The worst case scenario for Progressive activists.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Who will win the Culture War: Progressives or Conservatives? Each side believes that victory will be their, but in reality, no mortal knows!

What would be the fate of Progressive activists if Conservatives win the Culture War? Of course, I, personally, will write many nanoessays advocating cancellation of Progressives. Not only will I write these nanoessays, but also I will publish them on the newly liberated Social Media platforms. Hopefully, I will amass at least a hundred followers. Nevertheless, the vast majority of Conservatives are not vindictive! Very few Conservatives will listen to my lonely voice -- particularly given that I am not a Conservative myself. Progressive activists will retain their careers and devote their talents to other causes.

What would be the fate of Progressive activists if Progressives win the Culture War?
Very few people have asked this question. No mortal knows The Future. Nevertheless, a very surprising answer may be learned from Historical Parallels.

The French Revolution started with taking of Bastille on 14 July 1789. In September 1792, the monarchy was overthrown and French First Republic was proclaimed. Former king Louis XVI was executed on 17 January 1793. Initially, the French Revolution was lead by moderates called Girondins. Their opposition consisted of Jacobins -- hard line Revolutionaries. Jacobins were French Revolution equivalent of modern Progressives.

In 1793, Jacobins lead by Jean-Paul Marat and Maximillian Robespierre defeated the Girondins. At first, most prominent Jacobins were celebrating their victory in the first round of Culture War. During the Reign of Terror which took place in 1793-1794, most prominent Jacobins were guillotined. Maximillian Robespierre was overthrown and guillotined himself on 28 July 1794.

Russian Revolution started in February 1917. On March 2, 1917, Tsar Nicholas II was overthrown. On October 25, 1917, Bolsheviks lead by Vladimir Lenin and Lev Trotsky took power. Between 1918 and 1920, almost of all property belonging to nobility was confiscated. Most property was nationalized. Land and apartment area within cities was given to common people. Between 1918 and 1922, Soviet Russia defeated the counter-revolutionary forces. Vladimir Lenin and Lev Trotsky worked to build a Free Society based on Equality and Positive Rights.

Starting about 1922, there was a strong conflict between pro-Freedom forces lead by Leon Trotsky and hard line Revolutionaries lead by Joseph Stalin. Stalinists were the Russian Revolution equivalent of modern Progressives. Vladimir Lenin died in 1924. By the late 1920s, Joseph Stalin emerged as a clear winner. Leon Trotsky was exiled. Free Society which existed in Soviet Russia in 1920s was lost to Totalitarianism. Prominent Stalinists who have helped Joseph Stalin win that round of Culture War were celebrating victory. In 1937-38, most of prominent Stalinists were either executed or sent to Kolyma prison complex.

Joseph Stalin remained in power for the rest of his natural life until 1953. An important note is that Joseph Stalin had not only great sins, but also great virtues and achievements. He played the most prominent role of any mortal human in saving Humankind from Nazism. He turned USSR into a military and industrial superpower.

Communists suffered (almost) no persecution in Russia after Communism was overthrown in 1991. In 1990s, hard core Communists suffered disappointment at losing that round of Culture War. Nevertheless, they fared much better then hard core Communists from 1930s who won the Culture War and were imprisoned by those they themselves placed in power.

Since 1960s, Liberalism has defeated Old Conservative values such as overt Racism and rigid Gender Roles. In 2022 very few people oppose interracial marriage or support Conscription. I support Old Liberalism 100%, which is one of the reasons most Conservatives dislike me and will never listen to me.

Unfortunately, Progressives, which are the modern equivalent of old Jacobins and Stalinists are imposing their Tyranny on Society. Modern Progressives are working hard to impose Cancel Culture which is much more restrictive then old McCarthyism ever was. Modern Progressives are working hard to impose a new set of extremely rigid gender roles.

If Progressives win the Culture War, most people under their rule will suffer. Most modern Progressive activists will likely be cancelled by the new generation of Progressives. They will become unemployable and will remain in poverty and in contempt of Society.

Very few Conservatives are willing to speculate on what will happen to them if they lose the Culture War.

Very few Progressives are willing to speculate on what will happen to them if they win the Culture War.

All would get cancelled.

Who will win the Culture War: Progressives or Conservatives? Each side believes that victory will be their, but in reality, no mortal knows!

What would be the fate of Progressive activists if Conservatives win the Culture War? Of course, I, personally, will write many nanoessays advocating cancellation of Progressives. Not only will I write these nanoessays, but also I will publish them on the newly liberated Social Media platforms. Hopefully, I will amass at least a hundred followers. Nevertheless, the vast majority of Conservatives are not vindictive! Very few Conservatives will listen to my lonely voice -- particularly given that I am not a Conservative myself. Progressive activists will retain their careers and devote their talents to other causes.

What would be the fate of Progressive activists if Progressives win the Culture War?
Very few people have asked this question. No mortal knows The Future. Nevertheless, a very surprising answer may be learned from Historical Parallels.

The French Revolution started with taking of Bastille on 14 July 1789. In September 1792, the monarchy was overthrown and French First Republic was proclaimed. Former king Louis XVI was executed on 17 January 1793. Initially, the French Revolution was lead by moderates called Girondins. Their opposition consisted of Jacobins -- hard line Revolutionaries. Jacobins were French Revolution equivalent of modern Progressives.

In 1793, Jacobins lead by Jean-Paul Marat and Maximillian Robespierre defeated the Girondins. At first, most prominent Jacobins were celebrating their victory in the first round of Culture War. During the Reign of Terror which took place in 1793-1794, most prominent Jacobins were guillotined. Maximillian Robespierre was overthrown and guillotined himself on 28 July 1794.

