These OWS Kids Are Not Only Making Me Proud, They Are Making History

Susan B. Anthony and Martin Luther King...the women's suffrage and civil rights movements.

You may piss off now.

SBA was arrested and brought lawful amendment through the courts ? You know the legal way.

What MLK arrest are you refering to ?

Susan B. Anthony and MLK were arrested practicing civil disobedience i.e. breaking the law to further their cause. Their noble causes were not discredited by their actions, they were galvanized.

They grew.

And they won.

That's my last post to you, ignorant troll.

No they didnt break laws outside of those they had issue with and were ultimately deemed illegal thru due process.

e.g...I would resist gun confiscation but killing cops would not be an acceptable way to do it and would discredit my cause

or protest "wall street" (wahtever that is) but illegal camping and resisting arrest is not an accpetable way to do it and would discredit my cause

now run away

Last edited:
Do you guys realize we are watching history being made?

That video of Friday's atrocious brutality of the police by Pepper Spraying these unarmed, unviolent student protestors.

The kids didn't panic, they didn't riot, they simply huddled together in solidarity and braced for the worse. The full-on BRUTALITY by the Powers That Be gone wild.

None of them left rank. This is truly like watching the Civil Rights Movement. No other movement in recent history has made me feel that way.

If America's future belongs to those patriotic kids, then America's in good hands.

:clap2:

What exactly are they protesting? I thought Obama was going to fix all our problems?

These people are supposedly upset about how things are in our country, yet are perfectly happy with maintaining Democrat control of our government? :cuckoo:

A quick glance at any major city's slums will indicate the wonderful way a democratic government handles things

I need to remember not to comment on your posts. It winds up resulting in the little back and forth waste of time we just engaged in.

Yeah, I tend to call out your bullshit. I would stay away from me as well if I were you.

your arrogance is impressive.....l

lol...as for staying away from you....wake up.....this is an internet board....I am never closer to you than I was before I logged on.

I know.....to you it is real life becuase it allows you to act like a tough guy without the negative ramifications.

Pretty evindent by your "tough guy" avatar.....

So with all that in mind...I was wrong......your arrogance is not impressive.

My avatar is a dude from the football team that plays 45 minutes from my house. Prior to that it was a Bruins player. Prior to that a Celtics player and prior to that a Red Sox player.

See a motif there?

You don't know shit about me. Stop pretending you do.

SBA was arrested and brought lawful amendment through the courts ? You know the legal way.

Susan B. Anthony and MLK were arrested practicing civil disobedience i.e. breaking the law to further their cause. Their noble causes were not discredited by their actions, they were galvanized.

They grew.

And they won.

No they didnt break laws outside of those they had issue with and were deemed illegal.

i.g...I would resist gun confiscation but killing cops would not be an acceptable way to do it.

or protest "wall street" (wahtever that is) but illegal camping and resisting arrest is not an accpetable way to do it.

he is having trouble understanding the difference between breaking a law to show how unjustified the law is and breaking a law that has nothing to do with what your movement is all about.

They grew.

And they won.

No they didnt break laws outside of those they had issue with and were deemed illegal thru due process.

i.g...I would resist gun confiscation but killing cops would not be an acceptable way to do itand would discredit my cause

or protest "wall street" (wahtever that is) but illegal camping and resisting arrest is not an accpetable way to do it and would discredit my cause

now run away

Have you even looked at a history book, let alone read it? You don't remember the marches? The police shooting fire hoses at the marchers?

They grew.

And they won.

No they didnt break laws outside of those they had issue with and were deemed illegal.

i.g...I would resist gun confiscation but killing cops would not be an acceptable way to do it.

or protest "wall street" (wahtever that is) but illegal camping and resisting arrest is not an acceptable way to do it.

he is having trouble understanding the difference between breaking a law to show how unjustified the law is and breaking a law that has nothing to do with what your movement is all about.

and is a condescending pussy about it to boot

They grew.

And they won.

or protest "wall street" (wahtever that is) but illegal camping and resisting arrest is not an accpetable way to do it.

You two are having trouble backpedaling from this statement:

The first ammendment in action. The most patriotic thing you can do is protect the first amendment. We praise the courage of lone rebels in foreign lands while mocking and chastising those who express themselves here.

breaking the law discredits the noblest of causes

I don't see any caveats there at all.

Yeah, I tend to call out your bullshit. I would stay away from me as well if I were you.

lol...as for staying away from you....wake up.....this is an internet board....I am never closer to you than I was before I logged on.

I know.....to you it is real life becuase it allows you to act like a tough guy without the negative ramifications.

