Zone1 These forums are very odd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debate is for open-minded people who are willing to listen to and consider alternate viewpoints. That’s not something most people here (especially myself) are interested in doing.

People do not debate here. A material portion are paid trolls from other countries. Cough Russia Cough.

But its great if you want to fight. 🤠
Political debates on internet forums are a blood sport. Nevertheless, I decline to respond in kind to the insults thrown at me, and try to keep my arguments at the top of this pyramid.

1061px-Graham's_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg.png

What is up with people on these political boards?

A. They Make a claim someone or a group is something bad
B. I ask how/why they claim that
C. They get agitated, change subjects, and/or throw insults.

Over and over and over..

Do people debate here? There’s a lot of bitter, unhappy, disrespectful folk in these threads.. maybe this is a collection pool of sorts for those types? Who knows
if you think anyone here is here to debate...lolol...it is entertainment and supposed to be funny.........you'll never last son

Over and over and over..

Do people debate here? There’s a lot of bitter, unhappy, disrespectful folk in these threads.. maybe this is a collection pool of sorts for those types? Who knows
we have numerous Zone 1 boards where you can't cuss, troll, run off topic, or be an idiot...................there is sumptin for everyone here...look around and discover

Over and over and over..

So glad you showed up here, Wiggle Piggy, and I'm sorry to hear you are upset over things that characteristic of political rhetoric. It goes with the territory of our brave moderators dealing with strong feelings about politics and the fact that good news about your own political feelings are validated or that your own politics are marginalized by those with other agendas. I actually have gotten used to it after twelve years, and my political opponents no longer bother me. Here's a little box of Toughskin for you to use as you like or war paint until your thin skin turns thick, so to speak:

1695400038580.jpeg

Wish there were a more reliable medicine for hurt feelings dealt out by the loyal opposition, so simply stay informed as best you can, learn to identify a rotten egg presented as a baby bird, which it will never be, and consider time you spent here as stage 1 development of a sense of humor in the face of a spitfire bomb. It seldom gets better, but it frequently gets worse when left and right issues result in bipolarity. Written with true sympathy and understanding... Love, beautress :thup:

Over and over and over..

It's called, "Social Identity Theory". People feel that they're in a group, so when you read a thread, those that feel that that are in that group, display this by their opening post, to confirm/show their group membership for others to accept them. Then they believe others outside of their group need to conform to a criteria of a group that they place others in.

Watch as you participate in threads, once you make a comment, others with indirectly tell you what you should be defending and which group you are in. It's interesting watching people on forums follow basic social science.

It's called, "Social Identity Theory". People feel that they're in a group, so when you read a thread, those that feel that that are in that group, display this by their opening post, to confirm/show their group membership for others to accept them. Then they believe others outside of their group need to conform to a criteria of a group that they place others in.

Watch as you participate in threads, once you make a comment, others with indirectly tell you what you should be defending and which group you are in. It's interesting watching people on forums follow basic social science.
Watching how often people use the pronoun "we" in this forum certainly illustrates that.

The degree to which people conform to groupthink is such that I wonder if people are even sentient, sometimes. It's like watching the proles in 1984 saying they have always been at war with Eastasia when a few years before they had always been at war with Eurasia.

Today, the groupthink fad happens to be trannies and sexing up children. I have yet to encounter a single member of the leftist hive mind that has any idea that this ISN'T what they were championing as recently as few years ago. All they know is that they will be rewarded by their little peeps with praise if they are on board and condemned and called names if they aren't.

Over and over and over..

Slow down and try to get to know people before you jump head first into judging others.

Try saying something for 5 minutes without using the words I or they.

A huge portion of the Biden supporters will insult you if you support trump , if you criticize BLM , if you criticize support for Ukraine, or if you are a Christian.

Those Biden supporters are low on context and high on nonsense.
I am a Biden supporter, but I am not like that.

Sillbozo is a left wing kook.

There, corrected!
Just because you are extreme right doesn't mean I'm extreme left. For example, did you hear what George Santos said yesterday?

Santos said "whatever comes my way, I have the desire to stay very much involved in public policy" and said he "won't rest until I see Donald Trump back in the White House."14 hours ago

George is the perfect endorsement for Trump

Political debates on internet forums are a blood sport. Nevertheless, I decline to respond in kind to the insults thrown at me, and try to keep my arguments at the top of this pyramid.

View attachment 832404
amazin how different posters are.........i rather enjoy the insults while ramming points up demacrappers poopers

your Z1 material son........don't go to the basement...you might stroke out...lol!

amazin how different posters are.........i rather enjoy the insults while ramming points up demacrappers poopers

your Z1 material son........don't go to the basement...you might stroke out...lol!
Insults and name calling are the lowest form of discourse. They are resorted to those with strong opinions, but weak minds.

Just because you are extreme right doesn't mean I'm extreme left. For example, did you hear what George Santos said yesterday?

Santos said "whatever comes my way, I have the desire to stay very much involved in public policy" and said he "won't rest until I see Donald Trump back in the White House."14 hours ago

George is the perfect endorsement for Trump
You’re a far left wing goober. You always have been. You simply react and emote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back