The War On Marriage

Acceptance of non-traditional families doesn't equal sneering at traditional families.

I'm sorry if you're upset that America is leaning left when it comes to homosexuality, but its not anything you have the ability to change. If you don't like it, I'd suggest you turn the TV off. :)

I'd rather change the channel or watch a movie.

However that isn't going to stop somebody on the left using my preferences to demonize me in order to win elections.

I don't care one way or another if somebody wants to hammer someone from behind. It doesn't effect me. But when a straight couple comes under attack for being straight it's time to change the attitude on the left, not the right. These days being for......I don't even know the PC label is for one man, one woman, is,.......you are assumed to be a homophobe.

I somehow doubt you can point to a single time you have seen somebody come under attack for being straight. Acceptance of gay couples doesn't equate to hatred for straight couples. What has somebody said to you that you consider an attack for being straight?

"Hey, hetero. Where is your wife, hetero? Bet you don't even like taking it in the ass, hetero. Why are you always acting like such a hetero?" :lol:

I think it went something more like "If you don't support same-sex marriage you're a homophobe".

So then it becomes; "All Republicans hate Gays because they don't support same-sex marriage so we hate them in return, racist BASTARDS!!!!!!"

Then it becomes; "Calling yourself a normal couple is hateful to Gays!!! What right do you have to say what it normal???"

Last edited:
I'd rather change the channel or watch a movie.

However that isn't going to stop somebody on the left using my preferences to demonize me in order to win elections.

I don't care one way or another if somebody wants to hammer someone from behind. It doesn't effect me. But when a straight couple comes under attack for being straight it's time to change the attitude on the left, not the right. These days being for......I don't even know the PC label is for one man, one woman, is,.......you are assumed to be a homophobe.

I somehow doubt you can point to a single time you have seen somebody come under attack for being straight. Acceptance of gay couples doesn't equate to hatred for straight couples. What has somebody said to you that you consider an attack for being straight?

"Hey, hetero. Where is your wife, hetero? Bet you don't even like taking it in the ass, hetero. Why are you always acting like such a hetero?" :lol:

I think it went something more like "If you don't support same-sex marriage you're a homophobe".

So then it becomes; "All Republicans hate Gays because they don't support same-sex marriage so we hate them in return, racist BASTARDS!!!!!!"

Then it becomes; "Calling yourself a normal couple is hateful to Gays!!!"

At first you said somebody was demonizing your preference. But the example you just gave was somebody demonizing you for demonizing another person's preference. Funny how hate breeds hate.

Most of the stereotypes the left likes to talk about when it comes to large white families came out in this thread.

Nobody really says much about other nationalities. It seems to be white families that matter......because then they can relate it to the Christian right and the GOP.

Then it becomes; "Calling yourself a normal couple is hateful to Gays!!!"

At first you said somebody was demonizing your preference. But the example you just gave was somebody demonizing you for demonizing another person's preference. Funny how hate breeds hate.

Excellent.......you just proved my point.

I'm not allowed to have my opinions if they don't match yours.

Thank you for proving my point.

big-family.jpg

If you want to bring down a society the quickest way is to attack the most important element of that society. Marriage.

I know this is old fashioned to think this way but that's my point. Marriage isn't what it used to be. It even has become an object of scorn by the left.

"Having to get married before getting pregnant? Are you kidding me???"

I used to think that white middle-class 50-60 year old males were the most hated group in America, but really the one group that is the focus of the most bigotry is the family unit. It's just not cool to be married. Marriage holds women back. In some people's minds it is the same as slavery.

It's easy for some to be married and still be highly critical of it. Being married is a pain in the butt. I think the best way to punish someone is to force them to marry someone they don't want to or to be forced into marriage because of a pregnancy. Gays want to be able to marry but the Gay activists show a palatable disdain for straight couples. The tables have been turned in our society to the point where if you say you're married and support the institution you're an outcast. What is normal has been redefined.

Having children out of wedlock is the quickest road to poverty. Kids are expensive and having only one income just isn't enough to make ends meet. It almost assures that you will become dependent one way or another on governmental assistance. So in effect government stands in the way of the family being a successful enterprise. For decades single mothers have been encouraged to stay single with cash handouts from Uncle Sugar.

