The young people going hungry in the UK this winter

not mine , perfect health at 6'3" at 222 pounds and 65 years old . Course everyone dies sometime and I see no reason to be a shriveled old man .

right on venison ChrisL !! Give me a Beef rib roast , a shaker of salt and a loaf of fresh backed bread . Or cut the rib into steaks , built a hardwood fire and cook over the open fire .

Last edited:
there you go Vikrant !! To me its just a way to vary my diet and eat some fish or a light lunch but I'd rather be eating some good kielbasa , old fashioned hot dogs or hot Eyetalian sausage .

Does not sound very appealing. Fish is the pretty much only meat I eat. I used to eat chicken and turkey but I have given up on them.

I love chicken. It's my favorite! :) Chickens are delicious animals!

Vous êtes belle, mais une cruelle ange :)

there you go Vikrant !! To me its just a way to vary my diet and eat some fish or a light lunch but I'd rather be eating some good kielbasa , old fashioned hot dogs or hot Eyetalian sausage .

Does not sound very appealing. Fish is the pretty much only meat I eat. I used to eat chicken and turkey but I have given up on them.

:biggrin: My grandmother was born and raised on a farm in Maine, and she used to kill the chickens when she was just a little girl.

:biggrin: My grandmother was born and raised on a farm in Maine, and she used to kill the chickens when she was just a little girl.

Arrêtez, sinon vous allez me donner un cauchemar.

Oh come on! It's chickens! They are kind of gross actually. :lol:

I am against brutality against animals. That is why I do not eat any meat which involves brutal killing. I stick to small fish because they are caught in a net and they pass out painlessly once they are taken out of water.

(I know I am crazy progressive.)

Last edited:
I am against brutality against animals. That is why I do not eat any meat which involves brutal killing. I stick to small fish because they are caught in a net and they pass out once they are taken out of water painlessly.

(I know I am crazy progressive.)

I could never be a vegetarian. I just don't enjoy vegetables enough, and if you ever ate one of my cheeseburgers, you would NEED them all the time. :D They are the best cheeseburgers in the WORLD! :tongue:

Un bel ange comme vous ne doit pas manger des poulets laides :)

Un bel ange comme vous ne doit pas manger des poulets laides :)

:lol: But I'm a carnivore, rawrrr! Lol! :wink_2:

you got'er made Phoneall !! The kippered herring is sold by the flat can , about 6 ounces , its good and comes with mustard , hot sauce and other flavorslike smoked . Its good enough for a lunch snack or supper , breakfast if its all you have . 6 ounce can is about a dollar and a quarter . Nice thing about them is that I buy them when I see them cheap and they'll sit in a cupboard for years and still be good .

Here you go proper kippers as smoked by Fortunes in Whitby, straight from the sea, cleaned, brined and smoked using oak.

th

See the colour of the oak smoke transferred to the fish, just microwave for 2 minutes and you are ready to go.

Now that I remember, I've tried canned kippered fish. Is it better when not canned?

Never tried canned as in the UK we can get them very easily, and the smokehouse needs to be a good one to get the right flavour. Some use a mixture of oak and fruit woods like pear or apple to get a subtle flavour. I think canning would take away the delicate flavours and leave just the heavy

yep , chicken is good , tastes just like rabbit !!

Nooo, you can't eat rabbits. They are too cute. :D

They are vermin and can decimate a crop overnight, takes control to control them and they may as well be used as food. Nice flavour when browned then mixed with root veg and water and placed in a pudding bowl with a suet pastry topping

They are vermin and can decimate a crop overnight, takes control to control them and they may as well be used as food. Nice flavour when browned then mixed with root veg and water and placed in a pudding bowl with a suet pastry topping

I have a pet rabbit now, and I've had one before. I have no plans on eating him. I used to live in an area where we had tons of rabbits, and I can attest to the fact that squirrels are MUCH more of a nuisance.

I have a pet rabbit now, and I've had one before. I have no plans on eating him. I used to live in an area where we had tons of rabbits, and I can attest to the fact that squirrels are MUCH more of a nuisance.

Squirrel is nice as well, can be roasted or braised just like rabbit

yeah Wabbit , kill the WABBIT !! --- --- and squirrel , we'd go squirrel huntin , try to shoot'em in the head with a .22 rifle . Sit with your back against a tree and just watch and shoot when you see a likely target .

You people are border line savages.

You people are border line savages.

Let me tell you something, if you were truly hungry, you would eat ANY animal. Your body would crave the protein. You are just spoiled.

There was a time when we didn't have vitamin supplements and the ability to ship foods from other parts of the country during off seasons, so we would eat what was available and plentiful out of necessity. I don't have an issue with eating animals. I wish they would kill them more humanely at the factories, etc.

Let's take a look at deer. There are many places that have an overpopulation of deer because they don't have many natural enemies that exist here in North America anymore. People hit them with their cars, they get diseased and contaminate the herd with unhealthiness, and they oftentimes starve to death. It is not cruel to hunt for deer, not only to feed your family but to help keep the population under control. My cousin is a bow hunter and recently killed a deer, and now I have a fridge full of venison meat. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back