My avatar is a dude from the football team that plays 45 minutes from my house. Prior to that it was a Bruins player. Prior to that a Celtics player and prior to that a Red Sox player.

See a motif there?

getting a bit defensive I see.

It is an avatar of a tough guy and you are also giving off the demeanor of a tough guy.....and I pretty much put two and two together.

So take your childish tough guy attitude and use it on someone else.

I know what I am dealing with in you.

See a motif there?

Gronkowski ROCKS!

Gronk! Gronk! Gronk! Gronk! Gronk! Gronk! Gronk! Gronk! Gronk! Gronk! Gronk!

Occupy Boston is giving out tents to the adult homeless population. These folks are not there to protest. They are there because they have shelter and food aplenty. Many there are not making history as you say. They are there making a home for themselves.

True...

But I refuse to take away from the effort of the true OWSers.
They are not responsible for those that have opted to hijack their movement.

I do not agree with much, if not most of what the OWS movement is all about....but I will be damned if I allow the hijackers prmopt me to paint a borad brush on those that were truly exercising their right to free speech.

As for the NY movement....their intention was not become squatters not showering and getting n the way of people. Their opposers "dared" them to stay...they said "sure, one rain and they will leave"...or..."let them get hungry and they will go home to mommy and daddy"...

So what did you exepct them to do?

What do I expect the homeless to do?
Occupy Boston of course! Hell, if I was homeless I'd do the same.

To the true occupiers .... protest all you want! I'm all about freedom of speech.

See a motif there?

I know you like shit teams. just saying.

They grew.

And they won.

No they didnt break laws outside of those they had issue with and were deemed illegal thru due process.

i.g...I would resist gun confiscation but killing cops would not be an acceptable way to do itand would discredit my cause

now run away

Have you even looked at a history book, let alone read it? You don't remember the marches? The police shooting fire hoses at the marchers?

yes. I recall that. They were not allowed to assemble...and they were demostrating how unjustified it was to not let them assemble.

It is not the same as breaking trespassing laws as you protest how wall street is ruining the economy.

See a motif there?

It is an avatar of a tough guy and you are also giving off the demeanor of a tough guy.....and I pretty much put two and two together.

Defensive...naw just setting you straight, as usual.

You are free to start practicing what you preach right away.

now run away

yes. I recall that. They were not allowed to assemble...and they were demostrating how unjustified it was to not let them assemble.

It is not the same as breaking trespassing laws as you protest how wall street is ruining the economy.

More backpedal fail.

See a motif there?

I know you like shit teams. just saying.

Yup, the teams here just suck. The evidence is clear.

See a motif there?

Defensive...naw just setting you straight, as usual.

You are free to start practicing what you preach right away.

Nah....you are defensive.

But call it what you want....if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

When the police tell you to disperse you disperse or get sprayed. As I understand it the kids were protesting tuition increases. I have no pity for CA college kids used to getting free college. College is expensive and we all pay our own way. CA is $30b in the hole and needs to start clamping down. The OWS clowns need to buy a clue.

Free College? CA colleges are not free. Where did you get this information. In 2005 CA State University was around $6,000. Last year the it was around $12,000 and now because of more tuition hikes it will jump to around $23,000. That is more than I payed back in early 2000's for private university.

Public education cost are completely out of reach to the public now. The administrators don't cut their pay--and share in the sacrifices, they put all the burden on the students who if they are working are making min wage.

Have you asked yourself why CA is 30 billion in the hole. College students didn't cause the problem, yet they are made to either pay for Wall St bailout, or quit school. Now that is not FAIR!

If everyone was paying their own way then why are students having to pay more when Wall Street got bailed out. Did Wall St pay its own way? Nope--they ran to congress and got a bailout on the backs of hardworking Americans who have less in their pocket-while WS gave out bonues.

Your the one who needs to buy a clue. Better yet here is one for free.

Tuition costs for colleges have skyrocketed up long before Wall Street bailouts.
Our University system has long been a money making industry, rather than a real education system. Liberals have been running the Universities for decades, is it any wonder the education system is broke?

That is not true. Maybe you never went to college? Back in 2000 CA Colleges was about at most $4 thousand a year. Yep a year. When I applied it was roughly $1,700 a semester. This is way before the WS Bailout. I went to private college and it was $11 thousand a semester when state colleges were $1,700 a semester.

Why do you lie? Why are you protecting WS Bankers who destroyed the American Dream?

More backpedal fail.

Having trouble comprehending basic logic?

Not much I can do about that for ya bud.

Forum List

Back