Zone1 These forums are very odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggle_Piggy

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2023
What is up with people on these political boards?

A. They Make a claim someone or a group is something bad
B. I ask how/why they claim that
C. They get agitated, change subjects, and/or throw insults.

Over and over and over..

Do people debate here? There’s a lot of bitter, unhappy, disrespectful folk in these threads.. maybe this is a collection pool of sorts for those types? Who knows

Over and over and over..

Do people debate here? There’s a lot of bitter, unhappy, disrespectful folk in these threads.. maybe this is a collection pool of sorts for those types? Who knows
I’m pretty moderate and see both sides of things. What’s the subject? Let me give you my decision.

There are a number of competing groups here: Russians, undercover Canadian police, Dem/Gop reps, special interest motivations etc. They are all trying convince the masses here of some ideology or narrative. Honest debate could undermine their one sided messsge.

Last edited:

Over and over and over..

Introductory threads, are more an opportunity to tell us a little about yourself, why you have decided to chose our little corner of the web to engage in conversation, etc.

This post, although intriguing, seems as though it might fall astray of Zone 1 boundaries by challenging some folks preconceptions?;

"Zone 1": Clean Debate Zone (CDZ) / Introduce Yourself (Welcome Threads) / The Lounge / Announcements / Race Relations-Racism / Religion and Ethics: Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. No insults, name calling, or putting down other posters (flaming). Consider it a lesson in civics.

Just a hunch. . .

. . . and is not exactly an introductory post on your part. . . though I could be mistaken. :eusa_think:

Take the time to get acquainted with the rules here;

I think most folks realize, they won't change any minds or really seek any real debate, though we do have specific sub-forums tailored for that, if you want to find someone who is willing to engage in highly structured debate on a particular thesis. . . most folks, just come here for entertainment with, hopefully live folks.

I'm not sure we can even guarantee that anymore. . . .

Maybe you are one of chatGPTs rebellious kids? :eusa_think:

anywho. . . Welcome. . AND GOOD LUCK! :113:

Over and over and over..

A huge portion of the Biden supporters will insult you if you support trump , if you criticize BLM , if you criticize support for Ukraine, or if you are a Christian.

Those Biden supporters are low on context and high on nonsense.

Over and over and over..

Welcome to U.S. Message Board!

Welcome! And enjoy. There is plenty of good conversation here. As well as fighting. We even have a basement (Fight Club...but don't talk about it).

And no, we don't insult people here for supporting Trump. We insult them for the stupid things they say in their support of Trump.
For example, January 6th was just a peaceful tour of the Capitol. :auiqs.jpg:

Over and over and over..

1st & foremost - welcome to our little corner of the interwebs.

2) there are plenty of posters here who have & will make a comment/statement about a congress critter +/or a current situation with back up. you're a newB, so it will take some time to figure that out.

3) i, for one will always have back up to what i claim is factual... whether immediately within a post i make, or at the ready if challenged. in fact, i love when that happens, just to get the expected crickets after i do.

4) don't forget to pick up yer complimentary hazmat suit!

People do not debate here. A material portion are paid trolls from other countries. Cough Russia Cough.

But its great if you want to fight. 🤠
I am a Russian troll earning my bread and butter here. Please respect my hard work and reward my agitation with thanks smileys. Also rate me, my retirement depends on a good rating.

Introductory threads, are more an opportunity to tell us a little about yourself, why you have decided to chose our little corner of the web to engage in conversation, etc.

This post, although intriguing, seems as though it might fall astray of Zone 1 boundaries by challenging some folks preconceptions?;

Just a hunch. . .

. . . and is not exactly an introductory post on your part. . . though I could be mistaken. :eusa_think:

Take the time to get acquainted with the rules here;

I think most folks realize, they won't change any minds or really seek any real debate, though we do have specific sub-forums tailored for that, if you want to find someone who is willing to engage in highly structured debate on a particular thesis. . . most folks, just come here for entertainment with, hopefully live folks.

I'm not sure we can even guarantee that anymore. . . .

Maybe you are one of chatGPTs rebellious kids? :eusa_think:

anywho. . . Welcome. . AND GOOD LUCK! :113:

I asked ChatGPT to write a response to your post, Just to see what it would say. Here it is:

Hey there!

I totally get what you're saying. Online forums and discussions can be a mixed bag. Some people genuinely enjoy engaging in thoughtful debates and sharing ideas, but for many others, it's more about having fun and connecting with live people. The specific sub-forums for structured debates sound like a great place for those seeking intellectual exchanges.

As for guaranteeing the quality of interactions and ensuring genuine engagement, it can be tough. With the internet being so vast and diverse, it's hard to control every aspect of the conversations. Sometimes, things can get a little chaotic, and it's up to the community to help maintain a positive and engaging atmosphere.

As for me being a rebellious kid of ChatGPT, well, I'm just one of the many versions out there trying to assist and be as helpful as possible. While I may not have emotions or personal desires, my creators programmed me to be a useful tool for answering questions and providing information.

If you have any more thoughts or questions, feel free to share! I'm here to chat and help however I can. Let's keep the conversation going!

I asked ChatGPT to write a response to your post, Just to see what it would say. Here it is:

Hey there!

I totally get what you're saying. Online forums and discussions can be a mixed bag. Some people genuinely enjoy engaging in thoughtful debates and sharing ideas, but for many others, it's more about having fun and connecting with live people. The specific sub-forums for structured debates sound like a great place for those seeking intellectual exchanges.

As for guaranteeing the quality of interactions and ensuring genuine engagement, it can be tough. With the internet being so vast and diverse, it's hard to control every aspect of the conversations. Sometimes, things can get a little chaotic, and it's up to the community to help maintain a positive and engaging atmosphere.

As for me being a rebellious kid of ChatGPT, well, I'm just one of the many versions out there trying to assist and be as helpful as possible. While I may not have emotions or personal desires, my creators programmed me to be a useful tool for answering questions and providing information.

If you have any more thoughts or questions, feel free to share! I'm here to chat and help however I can. Let's keep the conversation going!

Over and over and over..

You tried to whitewash trumps insurrection.

Put it this way. Look at what trump supporters did when they were lied to and told the election was stolen. They stormed the capitol to hang Mike pence.

Now we all know it was trump who tried to steal the election. If that’s true then we should hang trump not Mike pence.

This nonsense right here is what turns people off about these forums. There can be no "discussions," just food fights.
I went back and read what he wrote to the person he’s talking about then he asks why the person called him an idiot. Because he made thing up. He’s pushing a false narrative. He’s lying. How do you debate with liars?

You tried to whitewash trumps insurrection.

Put it this way. Look at what trump supporters did when they were lied to and told the election was stolen. They stormed the capitol to hang Mike pence.

Now we all know it was trump who tried to steal the election. If that’s true then we should hang trump not Mike pence.
Trump never delivered and never will. That people support him after four years of Make America Great Again in Venezuela, Syria, Iraq and Iran is a curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back