There is Only One Crime in a Free Society

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
The only crime that can be committed in a free society is the violation of another person's liberty, freedom, and pursuit of happiness.

• Banned
This thread should be classified as a crime

Actually, smartass....it just so happens that all crimes derive from that.

Is drug possession a crime?
Prostitution?

Yes but I argue that is a violation of your free will. We can tax it to discourage its use but liberals keep telling us that taxing anything doesn't discourage that behavior which is their justification for raising income taxes. I still can't see how that bit of liberal logic fits into the idea of passing sin taxes to discourage smoking and eating fast food?

The only crime that can be committed in a free society is the violation of another person's liberty, freedom, and pursuit of happiness.

Ignorant commentary like that is definitely a crime against my personal pursuit of happiness.

One may add ..."And an unfettered right to private property", or words to that effect. In fact private property rights are the sum total of all other rights.

Another person's liberty, freedom, and pursuit of happiness may be based on something like drug use or prostitution so why would they be criminal acts?

Prostitution?
In fact they do. I bet you cannot fathom how though.

The question was, in a nutshell, is drug possession and prostitution a crime?

You answered: In fact they do.:lol:

(I get why you did it, but the conversation just looks funny).

On a more serious note... I don't see how me smoking a joint in my living room on my personal time "in fact" infringes on your right to liberty and freedom and all that good stuff.

I can tell you how the legislating of what you feel is "moral behavior" is infringing upon my individual liberties and freedoms, in two simple words: F*CK OFF.

Prostitution?

On a more serious note... I don't see how me smoking a joint in my living room on my personal time "in fact" infringes on your right to liberty and freedom and all that good stuff.

I can tell you how the legislating of what you feel is "moral behavior" is infringing upon my individual liberties and freedoms, in two simple words: F*CK OFF.
I never said I was for legislating morality. Though I see an awful lot of it coming from the majority party over the past two years. But that is okay I suppose.

Prostitution?

Wow. I thought smoking pot was supposed to make you chill out a bit...

I never said I was for legislating morality. Though I see an awful lot of it coming from the majority party over the past two years. But that is okay I suppose.

examples?

Prostitution?

Yes but I argue that is a violation of your free will. We can tax it to discourage its use but liberals keep telling us that taxing anything doesn't discourage that behavior which is their justification for raising income taxes. I still can't see how that bit of liberal logic fits into the idea of passing sin taxes to discourage smoking and eating fast food?

Why are you making it a "liberal" issue, when many conservatives are against those things, probably more so than liberals.

examples?
Are you kidding?

The last attempt was just defeated by the Election of the Senator from Massachusetts.

Who said it was "okay" for ANYBODY to legislate morality? (Besides you). What specific legislation are you talking about?

Forum List

Back