The Walking Dead Season 5

Well, yea. That was my point. [emoji14]

The prison itself was a pretty decent place to fortify. They screwed up by not fortifying the grounds around it too though.

They should have dug trenches, put up barbed wire, and set some of those spike traps Morgan used when was still crazy up to prevent walkers and vehicles from getting too close.

That way, and enemy couldn't just up on them like the Guv did.

Failing that, and island would work, like Gracie suggested.

Well, I don't see why they can't do the same at the place they're at now.
Have you really looked at those walls? The braces are on the OUTSIDE. Not inside. Very easy to scale that fence and anyone with history knowledge would know how to knock it down with a sling and big assed rocks.

Perhaps, but with some effort they could make that little place into a fortress. Besides, I like the nice houses. :D I would stay and try to make it as invincible as possible.
Which is why you would die.

Well, to be honest, a zombie apocalypse isn't on my list of things to worry about. This is all just for fun.
I know. Which is why I am in Rick Mode right now. :lol:

That's true. Though, to be fair, they've never really had the manpower to effectively guard any of their settlements, not even Alexandria.

Someone could climb over that wall at pretty much any time if they were smart enough to bring a couple hooks and some rope. No one would know until it was too late to really stop them either.

Regardless, it is easier to keep an eye out in a smaller and less sprawling area. They should get themselves some huge rolled barbed wire. That would take care of that problem.

Frankly, I don't think something like that would even be physically possible. The angles involved simply wouldn't work.

Alexandria is basically a giant circle, oval, square, or rectangle that covers several city blocks worth of suburbs, and is surrounded by a 15 foot wall. There are also buildings everywhere obstructing the view, and an overgrown forest outside the wall that could conceal any number of people.

One tower couldn't cover the whole area even if they wanted it to. You'd need several spaced along the wall at regular intervals, with people manning them at all times.

And so HOW would that make the prison any better? It's even more large and sprawling. The problems would still exist. Like I said, barbed wire would take care of that little problem.

The prison is harder to break into, and provides better shelter should it come under attack.

It also has watch towers and fortifications built in.

I do agree with you, however, that it'd require a lot more work to get a prison in optimal condition than Alexandria, and that it'd require a lot more people to manage effectively

Barbed wire isn't a bad idea at all, though, actually. It should be paired with a trench and other earth works as well.

That way someone couldn't drive a tank or car right up to the place. :D

Well, considering that is exactly what happened with the govna . . . ?

The prison itself was a pretty decent place to fortify. They screwed up by not fortifying the grounds around it too though.

They should have dug trenches, put up barbed wire, and set some of those spike traps Morgan used when was still crazy up to prevent walkers and vehicles from getting too close.

They could, of course.

All things being equal, however, I think thick concrete walls surrounded by trenches and barbed wire are a better bet for long-term survival than a few suburban homes and a thin wall made of sheet metal surrounded by the same. ;)

So...no animals were affected by this virus thingy that turns humans into walking MUST EAT monsters? They ever mention that at the beginning of the show?
And zombies that fell in the ocean and died then came back to life...they would have just been eaten by fish or rotted away faster. No zombies roaming the depths, pretty sure. Which is why an island would be good. Hell, the zombies are not the prob. It's the leftover people who are the prob. Like attracts like. Baddies collect in groups and all hell breaks loose.

How about a nice medieval castle with a moat? Think Reign Of Fire movie. Problem is...it ain't the zombies that one should be concerned about. Its Terminus Type people one needs to worry about.

Regardless, it is easier to keep an eye out in a smaller and less sprawling area. They should get themselves some huge rolled barbed wire. That would take care of that problem.

And so HOW would that make the prison any better? It's even more large and sprawling. The problems would still exist. Like I said, barbed wire would take care of that little problem.

The prison is harder to break into, and provides better shelter should it come under attack.

I do agree with you, however, that it'd require a lot more work to get a prison in optimal condition than Alexandria, and that it'd require a lot more people to manage effectively

Barbed wire isn't a bad idea at all, though, actually. It should be paired with a trench and other earth works as well.

They could, of course.