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

19 kids were normal 50 years ago? you sure bro? I know Magic Johnson grew up with 9 brothers and sisters but 19 kids is a bit much, even for back than.

there's nothing remotely normal about having 19 kids, now or 50 years ago.

The tables have been turned in our society to the point where if you say you're married and support the institution you're an outcast. ..

:confused: Who told you that?

Comments at The Republican Party of Texas Really Hates Gay People| News | Towleroad

The Republican party will become irrelevant if they refuse to change. Demographics show this. Give the country 20 years and if the GOP still spews this garbage they will be reduced to a regional party.

Posted by: Brian B. | Jun 26, 2012 7:50:11 PM

And this was an improvement over their last platform which was even more anti-gay. It tells you how bigoted Texas Republicans are when you consider that THIS was their kinder gentler version.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jun 26, 2012 7:55:04 PM

oh if they could just get away with stating what they really think of african americans, hispanics, the role of women in society, and the poor......

We gays are simply the only punching bag theyve got left that the rethugs can actually smack blatantly

Posted by: stevenelliot | Jun 26, 2012 7:58:58 PM

The Texas Republican platform is a MAJOR insult to "Judeo-Christian values."

Is it any wonder that we've come to equate "Christian" with "hater"? A "Christian" who believes the drivel in that platform IS a hater, by definition.

Yikes, gosh, if the Christian friends I have were like THAT, well...they wouldn't be very Christian. Or my friends.

This whole obliterate-gay-people thing will do be the deathknell for Republican party...one of these days. Or else it's a dirtier, uglier, and meaner world than I'd prefer, which is possible too, unfortunately.

Posted by: just_a_guy | Jun 26, 2012 7:59:39 PM

But..but...but, I thought both political parties were really the same when it comes to gays and it's only the FRINGE of the GOP who was homophobic! That's what some posters here and GOProud keep saying! You mean that isn't true?!

/sarcasm

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 26, 2012 8:04:57 PM

This will read like a KKK writing in another 50 years. Perhaps less even.

Posted by: Drew | Jun 26, 2012 8:13:19 PM

Nothing makes me more proud of being a lifelong Texan than Gay being decriminalized as a result of my state losing Lawrence v. Texas at the Supreme Court in 2003.

Nothing... except when I think how much the repugs must hate that!

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jun 26, 2012 8:15:48 PM

Wow. Bigotry and hatred right out there for everyone to see -- no window dressing, no playing hide-n-seek, no dog whistling, no shame. Just straight up hate, proudly shown to all the world. This statement will be taught in textbooks someday -- someday soon -- as an example of how fascist lunacy killed the GOP.

Posted by: kit | Jun 26, 2012 8:19:57 PM

Wouldn't it be great if all states felt like this? We could re-examine being gay again and dump the heterosexual model. That's how it was not such a short time ago. We could go back to being hairdressers, and interior designers. All this gay acceptance has been manufactured. This much hate can only harm us. And it will. Watch.

Posted by: Calvin | Jun 26, 2012 8:26:52 PM

P𝗎ssies. If they aren't seeking the death penalty for adulterers (Leviticus 20:10), then they aren't really committed to God's word. They're just unworthy little posers.

Well it's not good enough! God sees through their cowardly, counterfeit piety, and He will delight in condemning them to suffer unimaginable torture and incineration for all of eternity!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: JJ | Jun 26, 2012 8:28:24 PM

And this is surprising because...?

Posted by: VoenixRising | Jun 26, 2012 8:40:51 PM

Not as much as I hate them.

Posted by: DanSwon | Jun 26, 2012 8:42:04 PM

If you want links.......

Republicans Hate Gays | Republicans Hate Gays

The Republican Party of Texas Really Hates Gay People| News | Towleroad

The happiest married couples I know don't have children.

You must not know me or my wife. We had a great marriage before children and now with children it's even better.

Like someone said above, marriage is what you make it. I can choose to go home tonight and be in a miserable mood for whatever reason or I can appreciate what I have.

Let me ask though how old are you and your wife? are you in your 20s? I should have specified this in my post.

We're in our mid 40's. We met and got married in our late 30's. If you're going to imply we're happier because we waited until later in life I would agree with you. But that's just us. I imagine it's different for everyone.

