The Walmart Family owns as much as nearly half the country

R

rdean

I was watching a special and they were saying what the Walmart family owns is equal to what over 40% of Americans on the bottom of the economic ladder owns.

And remember when I said that food stamps are used as a business supplement because people raising a family on minimum wage - can't?

Remember how Republicans talked about how great is it working at Walmart? That if people would just get a job, they could get off foodstamps?

Wage and Hour Lawsuits against Wal-Mart Settled for over $350 Million - AboutLawsuits.com

Last week, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. announced that they have agreed to pay between $352 million and $640 million to settle 63 wage and hour lawsuits filed against the retailer in 42 different states. The lawsuits accused the company of cheating hourly workers by forcing them to work through breaks and not paying them for overtime.

Remember before the election Republicans on this very site, suggested there is nothing wrong with corporations becoming more involved in government? That they want what's best for the country because they are profit driven? Even Mitt Romney said "Corporations are people my friend".

Earlier this month, Wal-mart agreed to pay $54.3 million to settle a wage and hour class action lawsuit brought on behalf of workers in Minnesota, after a judge found that the company had violated wage and hour laws more than 2 million times.

And Republicans on this very site want to shrink government to the point where it can be drowned in a bathtub and abolish all those stifling regulations.

How many Republicans have talked about abolishing the minimum wage?

This is why we have to be vigilant when it comes to the Republican Party. They are dangerous and full of the "gullible".

photo-tissue-box.jpg

I was watching a special and they were saying what the Walmart family owns is equal to what over 40% of Americans on the bottom of the economic ladder owns.

And remember when I said that food stamps are used as a business supplement because people raising a family on minimum wage - can't?

Remember how Republicans talked about how great is it working at Walmart? That if people would just get a job, they could get off foodstamps?

Wage and Hour Lawsuits against Wal-Mart Settled for over $350 Million - AboutLawsuits.com

Last week, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. announced that they have agreed to pay between $352 million and $640 million to settle 63 wage and hour lawsuits filed against the retailer in 42 different states. The lawsuits accused the company of cheating hourly workers by forcing them to work through breaks and not paying them for overtime.

Remember before the election Republicans on this very site, suggested there is nothing wrong with corporations becoming more involved in government? That they want what's best for the country because they are profit driven? Even Mitt Romney said "Corporations are people my friend".

Earlier this month, Wal-mart agreed to pay $54.3 million to settle a wage and hour class action lawsuit brought on behalf of workers in Minnesota, after a judge found that the company had violated wage and hour laws more than 2 million times.

And Republicans on this very site want to shrink government to the point where it can be drowned in a bathtub and abolish all those stifling regulations.

This is why we have to be vigilant when it comes to the Republican Party. They are dangerous and full of the "gullible".

lol, they are dangerous and full of the gullible...MY GAWD you people elected a community organizer to be President, TWICE

So, looks like the employees were looking for an easy payday. Most INTELLIGENT people understand how these class action lawsuits work.

It is cheaper to just pay the money than spend 10 times the amount proving the lawsuit is frivolous.

I have to say, I'm disappointed in the quality of intellect that Walmart employes. They didn't even realize that the Lawyers all just made millions and they were shafted by the government.

Again.

so is the Democrat Party Dean.....but you would not know because you are one of the "gullible"..........

It blows my mind how house slave conservatives will do anything for their rich masters. Reading these poor ignorant pieces of garbage defend the uber-rich's evil bullshit in this country is maddening.

Please tell me you know Michelle worked for them (Supplier)and Obama got $300,000 of dollars from the Walmart son's heir in this last campaign?

Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssse?

Otherwise. Put your left foot forward and shoot it. :eusa_clap::D:eusa_clap:

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how Obama became a 1 percenter? Who did he rip off?

It blows my mind how house slave conservatives will do anything for their rich masters. Reading these poor ignorant pieces of garbage defend the uber-rich's evil bullshit in this country is maddening.

so we don't see this with the other Party too?....i see it with both of them.....as far as i am concerned the Rich of both Parties if push comes to shove will stick together and throw everyone else under the bus to protect their wealth.....the Rich all have one thing in common .....Money......

The Wal-mart Family owns it? I thought the Stock holders did.

lol

so is the Democrat Party Dean.....but you would not know because you are one of the "gullible"..........
I have to presume that some people on the forum believe that the supply of wealth is finite. Nothing the rich own precludes anyone else from being well off. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in our area (SE US) Walmart pay and benefits are the same as KMart, Target, Best Buy, Sears and all the other discount stores in the area. I see no reason to complain about the wages the market will bear. Don't forget, businesses are not social enterprises. They are in the business to make a profit. If they don't maximize their profits they are effectively stealing from their share holders, who are among other people the very people who are claimed to be paid low wages. My son started working in Walmart in 1986. Within a year his benefits kicked in and he was given options to buy stock, which he did. In the 26 years since he started, between his walmart stock and 401K he has retired and is enjoying his life with his wife and kids.

The Wal-mart Family owns it? I thought the Stock holders did.

lol
They were talking about the wealth of the family.

Forum List

Back