All things being equal, however, I think thick concrete walls surrounded by trenches and barbed wire are a better bet for long-term survival than a few suburban homes and a thin wall made of sheet metal surrounded by the same. ;)

I think it is easier to monitor a smaller area. A prison is good, but not impenetrable either, as the govna proved. All he had to do was drive a truck through the fence. A fence always needs repairs and is probably easier to penetrate. Also, I don't think those walls are "sheet metal." I think they are solid steel, and they look to be quite thick. With a few adjustments, I think they could make it a very safe place. That's just my opinion though. I would stay there and try to beef it up as much as possible. Move the supports to the inside, they could even double up on the walls. They could put a fence with barbed wire around the walls that already exist. I think there are a lot of things that they could do instead of taking the chance of moving again.

That's true. Though, to be fair, they've never really had the manpower to effectively guard any of their settlements, not even Alexandria.

Someone could climb over that wall at pretty much any time if they were smart enough to bring a couple hooks and some rope. No one would know until it was too late to really stop them either.

Frankly, I don't think something like that would even be physically possible. The angles involved simply wouldn't work.

Alexandria is basically a giant circle, oval, square, or rectangle that covers several city blocks worth of suburbs, and is surrounded by a 15 foot wall. There are also buildings everywhere obstructing the view, and an overgrown forest outside the wall that could conceal any number of people.

One tower couldn't cover the whole area even if they wanted it to. You'd need several spaced along the wall at regular intervals, with people manning them at all times.

Maybe zombies can swim. :lol: The dead man's float. Lol.

:lol:

How about a nice medieval castle with a moat? Think Reign Of Fire movie. Problem is...it ain't the zombies that one should be concerned about. Its Terminus Type people one needs to worry about.

I agree with that. I would be much more concerned with the people who can think and plan than the stupid zombies.

Maybe zombies can swim. :lol: The dead man's float. Lol.

:lol:

That has got to be one of the most stupid things EVA! :lol:

They could, of course.

I think it is easier to monitor a smaller area. A prison is good, but not impenetrable either, as the govna proved. All he had to do was drive a truck through the fence. A fence always needs repairs and is probably easier to penetrate. Also, I don't think those walls are "sheet metal." I think they are solid steel, and they look to be quite thick. With a few adjustments, I think they could make it a very safe place. That's just my opinion though. I would stay there and try to beef it up as much as possible. Move the supports to the inside, they could even double up on the walls. They could put a fence with barbed wire around the walls that already exist. I think there are a lot of things that they could do instead of taking the chance of moving again.

To each their own.

Personally, however, I'd go for something as near to a castle as I could get. :D

They could, of course.

To each their own.

Personally, however, I'd go for something as near to a castle as I could get. :D

Not too many castles in the United States.

They could, of course.

To each their own.

That's why I said "as near" to a castle as I could get, as opposed to getting an actual castle. ;)

They could, of course.

To each their own.

Hearst Castle. But it isn't fortified. CMC is though. :lol:

Meanwhile..that shark had no teefers.

Alexandria is a lot safer than the prison in some ways. Don't forget, while the prison walls were very secure, it was just a chain link fence around the grounds.

Take a prison, and then build walls like Alexandria has around it. ;)

Yes but a bigger place is much more difficult to maintain and to keep watch over.

Yes but a bigger place is much more difficult to maintain and to keep watch over.

I can only assume that there is a view of the entire wall from the watchtower.

Yeah barbed wire should handle all those walkers who will be climbing fences by next season lol. In any case prisons are meant to keep people in not out.

The writers aren't that familiar with prisons imo. Those places all have shops, welding gear etc. The prison could have been better fortified with a little effort. Tree lines should have been pushed back. Something along the lines of old fire bases in Viet Nam.

They could, of course.

To each their own.

A "castle" isn't a bad idea against the walkers, but against the living? Fortifications throughout history have always fallen to a determined attacker.

They could, of course.

To each their own.

Another thing about the prison. A chain link fence is certainly not impenetrable if you are concerned about the people and not the zombies. All a person would have to do is go there at night and snip it and make a whole. They're in. :D

They could, of course.

To each their own.

Another thing about the prison. A chain link fence is certainly not impenetrable if you are concerned about the people and not the zombies. All a person would have to do is go there at night and snip it and make a whole. They're in. :D

Well, technically, I was suggesting taking a prison, and building a wall like Alexandria has (in addition to the trenches, barbed wire, moats, and etca we were discussing) around it. ;)

44544131bc5c23d7497a75.jpg

When Rick killed that walker with his bare hands, squishing his hand into the rotting head and popping the walkers braingoop all over himself. Ricktatorship indeed.

Forum List

Back