The worship of Satan: Has it led to genocide?

As an atheist, I find it interesting that most religions need a whipping boy of sorts to promote their ideas. The major three (christianity, islam and judaism) have the concept of "Satan" to attach the faults of mankind too. However, there are religions that actually worship that deity as well. Just wondering, if there have ever been any major Genocides attributed to this practice?

There have been many serial killers that claimed they heard voices from unseen forces.

Hitler what he and many leaders have done is just pure evil. Where does this unthinkable evil come from ?

Most people whether they are a believer in a higher power or not have a conscience, something a real scientist has no explanation for. If an unseen mechanism guides good intetions what drives evil intentions ?
there is no evidence of an unseen evil...also real scientists have a fair idea of what the concepts of good and evil are.
no real scientist would site the supernatural as a cause.

Yes there is evidence of "unseen" evil. You just aren't interested in thinking about it. There are "possessions, where the person changes personality, can speak in languages never exposed to in their life, and do things that are physically challenging. Almost every culture speaks of beings that can walk in this world and then disappear at will, usually scaring children or animals on the way.
Some crimminal actions are beyond the average human's comprehension (Colorado). We cannot begin to understand their actions, let alone the thoughts it would take to get there.

It does not matter if you believe, because you will kneel before the Lord. At that point, it will be up to you if you curse Him and denounce Him or if you accept that He is the Alpha and the Omega that rules in glory. There are beliefs that if you choose to denounce Him, no one that goes with the Lord will remember you. You will be totally forgotten.

As I don't believe in god or satan..then genocides get attributed to causes, factions, political beliefs, ethnicities, religions or nations in my world.

Christianity, thus far, holds the record for genocides in this regard. The other big two are distantly behind that religion.

But it's interesting that "Satanic" worship gets the blame for the world's "evils".

Especially given the propensity to "purify" souls via "releasing" them. No?

Early so called Chritians did evil on their own not because of the belief in God. Let me quote Jesus.

This is a parable explained.

Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!
Mat 7:24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on a rock.
Mat 7:25 And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house. And it did not fall, for it was founded on a rock.
Mat 7:26 And everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them shall be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
Mat 7:27 And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the wind blew and beat on that house. And it fell, and great was its fall.
Mat 7:28 And it happened, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His doctrine.
Mat 7:29 For He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
LOL!
most of the evil done by people in the world has the belief in god attached to it.
no bible babble can change that!

IMHO, that is bearing false witness. Communism that believes in no diety has been responsible for millions and millions of deaths (possibly more than all the deaths since Christ walked the earth). I guess you don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Yes, satanists do kill people, that's why they are called satanists.
so do christians. your point?

Christians are not usually known for going out of their way to "hurt" or "murder" (notice I did not say there were no Christians that ever did bad stuff). Satanists are "known" for doing damage to animals, people and property for their own kicks.
really o ignorant one, what about the Inquisition, Jim Jones, etc.
there has never been any proven cases that satanist doing more bad stuff then their Christian counterparts.

As an atheist, I find it interesting that most religions need a whipping boy of sorts to promote their ideas. The major three (christianity, islam and judaism) have the concept of "Satan" to attach the faults of mankind too. However, there are religions that actually worship that deity as well. Just wondering, if there have ever been any major Genocides attributed to this practice?

There have been many serial killers that claimed they heard voices from unseen forces.

Hitler what he and many leaders have done is just pure evil. Where does this unthinkable evil come from ?

Most people whether they are a believer in a higher power or not have a conscience, something a real scientist has no explanation for. If an unseen mechanism guides good intetions what drives evil intentions ?
there is no evidence of an unseen evil...also real scientists have a fair idea of what the concepts of good and evil are.

Really Daws , explain the conscience ?

Yes there is evidence of "unseen" evil. You just aren't interested in thinking about it. There are "possessions, where the person changes personality, can speak in languages never exposed to in their life, and do things that are physically challenging. Almost every culture speaks of beings that can walk in this world and then disappear at will, usually scaring children or animals on the way.
Some crimminal actions are beyond the average human's comprehension (Colorado). We cannot begin to understand their actions, let alone the thoughts it would take to get there.

It does not matter if you believe, because you will kneel before the Lord. At that point, it will be up to you if you curse Him and denounce Him or if you accept that He is the Alpha and the Omega that rules in glory. There are beliefs that if you choose to denounce Him, no one that goes with the Lord will remember you. You will be totally forgotten.
none of what you posted is even close to evidence...it's dogma and you have no proof that any of your blathering about what god will or will not do will happen.
what happen in Colorado is more common then you think.

Christians are not usually known for going out of their way to "hurt" or "murder" (notice I did not say there were no Christians that ever did bad stuff). Satanists are "known" for doing damage to animals, people and property for their own kicks.
there has never been any proven cases that satanist doing more bad stuff then their Christian counterparts.

The key here is, a True Christian.

Mat 15:8 These people give me honour with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

It would not be Christian of me to judge all atheists by the actions of a few.

Last edited:

Really Daws , explain the conscience ?
you first it's funnier when you do.
conscienceness is an electro chemical reaction to stimulus.

The key here is, a True Christian.
the key here is in real life there are no true Christians.