Russian Revolution started in February 1917. On March 2, 1917, Tsar Nicholas II was overthrown. On October 25, 1917, Bolsheviks lead by Vladimir Lenin and Lev Trotsky took power. Between 1918 and 1920, almost of all property belonging to nobility was confiscated. Most property was nationalized. Land and apartment area within cities was given to common people. Between 1918 and 1922, Soviet Russia defeated the counter-revolutionary forces. Vladimir Lenin and Lev Trotsky worked to build a Free Society based on Equality and Positive Rights.

Starting about 1922, there was a strong conflict between pro-Freedom forces lead by Leon Trotsky and hard line Revolutionaries lead by Joseph Stalin. Stalinists were the Russian Revolution equivalent of modern Progressives. Vladimir Lenin died in 1924. By the late 1920s, Joseph Stalin emerged as a clear winner. Leon Trotsky was exiled. Free Society which existed in Soviet Russia in 1920s was lost to Totalitarianism. Prominent Stalinists who have helped Joseph Stalin win that round of Culture War were celebrating victory. In 1937-38, most of prominent Stalinists were either executed or sent to Kolyma prison complex.

Joseph Stalin remained in power for the rest of his natural life until 1953. An important note is that Joseph Stalin had not only great sins, but also great virtues and achievements. He played the most prominent role of any mortal human in saving Humankind from Nazism. He turned USSR into a military and industrial superpower.

Communists suffered (almost) no persecution in Russia after Communism was overthrown in 1991. In 1990s, hard core Communists suffered disappointment at losing that round of Culture War. Nevertheless, they fared much better then hard core Communists from 1930s who won the Culture War and were imprisoned by those they themselves placed in power.

Since 1960s, Liberalism has defeated Old Conservative values such as overt Racism and rigid Gender Roles. In 2022 very few people oppose interracial marriage or support Conscription. I support Old Liberalism 100%, which is one of the reasons most Conservatives dislike me and will never listen to me.

Unfortunately, Progressives, which are the modern equivalent of old Jacobins and Stalinists are imposing their Tyranny on Society. Modern Progressives are working hard to impose Cancel Culture which is much more restrictive then old McCarthyism ever was. Modern Progressives are working hard to impose a new set of extremely rigid gender roles.

If Progressives win the Culture War, most people under their rule will suffer. Most modern Progressive activists will likely be cancelled by the new generation of Progressives. They will become unemployable and will remain in poverty and in contempt of Society.
I'm sure you are right that if the progressives won the culture war, they would soon learn the wisdom of the saying, "be careful what you wish for."

I'm not sure about retaining their careers and devoting their talents to other causes. What talents could you mean? The key talent it takes to be a progressive activist is to be willing to scream and cry in public and to lie without shame.

For most of them being a progressive activist is their "career," whether they are wealthy community organizers and traveling speakers, or just sitting in their parents basement "fact checking" me for below minimum wage.

"Cancelling" is just freedom of association. No one has a right to someone else's company or business.

Isn't cancelling someone an admission that they are too good to compete with? That would make the canceller the loser.
Not really. Totalitarian Systems have done well in cancelling their opponents. Joseph Stalin and Chairman Mao had long reigns unopposed.

Not really. Totalitarian Systems have done well in cancelling their opponents. Joseph Stalin and Chairman Mao had long reigns unopposed.
Cancelling is done by private citizens. You are redefining the term to try make some bizarre equivalency to Stalin.

If your argument had merit, you wouldn't need the redefinition.

I'm sure you are right that if the progressives won the culture war, they would soon learn the wisdom of the saying, "be careful what you wish for."
Prominent Jacobins (Progressives) who defeated Girondins (Moderates) during the French Revolution were executed during the Reign of Terror.

Prominent Stalinists (Progressives) who defeated Trotskyists (Moderates) after the Russian Revolution were either executed or sent to Kolyma penal complex in 1937.

Mass murder and no longer trending on twitter are hardly the same thing.

Again, you're redefining being cancelled because your argument doesn't work.
Many of cancelled people lose their careers. Businesses are pressured not to hire them.

Many of cancelled people lose their careers. Businesses are pressured not to hire them.

And they can get other careers.

Compared with mass executions and mass arrests. Which you bizarrely equate with cancelling.

If we removed false equivlancy from your OP, it would be barely a paragraph.

And they can get other careers.

Compared with mass executions and mass arrests. Which you bizarrely equate with cancelling.

If we removed false equivlancy from your OP, it would be barely a paragraph.
Changing careers is very difficult. Businesses want to hire them, but they are pressured not to.

Changing careers is very difficult. Businesses want to hire them, but they are pressured not to.

It can be. Or you can hire them.

See, private citizens can choose who they want to hire, who they want to business with.

If you believe in someone who has been canceled, you can choose to do business with them.

Boycotts are as American as apple pie.

Many businesses would like to hire those who are cancelled, but they are afraid to hire them.

Then have a backbone and hire them yourself.

Cancelled is private citizens choosing who they will associate with and do business with.

Which you've bizarrely equated with mass murder and mass incarceration. If your argument had merit, you wouldn't have had to redefine it.

Then have a backbone and hire them yourself.
Almost all businesses and companies that have financial ability to hire cancelled people do not hire them due to intimidation by Progressives. These companies would have been happy to hire those cancelled, but they are pressured not to do so.

Almost all businesses and companies that have financial ability to hire cancelled people do not hire them due to intimidation by Progressives. These companies would have been happy to hire those cancelled, but they are pressured not to do so.

Then gain support from conservatives. Hire them yourself.

Show a little backbone.

Forum List

Back