What happened to cartoons?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014

Back then they seemed so violent. What happened? Why do we never see cartoons like these anymore? Did the liberals take control of the animation industry?

Back then they seemed so violent. What happened? Why do we never see cartoons like these anymore? Did the liberals take control of the animation industry?

When in doubt blame a liberal :rolleyes:

Hey remember when Lynn Cheney was leading the charge against violent video games and music? Of course not you shill.

Have you ever played Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto? That's what kids are doing these days. And odds are most of the designers are liberal. :cool:

giphy.gif

I had to grow up with a skunk, rabbit, mouse, pink panther, alligator, hound dog, Scooby "doobie" Doo, atomic ant, I mean cartoons have always been,,,cartoons....ever watch Adult Swim? Comedy Central?

Hey remember when Lynn Cheney was leading the charge against violent video games and music? Of course not you shill.

Have you ever played Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto? That's what kids are doing these days. And odds are most of the designers are liberal. :cool:
my son works in the industry......many of the designers are......but the games are all about making money.....politics have very little to do with it....if somebody reads something into a game....thats just what they see....

my son works in the industry......many of the designers are......but the games are all about making money.....politics have very little to do with it....if somebody reads something into a game....thats just what they see....
these were Cartoons......

Grew up with all the Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry cartoons, Hanna-Barberra (Jabberjaw stands out as does Woody Woodpecker,) Flintstones, and old Popeyes ones too. Will still watch if channel surfing and come across them.

Worth pointing out that many of those old 40s era ones were actually intended for adults and contain many adult themes like suicide, smoking, crossdressing heh, references to WW2, etc. When they show them now, I notice they're edited and censoring out those elements.

Almost half of computer gamers are men over 50. I just built the most awesome water-cooled tower desktop I've ever owned. You could design space stations or aircraft carriers with this baby. No sooner am I finally done than the Intel Haswell-E platform comes out. Staying ahead of the computer science curve is one game nobody ever wins...or at least not for long.

And if you think all the geeks are lefties, go to any of the gaming web sites and see when a big LAN party is scheduled for your area. Go check it out. Don't be surprised if your stilted preconceptions are torched faster than a Call of Duty bad guy.

You can only ave cartoons that stick to the liberal mantra of race and discrimination.

Forum List

Back