The Walking Dead Season 5

Random thoughts:
Can't wait for the new season (and the new series) to start.
Watched TWD pretty much from the beginning. Liked all of it, but I thought that the farm arc and prison arc both dragged on a little.
I really can't think of another character in any series that I disliked as much as I did The Governor.
Amazing that they were able to make a series work where no character was safe, be it a supporting one or a main one.

The Governor isn't even the character I disliked the most in The Walking Dead (that would be Andrea) let alone any series ever. :p

TWD has killed off a lot of characters, but is it worse than Game of Thrones I wonder? :dunno:
Never watched GoT, so I wouldn't know.
The Governor set my teeth on edge because he fit the definition of a psychopath to a tee. People like that have always disturbed me.

TWD has killed off a lot of characters, but is it worse than Game of Thrones I wonder? :dunno:

Nah. I don't think so. When GOT kills off characters, you tend to feel it a lot more, and it's a lot more unexpected.

When TWD does it, it's usually a throw away character that just got introduced. if it's a main(ish) character, it's usually one most people either dislike or don't really care about. You can also usually see it coming from a mile away too.

You can also usually see it coming from a mile away too.
Sometimes, that's true.
Other times you're lucky if you know the same episode.
I've seen both happen.
I think the worst thing is where they lead you to believe that someone's going to buy it, but they survive. Then 2-3 episodes later.... >chomp< and they're gone.

I saw the very first episode of this weekend. It was really good. I never saw the first couple of seasons. I'm going to do some catching up before the new season starts. :D

I'd missed the first 2 seasons & my kids kept after me to watch it. So finally one weekend when they had the marathons I sat ALL weekend watching them! I did NOTHING AT ALL for 2 days! Lol! Now i'm so hooked on it I can't wait for it to start! I also want to see the new series coming out next month. Does anyone know when that's supposed to start??

I know. I miss that show. At least I can watch the ones I missed. They are new to me and give me a little more background info on the characters.

I saw the very first episode of this weekend. It was really good. I never saw the first couple of seasons. I'm going to do some catching up before the new season starts. :D

I'd missed the first 2 seasons & my kids kept after me to watch it. So finally one weekend when they had the marathons I sat ALL weekend watching them! I did NOTHING AT ALL for 2 days! Lol! Now i'm so hooked on it I can't wait for it to start! I also want to see the new series coming out next month. Does anyone know when that's supposed to start??

I know. I miss that show. At least I can watch the ones I missed. They are new to me and give me a little more background info on the characters.
Don't forget to look up the TWD Webisodes. There's three of them: Torn Apart, Cold Storage, and The Oath. More background on the world itself, rather than the characters, since all take place prior to Season 1. They explain some of the things you see in the first season.

Random thoughts:
Watched TWD pretty much from the beginning. Liked all of it, but I thought that the farm arc and prison arc both dragged on a little.
I really can't think of another character in any series that I disliked as much as I did The Governor.
Amazing that they were able to make a series work where no character was safe, be it a supporting one or a main one.

The Hunters were some bad guys. I also prefer the gov over Dayle

Don't forget to look up the TWD Webisodes. There's three of them: Torn Apart, Cold Storage, and The Oath. More background on the world itself, rather than the characters, since all take place prior to Season 1. They explain some of the things you see in the first season.

I hadn't heard of the Webisodes! I'll be checking that out! Thanks!

Random thoughts:

The Governor isn't even the character I disliked the most in The Walking Dead (that would be Andrea) let alone any series ever. :p

Never watched GoT, so I wouldn't know.
The Governor set my teeth on edge because he fit the definition of a psychopath to a tee. People like that have always disturbed me.

That gov was one nasty,ugly human. At one point I thought he had changed.
True to his nature, he beheaded Hershel and caused that whole mess to continue.

Random thoughts:

Dayle... that older guy from the beginning? He got on my nerves. Looking back , I think he could see all the bad decisions Andrea was going to make. In the end she trusted that gov too much, partly because she was sleeping with him & it clouded her judgment..
Beth just got captured, that really sucks...are those the hunters
...I must watch more later toinight when I get home. lol

Random thoughts:

Dayle... that older guy from the beginning? He got on my nerves. Looking back , I think he could see all the bad decisions Andrea was going to make. In the end she trusted that gov too much, partly because she was sleeping with him & it clouded her judgment..
Beth just got captured, that really sucks...are those the hunters
...I must watch more later toinight when I get home. lol

The hunters were the Termites!