More people have been murdered in Chicago this year than in an average year of the Inquisition. Who says Jim Jones wasn't a "Satanist"? Yes, people like you would never allow "Satanist" to be used in legal documents, therefore there would be no "proof" they were Satanists. BTW, if a person is declaring they are the "Messiah", and then they start killing people, they are not the "Messiah" (that means they are working for that other guy). When the Lord comes again, He will be able to lay a soul bare with His words. He will speak the Truth, and it will cause the sinners (all of us), pain. He will not need to hide behind koolaid, or fake wars, His arrival will be trumpeted by angels as well as the earth itself. But you go on, and pretend you know best. You will be schooled (not by me).

none of what you posted is even close to evidence...it's dogma and you have no proof that any of your blathering about what god will or will not do will happen.

How is possession where a person is speaking in foreign languages they have not been exposed to dogma?

Yes, satanists do kill people, that's why they are called satanists.

No...Christians are know to go far out of their way to hurt other people. Way far. From Europe they did their "mighty" crusades in the middle east. And if that weren't enough, they traveled to asia and the americas to "convert the heathens".

No...Christians are know to go far out of their way to hurt other people. Way far. From Europe they did their "mighty" crusades in the middle east. And if that weren't enough, they traveled to asia and the americas to "convert the heathens".

The muslim hordes were "invading" Christian lands. The Crusaders were a defensive measure (without their actions, you to could be grabbing your ankles and bowing to the east).

IMHO, the conversions were a response to the muslims repeated attacks and invasions; they figured if they did it first, they would have to fight less people in the future.

Now, be honest, would you rather live in a predominately Christian nation or a predominately muslim nation?

Erm, you do know that Judaism does not include any belief in a 'Satan' as an embodiment of intelligent evil, as some supernatural entity in opposition to GOD - don't you?

The term 'ha-satan' is 'the adversary', and this refers to the 'job description' of an angel who is performing the duties assigned by the Almighty - duties which in RL would be performed by the DA's office.

People who are familiar with Christianity often make the error of assuiming that Judaism is 'Christianity minus Jesus'. However, Judaism is very UNlike Christianity. Starting with Genesis, there is no 'Fall', no 'Devil' (the talking snake is a talking snake!), no 'Hell'....... and ultimately no need to 'retire' the Sinai Covenant or 'replace' it with any other.

Here is one of THE best sites for reliable and accurate information on ANY religion: Religious Tolerance home page

I realize that's somewhat 'off topic', but the OP was inaccurate in its assumption with regard to Jewish belief and practice.

If someone else has already brought up this point, I apologize - but I wasn't patient enough to read all 11 pages right now!

More people have been murdered in Chicago this year than in an average year of the Inquisition. Who says Jim Jones wasn't a "Satanist"? Yes, people like you would never allow "Satanist" to be used in legal documents, therefore there would be no "proof" they were Satanists. BTW, if a person is declaring they are the "Messiah", and then they start killing people, they are not the "Messiah" (that means they are working for that other guy). When the Lord comes again, He will be able to lay a soul bare with His words. He will speak the Truth, and it will cause the sinners (all of us), pain. He will not need to hide behind koolaid, or fake wars, His arrival will be trumpeted by angels as well as the earth itself. But you go on, and pretend you know best. You will be schooled (not by me).
more dogma with no proof.
can you produce any non biblical corroborating evidence to validate the claims you're making?
BTW since you have no quantifiable evidence that god exists, then the only logical conclusion is Satan does not exist...
also the word satanist is used in legal documents ,
are you this ignorant all the time or just on weekdays?

How is possession where a person is speaking in foreign languages they have not been exposed to dogma?
it's a good thing I read gibberish ,did you mean how is a person allegedly possessed and how they magically appear to speak a different language?

Are they though?

Or is that a myth created by Witch Hunter Janet Reno and other scumbags like her?

How many VERIFIED instances of satanic murders or animal mutilations are there?

Satanic ritual abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You blame Jim Jones on Satanism, or Christianity?

Either way, you're a fucking retard.

There is very little evidence of either doing anything in the name of their religions, in the last couple of centuries.

Muslims, well that's a different story...

The muslim hordes were "invading" Christian lands. The Crusaders were a defensive measure (without their actions, you to could be grabbing your ankles and bowing to the east).

IMHO, the conversions were a response to the muslims repeated attacks and invasions; they figured if they did it first, they would have to fight less people in the future.

Now, be honest, would you rather live in a predominately Christian nation or a predominately muslim nation?

Oh yeah..

Constantinople was deep in the heart of Europe.

Oh wait.

:lol:

off the top of my head
I would attribute a lot of the torture beheadings and gang ritual killings
along the Mexican border to satanic influences and cult connections.

in general
since Satan represents worship of "self"
that when manipulated by "fear or ignorance" perpetuates division and separation
in competition with others

that is the driving force
behind all crime violence abuse and war
if you want to count all destructive behavior by humans
as self-imposed genocide

Last edited:

You blame Jim Jones on Satanism, or Christianity?

Either way, you're a fucking retard.

There is very little evidence of either doing anything in the name of their religions, in the last couple of centuries.

Muslims, well that's a different story...
well I can see you still don't know how to read or follow a concept.

Forum List

Back