The youth: Is 18 to young to buy a gun?

jc456

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2013
I heard a really good one today on the Morning Answer 560 WIND in Chicago from a text they received from a listener. Why should we genuflect to the young?

I quote, "If you don't want someone 18 years old to have guns or drive, why would you want a 16 or 17 year old to set public policy?

1:13:05 on the podcast for 3/12/2018.

This dude nailed it!!!!

Well, everyone here must know by now that I am an unabashed 2nd amendment supporter. However, I do not have any issues with this law. I think the age of everything should be raised to 21 at least though. It's pretty easy to see how immature and thoughtless a lot of teens can be on a regular basis.

Well, everyone here must know by now that I am an unabashed 2nd amendment supporter. However, I do not have any issues with this law. I think the age of everything should be raised to 21 at least though. It's pretty easy to see how immature and thoughtless a lot of teens can be on a regular basis.
so you think an immature person should set policy?

You don't think he is old enough to buy a beer... Get real...

I heard a really good one today on the Morning Answer 560 WIND in Chicago from a text they received from a listener. Why should we genuflect to the young?

I quote, "If you don't want someone 18 years old to have guns or drive, why would you want a 16 or 17 year old to set public policy?

This dude nailed it!!!!

Where is a '16 or 17 year old to set public policy'?

This dude nailed it!!!!

on every MSM network.

Absolutely not. Is that what I said? I said the age of EVERYTHING should be over 21, IMO.

This dude nailed it!!!!

on every MSM network.

Let me break the news to you. Politicians set policy....
The 16 or 17 year olds are questioning that policy, which if I remeber properly they are fully entitled to do...

Why do you want to silence young people entering public discussion... How many kids have been killed by public discussion...

I feel for the kids, but honestly they don't really know what they are talking about. They don't understand. They are naive and trusting kids, who trust their government to keep them safe.

18 is too young to be owning/operating firearms without supervision. Die hard 2nd amendment supporting conservatives wish they were as conservative as me and I think 18 is too young. Yes 18 year olds can join the military and shoot a machine gun, under HEAVY supervision from their superiors.

I feel for the kids, but honestly they don't really know what they are talking about. They don't understand. They are naive and trusting kids, who trust their government to keep them safe.

I think they asked simple questions...

Why doesn't this happen in other countries at such frequency?
Why does the government continually let this happen without any reaction?
Is the inaction of some representatives in fear of the NRA?

They are not setting policy just asking tough questions.

I think they asked simple questions...

Why doesn't this happen in other countries at such frequency?
Why does the government continually let this happen without any reaction?
Is the inaction of some representatives in fear of the NRA?

They are not setting policy just asking tough questions.

The government doesn't "let" this happen. That you think in this way is just a small part of the big picture here.

Absolutely not. Is that what I said? I said the age of EVERYTHING should be over 21, IMO.
so it should be 21 for the military as well?

so it should be 21 for the military as well?

Are you having a difficult time understanding what EVERYTHING means? :D

This dude nailed it!!!!

on every MSM network.

Let me break the news to you. Politicians set policy....
The 16 or 17 year olds are questioning that policy, which if I remeber properly they are fully entitled to do...

Why do you want to silence young people entering public discussion... How many kids have been killed by public discussion...
because many of them have no logical set up in life. their experiences in such things are throttled by adults. Therefore, i have no desire to listen to anything they have to say unless it is in my family circle, not national. They have no idea every probability that may exist for 300+ Americans. Why send them to school at all if they are that knowledgeable?

Forum List

Back