But I forgot the character I hate the most - Father Gabriel. I can't wait for the SOB to get knocked off. He makes Dayle appear likable.

But I forgot the character I hate the most - Father Gabriel. I can't wait for the SOB to get knocked off.
I tend to agree. Up until what he pulled toward the end of this past season, I just thought that he had become unhinged due to guilt.
Now... I hope that he meets an end worse than Noah's - only not as tragic.

Dayle... that older guy from the beginning? He got on my nerves.
I don't think that he was that bad, but he was somewhat annoying at times.
He was in a form of denial, certainly, but it seemed to me that he was kind of a simple man dumped in a situation that was way over his head.

Random thoughts:

Dayle... that older guy from the beginning? He got on my nerves. Looking back , I think he could see all the bad decisions Andrea was going to make. In the end she trusted that gov too much, partly because she was sleeping with him & it clouded her judgment..lol
From my understanding the writers regretted how bad they screwed up Dale's character. He was a beloved and likable character in the comic and he was one of the most despised in the show. Fans mourned his death in the comic, but cheered his premature (it came much earlier than in the comic) in the show.

I wonder if Father Gabe was any different in the comic, because his demise can't come any sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ick, yeah, I had almost forgotten about the preacher guy. If there was any other more useless person on this show, I don't know who it would be. :mad: And how he lied about the group too! It's all coming back to me now! Grrr. :p

Ick, yeah, I had almost forgotten about the preacher guy. If there was any other more useless person on this show, I don't know who it would be. :mad: And how he lied about the group too! It's all coming back to me now! Grrr. :p

Yep he is a regular POS. First how can man of God lock his flock out when there was so much food to go around in the short-term.

Then he backstabs people who took him in, protected him and saved his life on a few occasions once they got to the safe-zone.

Writers please make him an early casualty next season.[emoji120]

Yep he is a regular POS. First how can man of God lock his flock out when there was so much food to go around in the short-term.

Then he backstabs people who took him in, protected him and saved his life on a few occasions once they got to the safe-zone.

Writers please make him an early casualty next season.[emoji120]

Yup, his character sure is cowardly.

Even though I'm not religious, I will join in that prayer! :lol:

Since this is all just mindless "talk" ...its safe to say no one really knows how they would react in a situation like that. Its a joke on tv but in reality it would be pretty damn scary.

They all made mistakes..he was no better or worse than anyone else. Cant say I liked him, but couple of his scenes were really cool.
Id pay more attention to the humans who turned into cannibals. Survival hadn't reached that point yet imo. The lack of character and self loathing to devolve into THAT.
For sure, the scariest part of the series...at least the "dead" cant help it.

But I forgot the character I hate the most - Father Gabriel. I can't wait for the SOB to get knocked off.
I tend to agree. Up until what he pulled toward the end of this past season, I just thought that he had become unhinged due to guilt.
Now... I hope that he meets an end worse than Noah's - only not as tragic.

I dont know Noahs end yet. At least he got RIck and them to Beth & Carol. The reunion ended poorly though . =(
guess it all does on there lol

Since this is all just mindless "talk" ...its safe to say no one really knows how they would react in a situation like that. Its a joke on tv but in reality it would be pretty damn scary.

They all made mistakes..he was no better or worse than anyone else. Cant say I liked him, but couple of his scenes were really cool.
Id pay more attention to the humans who turned into cannibals. Survival hadn't reached that point yet imo. The lack of character and self loathing to devolve into THAT.
For sure, the scariest part of the series...at least the "dead" cant help it.

Are you talking about the preacher?

yeah...and the whole show. I want them all to make it. I haven't seen the whole deal with him though...so the verdicts still out with him.
I started analyzing the characters when the living became super nasty. It irked to that with in spite of all the daily danger and hopelessness they face, some still continue to hunt & kill and or eat each other... for selfish reasons.

I'm pretty annoying to watch the TWD with at this point. so Ive been told.:lol:

Forum List

Back