The youth: Is 18 to young to buy a gun?

well now with your open borders, there's more need for that militia eh? LOL, can't have it both ways junior.

I know you want it both ways, but I'm gonna say nope
Only ignorant brainwashed chumps believe anyone is in favor of open borders except for trade...
Denial on your level may be proof of Brain Cancer/Tumor.
Illegal immigration is another wedge issue the GOP refuses to end with a SSID card that can't be faked, super dupe. Like the 2010 democratic immigration bill. They love cheap easily bullied labor and distract you fools with stupid useless walls and unconstitutional harassment laws...
illegals are illegally here and therefore illegal. they get no SSID. they can go home.
Fake ones cost about $100, stupid.
so now nothing costs $100. wow.

so they have a right to shoot it, but not to buy it? how do you justify that line? You know that kids raid mom and dad's liquor cabinet and steal money, a gun in the home is a gun in the home no matter who bought it. that's just silliness and sorely sad.

If they are under adult supervision, there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to use a gun. They shouldn't be able to go out and purchase one on their own though, especially considering that most of them are still completely reliant on their parents to take care of them in every way.

Yeah, we want to only be allowed to hunt with our mommy and daddy. You know how kids love only doing things with their parents. Great way to influence people to follow the law

Well, then they don't have to go and do it. Besides that, it is a good way to spend time with your older children and bond with them, and keep those family bonds strong. That is another part of the problem. A lot of parents are isolated from their children's lives.

As I said, my father was a deadbeat and my mother was always working to support us. So I'm just screwed? Sorry kaz, only the advantaged kids who have two reliable parents at home get this perk. Government is going to screw you ... again.

Yeah, thanks.

You have so far produced zero justification for this policy other than the utterly irrelevant fact that under 21 year olds commit murder in inner cities, so you want to punish responsible conservative kids who grew up outside the city so you feel better about yourself

And personal anecdotes don't mean shit in a debate. Stick to facts and statistics. While I am not calling you a liar, I have no way of knowing whether you are being truthful or not. Also, personal anecdotes don't tell the WHOLE story. We look at 18-year-olds and what MOST of them are doing. We make rules/laws that address age groups in a general manner and not every single specific individual, as that would be IMPOSSIBLE.

You usually give better answers than that. Nothing in my story needs to be verified. I told you what is wrong with your argument whether it applied to me or not. Why would I lie about that?

The only justification you gave was that under 18 year old kids kill people in cities. Those are already gun free zones. Seriously, you think that older gang members are going to card the kids under 18 because they don't want to get in trouble?

Obviously you're lashing out because you see the dearth of support you've provided for your argument.

So let's try this again.

You deny under 18 from having guns with their parents permission but without their constant presence.

Your argument is what good will happen exactly?

Kids seem to have regressed in the last twenty years. Perhaps no guns, voting or booze until 21. I might make an exception for a young person with a job and a home under 21.

The way I see it, you can't make kids more responsible than past generations since they've become more dependent and are staying in the home for extended periods until almost 30! How do we make them responsible for much of anything that's a victimless crime? :1041: :71: :agree:

Put them out on their ass so they have to work. Fixed!

I don't like this guy . . . He is not living in the REAL world where it is damn hard to make ends meet, and if you are an 18-year-old CHILD with a minimal education (if you have even GRADUATED high school yet!!) is not going to have a very good life.

Me? I was serving on my 18th, I was a father at 19, by 21 I had three kids with no food stamps or parents to loan me a hundred bucks now and then. I don’t know what fantasy tell that was, maybe he’ll or something. Oh, and I have had in my possession a fire arm in one form or another since I was 13. The world diddnt end

Kids seem to have regressed in the last twenty years. Perhaps no guns, voting or booze until 21. I might make an exception for a young person with a job and a home under 21.

The way I see it, you can't make kids more responsible than past generations since they've become more dependent and are staying in the home for extended periods until almost 30! How do we make them responsible for much of anything that's a victimless crime? :1041: :71: :agree:

Put them out on their ass so they have to work. Fixed!

^^^

This statement says SO MUCH about you. Not a responsible or caring parent. It's people like you who should never be parents. When you are a parent, you love and care for your child and would NEVER throw him out with nowhere to go. What in the hell problem is THAT solving?

Not a responsible cari g parent? Yet none of my children dropped out of school, one had to take psychotropic drugs, all had free acesess to guns, and none has ever shot up a school or for that matter even gotten a ticket. Stop projecting your ignorance and lazyness on others. You may not have the chops to paren affectively, but the vast majority of parents world wide do just fine without your worldly wisdom. It’s your type that breeds screwed up kids because you keep offering the tit.

It's like you are telling me that I have no right to defend myself because some loon shot up a school, and I have to rely on the government to come and rescue me if I am in a bad situation? How can you NOT see that as a TOTAL VIOLATION of a natural human right? All of you who want to remain defenseless, by all means, go ahead. You cannot force other people to join you.

As long as one is over 18?

18 years old is still a child today. All you have to do is observe a group of 18-year-old boys (and I emphasize BOYS) and it is clear.
have you looked at the millions of 18 year olds that have been drafted over the course of our country and how hundreds of thousands have died defending our country? You really think they looked different? what a shame.

Yeah, we can give them weapons and teach them to kill cleanly and efficantly, but no, no beer, no guns, but you can sit there and make policy with your vote. You can do that. We can also tax your wages to pay social security you will never get to collect, but no, no guns and no shooting sports for you until 21.

I thought I already explained my position to you? Do I have to explain it again? Really? Quit doping. It is making you into a dope.

You ain’t my Ma. Go blow a classy goat.

American youth is being placed in minimum security prisons , aka, government schools.

The Criminally insane have found out that they can easily slaughter many of those students because they are DEFENSELESS. You see, the SCUMBAGS in SCOTUS have allowed the Congresscritters to declare government schools to be GUN FREE ZONES .

How then can you say that a 17 year old does not have a right to life and to defend the same?!?!?!?!?!?

The criminal can wipe out numerous students within 4 minutes - the police may or may not show up in time and may choose NOT to confront the shooter.

Forum List

Back