The greatest problem with marriage today is too many don't know how to be married.

It's not Gays that are the biggest threat to marriage as an institution, it's the fact that so few kids know what to do in a marriage. The fact that they have so many other options removes marriage from the center of our society.

I know some kids that hate living at home because their fathers or their mother treated them terribly. But the institution itself isn't to blame. We don't train our kids to be fathers and mothers.

I remember something Keanu Reeves said in the movie "Parenthood";

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."

:smoke:

The greatest problem with marriage today is too many don't know how to be married.

It's not Gays that are the biggest threat to marriage as an institution, it's the fact that so few kids know what to do in a marriage. The fact that they have so many other options removes marriage from the center of our society.

I know some kids that hate living at home because their fathers or their mother treated them terribly. But the institution itself isn't to blame. We don't train our kids to be fathers and mothers.

I remember something Keanu Reeves said in the movie "Parenthood";

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."

:smoke:

Except "kids" aren't getting married much these days.

Among young people aged 18 to 24, only 9 percent were married in 2010, plummeting from fifty years earlier, when the number was 45 percent. Among the next older group of adults, aged 25 to 34, 44 percent were married last year -- just over half the percentage in 1960, 82 percent. These are among the findings in a new Pew Research Center analysis, based on U.S. Census Bureau data.

If you have enough money to have 20 kids go for it.

Pro Choice goes both ways

How many wars is that for the US at the moment?
War on Marriage
War on Terror
Afghanistan
War on Women
War on Christmas
War on The Church
War on The Constitution

I'm sure there's more, but I'm tired now.
Surely the US is the most warring country in history.

Yup.

The time of getting out of high school and having a good paying job that you work until you die, is over.

The only way you might be able to pull something like that off is if you join the Military, thats about it though.

I disagree. Once, I bvelieved I waS too small a fish in the sea and my failures was a result of those above me naking it impossible for me to get ahead. I found I was wrong and acheived great success once I realized it.

My son graduated college several years agoand got a job...he carried the attitude I used to have. I sat him down and asked hiim to try "my approach"...the one I used later in life. Within 6 months he realized that his "failures" was a result of his "attitude" in the workplace for once he tried my approach, within 6 months he received a raise and a promotion.

You see...today, people are starting to feel "they deserve"...and whereas even if they do "deserve", they sure as hell aint gonna get what they "deserve" by carrying the attitude that "they deserve."

Attitude in the workplace can create stability in the workplace...and success in the workplace.......but the wrong attitude can create a life of job hopping.

Bear in mind......someone is going to get a promotion....who should it be...the one who has an attitude that they deserve it...or the one who has the attitude of appreciation for being considered for it?

This post would fit well in the other thread about how highly educated people can be stupid.

big-family.jpg

If you want to bring down a society the quickest way is to attack the most important element of that society. Marriage.

I know this is old fashioned to think this way but that's my point. Marriage isn't what it used to be. It even has become an object of scorn by the left.

"Having to get married before getting pregnant? Are you kidding me???"

I used to think that white middle-class 50-60 year old males were the most hated group in America, but really the one group that is the focus of the most bigotry is the family unit. It's just not cool to be married. Marriage holds women back. In some people's minds it is the same as slavery.

It's easy for some to be married and still be highly critical of it. Being married is a pain in the butt. I think the best way to punish someone is to force them to marry someone they don't want to or to be forced into marriage because of a pregnancy. Gays want to be able to marry but the Gay activists show a palatable disdain for straight couples. The tables have been turned in our society to the point where if you say you're married and support the institution you're an outcast. What is normal has been redefined.

Having children out of wedlock is the quickest road to poverty. Kids are expensive and having only one income just isn't enough to make ends meet. It almost assures that you will become dependent one way or another on governmental assistance. So in effect government stands in the way of the family being a successful enterprise. For decades single mothers have been encouraged to stay single with cash handouts from Uncle Sugar.

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

What the OP clearly fails to realize is that there is no ‘war on marriage,’ and no one wishes to ‘bring down’ society.

This is just more of the mindless social conservative claptrap that only fuels the Culture War, keeps Americans divided, and allows actual issues to go un-addressed.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back