The World Cup discussion thread

Germany is really, really fortunate.

Though it's always foolhardy to say so, it's hard to imagine Germany winning it again playing like they have thus far.

Mexico could have easily beaten them 5-0 given all the chances they had. And if Sweden had a quality finisher, Germany would be out of the World Cup.

If they don't tighten up at the back, when they come up against a quality side, they risk getting ripped apart. A Spain, Brazil, France, Belgium or even Portugal or England could wind up doing to Germany what Germany did to Brazil four years ago.

England wouldn't beat Germany, not even now. Unless they show a bit more quality.
I am not sure about that. Whatever the reason the Germans have lost their way. It looks like all of the big teams at this tournament have an attitude problem. They seem to think that they just have to turn up. England struggled to beat Tunisia but you couldnt fault them for effort. Belgium are probably the exceptions to this.

Still, nobody ever won it in the first week so at some point the great players will show up.

Heck! Last minute goal and in the overtime. Didn´t take 5 minutes to have the honking idiots in front of my flat. They did not even have time to celebrate.
I had £30 on a German win and I was in tears when they scored. I had witten them off.

Deutchland Uber Alles as we say in Wales.

Though it's always foolhardy to say so, it's hard to imagine Germany winning it again playing like they have thus far.

Mexico could have easily beaten them 5-0 given all the chances they had. And if Sweden had a quality finisher, Germany would be out of the World Cup.

If they don't tighten up at the back, when they come up against a quality side, they risk getting ripped apart. A Spain, Brazil, France, Belgium or even Portugal or England could wind up doing to Germany what Germany did to Brazil four years ago.

England wouldn't beat Germany, not even now. Unless they show a bit more quality.
I am not sure about that. Whatever the reason the Germans have lost their way. It looks like all of the big teams at this tournament have an attitude problem. They seem to think that they just have to turn up. England struggled to beat Tunisia but you couldnt fault them for effort. Belgium are probably the exceptions to this.

Still, nobody ever won it in the first week so at some point the great players will show up.

Some of the bigger players have gone, those stepping up aren't able to fill those boots. It happens a lot. Spain will probably end up a bit like that, though they're still strong enough to win it too.

Sometimes teams struggle at the beginning and then are on fire by the quarter finals if they get lucky. Portugal didn't win a group stage match in the Euros.

Heck! Last minute goal and in the overtime. Didn´t take 5 minutes to have the honking idiots in front of my flat. They did not even have time to celebrate.
I had £30 on a German win and I was in tears when they scored. I had witten them off.

Deutchland Uber Alles as we say in Wales.
Well, a draw would not automatically have meant that the Germans are out. But your 30 bucks of course...

6-1 England, England’s biggest ever World Cup victory.

And they didn't play that well, and they needed to win by 6 goals to go top of the group for sure, so when they play Belgium they can just get a draw.

First penalty shouldn't have been a penalty, but they should have had one before that.

Panama were terrible.

And they didn't play that well, and they needed to win by 6 goals to go top of the group for sure, so when they play Belgium they can just get a draw.

First penalty shouldn't have been a penalty, but they should have had one before that.

Panama were terrible.
I was out and I missed it thank God. Avoiding work tomorrow.

Colombia v Poland

Commentator just said that there are 65000 fans here from Colombia. That is an astonishing amount of people.

But this is the real shocker.

Only Brazilians and Americans are here in greater numbers.

You absolutely love footie !!

Panama were terrible.
I was out and I missed it thank God. Avoiding work tomorrow.

Haha, not a fun day to be Welsh huh? Well, I work with a Pole, unfortunately he doesn't work until Tuesday.

England is doing very well, and has the top scorer thus far (Harry Kane, 5 goals). I am hoping Denmark can at least tie France tomorrow to guarantee their advance to knock-outs.
Germany finally came out with fire in the 2nd half of that game vs Sweden. It shows they still have the potential, when needed.

England is doing very well, and has the top scorer thus far (Harry Kane, 5 goals). I am hoping Denmark can at least tie France tomorrow to guarantee their advance to knock-outs.
Germany finally came out with fire in the 2nd half of that game vs Sweden. It shows they still have the potential, when needed.

Did you see the match?

Two penalties because Panama thought it was WWF (not the Pandas either) and another one accidentally hit the back of his boot.

He did well against Tunisia, but he's had something like two proper shots on goal and scored five goals.

It's an interesting World Cup. Brazil, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany could all do well, or lose. Columbia look like they might be strong. They got unlucky in the first match.

Russia will be pumped up, but I fear against Spain or Portugal they'll lose.

Did you see the match?

Two penalties because Panama thought it was WWF (not the Pandas either) and another one accidentally hit the back of his boot.

He did well against Tunisia, but he's had something like two proper shots on goal and scored five goals.

It's an interesting World Cup. Brazil, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany could all do well, or lose. Columbia look like they might be strong. They got unlucky in the first match.

Russia down to 10 men and 2-0 down..... well they had fun for a few days.

Did you see the match?

Its a sobering moment for them. They need to keep it tight now and not get destroyed. Uruguay look a decent team but I wouldnt read too much into it, the Russians are over hyped.

The Danes dont seem to travel in big numbers these days. Is there a lack of faith in the current side ?

Did you see the match?

Its a sobering moment for them. They need to keep it tight now and not get destroyed. Uruguay look a decent team but I wouldnt read too much into it, the Russians are over hyped.
Russia finally playing a relatively good team, and that is good for them & their fans. They may have thought they/Russia had a chance in the knockouts. Uruguay deserves top honors in their group. If Russia wins their first knockout match, they’ll be lucky.

The Danes dont seem to travel in big numbers these days. Is there a lack of faith in the current side ?
Not many Danes are rich or wish to spend much of their savings on long Russia vacation. Although they love their team like other fans, they prefer to travel elsewhere where society is more progressive.

Not many Danes are rich or wish to spend much of their savings on long Russia vacation. Although they love their team like other fans, they prefer to travel elsewhere where society is more progressive.
A lot of people have made that decision.I wont be going to Qatar either.

Forum List

Back