together. Campus police told them to move. The students didn't. And that's when an officer walked down the line of seated men and women, pepper-spraying them. Some took it straight in their faces. Many of the several hundred others who were there screamed in terror and frustration.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8775ZmNGFY8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8775ZmNGFY8[/ame]

Campus police said the officers had been surrounded by protesters and commanders have defended their actions. So did university Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi — which led to a call from the school's faculty association for her resignation. Katehi has since said she wants an outside, independent panel to review what happened and that she doesn't plan to step down.

There's a second video related to this story that we want to share. In some ways it's more powerful than the one that's been going viral.

On Saturday, after a news conference she held, Katehi remained inside one of the university's buildings for a couple hours. Outside, protesters regrouped. And when she emerged, there was one of the most amazing scenes so far related to the Occupy movement. As Katehi and another woman walked three blocks to an SUV, they passed through a gauntlet of several hundred students — who remained silent in a powerful show of their disdain.

VIDEO: After Pepper-Spraying, A Powerfully Silent Protest At UC Davis : The Two-Way : NPR

I'm no fan of the whole OWS thing and I don't know what happened before the video clip I watched but what I saw was simply unnacceptable. There were plenty of cops to physically move them without pepper spray if they needed to be moved for some specific, valid, reason.

actually food grade pepper spray is the safest, most effective means of moving non-compliant arrestees

"physically moving" them and the ensuing struggle has resulted in far more serious injuries to suspects than the spray tan

i respect your right to think it is excessive but those are facts and why courts, agencies and institutions use and adhere to this very doctrine

Do you guys realize we are watching history being made?

That video of Friday's atrocious brutality of the police by Pepper Spraying these unarmed, unviolent student protestors.

The kids didn't panic, they didn't riot, they simply huddled together in solidarity and braced for the worse. The full-on BRUTALITY by the Powers That Be gone wild.

None of them left rank. This is truly like watching the Civil Rights Movement. No other movement in recent history has made me feel that way.

If America's future belongs to those patriotic kids, then America's in good hands.

:clap2:

I thought Mrs. Palin told Mr. Cain to embrace the tea party!

hahahahahaaaaa....

Thank goodness our country will never be in their hands, the dweebs.

Didnt they say the same thing back in the sixties when they were using fire hoses and dogs on blacks? That turned out pretty damn well in my opinion.

I'm no fan of the whole OWS thing and I don't know what happened before the video clip I watched but what I saw was simply unnacceptable. There were plenty of cops to physically move them without pepper spray if they needed to be moved for some specific, valid, reason.

From what I saw the people were just sitting there not moving and not being agressive and that cop just sprayed them...an sprayed a lot. That is unnacceptable.

From the looks of that video that cop needs to face assult charges an be suspended without pay and investigated.

actually food grade pepper spray is the safest, most effective means of moving non-compliant arrestees

"physically moving" them and the ensuing struggle has resulted in far more serious injuries to suspects than the spray tan

i respect your right to think it is excessive but those are facts and why courts, agencies and institutions use and adhere to this very doctrine

Yeah good point about physically moving maybe causing more trouble but I still feel that was just wrong. They were peacefully assembled and I didn't see any valid reason to be pepper spraying them.

Last edited:

That video of Friday's atrocious brutality of the police by Pepper Spraying these unarmed, unviolent student protestors.

The kids didn't panic, they didn't riot, they simply huddled together in solidarity and braced for the worse. The full-on BRUTALITY by the Powers That Be gone wild.

None of them left rank. This is truly like watching the Civil Rights Movement. No other movement in recent history has made me feel that way.

If America's future belongs to those patriotic kids, then America's in good hands.

I support em! One of my buddy's told me he wants to drive to KC. Said he didnt want to live through this and never hold a fucking sign.

Me I support em cause they are fighting for there future. Thats whats at stake and they know it. Its just sad what this country has turned into. The only power the government has is power that is granted it by the peoples consent.

When the police tell you to disperse you disperse or get sprayed. As I understand it the kids were protesting tuition increases. I have no pity for CA college kids used to getting free college. College is expensive and we all pay our own way. CA is $30b in the hole and needs to start clamping down. The OWS clowns need to buy a clue.

Yeah....you got exactly what they need. Dontcha?

gun%20shot%20photo.jpg

LOL, history is what the hippies said they were making back in the sixties when they were PROTESTING THE MAN. then they all grew up and went to work...........FOR WALL STEEET..:lol:

LOL, history is what the hippies said they were making back in the sixties when they were PROTESTING THE MAN. then they all grew up and went to work...........FOR WALL STEEET..:lol:
I would imagine you have a set of facts at the ready to back up that swill you're spewing. Yes?

To compare this to the civil rights movement is a bit much I think.
But then again they do hand out Nobel Prizes pretty easy these days.
I need to see a bit more before I think these people are changing much of anything yet.

Oh and just to throw a little water on the election to sainthood.
Take a look at a few things from the OWS crowd.

We did have a few clashes with Police.
We did have one of the OWS peeps threaten to firebomb Macy's
and burn the city to the ground.
I wonder how many more of that kind is in the crowd.

Nope. You came armed.

The first ammendment in action. The most patriotic thing you can do is protect the first amendment. We praise the courage of lone rebels in foreign lands while mocking and chastising those who express themselves here.

I would imagine you have a set of facts at the ready to back up that swill you're spewing. Yes?

well yes I do. it's called, living through it AND LIFE my dear.....:lol:

The first ammendment in action. The most patriotic thing you can do is protect the first amendment. We praise the courage of lone rebels in foreign lands while mocking and chastising those who express themselves here.

They aren't PROTESTING they call it OCCUYPING. nothing NOBEL about that. and I don't praise ANYONE for doing that. I just laugh at them here, them living in the RICHEST country in the world..

So far they've accomplished quite a few things: Raping women, killing a man, shitting on cop cars and on the streets, spreading diseases like tuberculosis, creating problems for the businesses around them. If that makes you proud, so be it.

breaking the law discredits the noblest of causes

Forum List

Back