The Walking Dead Season 5

Actually, the prison was perfect. They need to find another one. More secure. Bigger. Not as comfy as cushy houses but SAFE. Yes. They need to find another prison.

Alexandria is a lot safer than the prison in some ways. Don't forget, while the prison walls were very secure, it was just a chain link fence around the grounds.

Take a prison, and then build walls like Alexandria has around it. ;)

Yes but a bigger place is much more difficult to maintain and to keep watch over.

That's true. Though, to be fair, they've never really had the manpower to effectively guard any of their settlements, not even Alexandria.

Someone could climb over that wall at pretty much any time if they were smart enough to bring a couple hooks and some rope. No one would know until it was too late to really stop them either.

Regardless, it is easier to keep an eye out in a smaller and less sprawling area. They should get themselves some huge rolled barbed wire. That would take care of that problem.

Actually, the prison was perfect. They need to find another one. More secure. Bigger. Not as comfy as cushy houses but SAFE. Yes. They need to find another prison.

Alexandria is a lot safer than the prison in some ways. Don't forget, while the prison walls were very secure, it was just a chain link fence around the grounds.

Yes but a bigger place is much more difficult to maintain and to keep watch over.

That's true. Though, to be fair, they've never really had the manpower to effectively guard any of their settlements, not even Alexandria.

Someone could climb over that wall at pretty much any time if they were smart enough to bring a couple hooks and some rope. No one would know until it was too late to really stop them either.

I can only assume that there is a view of the entire wall from the watchtower.
Frankly, I don't think something like that would even be physically possible. The angles involved simply wouldn't work.

Alexandria is basically a giant circle, oval, square, or rectangle that covers several city blocks worth of suburbs, and is surrounded by a 15 foot wall. There are also buildings everywhere obstructing the view, and an overgrown forest outside the wall that could conceal any number of people.

One tower couldn't cover the whole area even if they wanted it to. You'd need several spaced along the wall at regular intervals, with people manning them at all times.

Frankly, I don't think something like that would even be physically possible. The angles involved simply wouldn't work.

Alexandria is basically a giant circle, oval, square, or rectangle that covers several city blocks worth of suburbs, and is surrounded by a 15 foot wall. There are also buildings everywhere obstructing the view, and an overgrown forest outside the wall that could conceal any number of people.

One tower couldn't cover the whole area even if they wanted it to. You'd need several spaced along the wall at regular intervals, with people manning them at all times.

And so HOW would that make the prison any better? It's even more large and sprawling. The problems would still exist. Like I said, barbed wire would take care of that little problem.

Regardless, it is easier to keep an eye out in a smaller and less sprawling area. They should get themselves some huge rolled barbed wire. That would take care of that problem.

And so HOW would that make the prison any better? It's even more large and sprawling. The problems would still exist. Like I said, barbed wire would take care of that little problem.

The prison is harder to break into, and provides better shelter should it come under attack.

It also has watch towers and fortifications built in.

I do agree with you, however, that it'd require a lot more work to get a prison in optimal condition than Alexandria, and that it'd require a lot more people to manage effectively

Barbed wire isn't a bad idea at all, though, actually. It should be paired with a trench and other earth works as well.

That way someone couldn't drive a tank or car right up to the place. :D

Last edited:

And barbed wires and cells with bars. If I had a choice..it would be the prison. They can always raid nearby homes and make it cushier. But all that land? Crops.

The walls of Alexandria are better but I agree the prison itself was safer. What they need is a castle and a moat. lol
Even better...an island. Only way in or out is by boat.

Prisons are built to keep people IN...and people OUT.
Alcatraz. Raid SF via boat for things needed. Easy to watch all shores on the island. Old, but defendable.
Alexandria is lalaland. Other factors can and WILL come into play. Who wouldn't want the cushie's there? Battle after battle to keep it. Fuck it. Build another utopia....on an island, in a prison, maybe even under the ground in missile silos.

And barbed wires and cells with bars. If I had a choice..it would be the prison. They can always raid nearby homes and make it cushier. But all that land? Crops.

The walls of Alexandria are better but I agree the prison itself was safer. What they need is a castle and a moat. lol
Yup that's the best unless walkers can walk under water.

walkingdead.png

Yup that's the best unless walkers can walk under water.
They can probably float. But the tides and current would just sweep them out to sea for the sharks.

Why no zombie animals??? Hmmm. Shark zombies. Dog zombies. Bear zombies. Bird zombies.

Once again I watch the show on Monday nights to avoid the commercials...which this episode had 21 minutes of BTW.
Anyhow...good ending...but geez, not the best writing.
How the hell did Glen get free of the three zombies on his back, with a gunshot wound? Really?
The surgeon slitting the old man's throat with a freaking sword?? C'mon...
The car Darrell was in was surrounded by at least 25 zombies, plus 15 or 20 more in the immediate area around the car. A guy with a stick is going to get through that to the door???
Maggie...reaching out to the hand of the preacher??? No way. No one could ever forget or forgive what this guy did before they met him - or what he has done after.
No way. Maggie is as much of a survivor than the rest, she overheard him trying to get them kicked out. She is just going to let that pass? No.
This was a weak episode. The way it ended was fine...everything else was a stretch.

The prison is harder to break into, and provides better shelter should it come under attack.

I do agree with you, however, that it'd require a lot more work to get a prison in optimal condition than Alexandria, and that it'd require a lot more people to manage effectively

Barbed wire isn't a bad idea at all, though, actually. It should be paired with a trench and other earth works as well.

Well, considering that is exactly what happened with the govna . . . ?

Well, yea. That was my point. [emoji14]

The prison itself was a pretty decent place to fortify. They screwed up by not fortifying the grounds around it too though.

They should have dug trenches, put up barbed wire, and set up some of those spike traps Morgan used when he was still crazy to prevent walkers and vehicles from getting too close.

That way, an enemy couldn't just ride up on them like the Guv did.

Failing that, an island would work, like Gracie suggested.

Last edited:

The prison itself was a pretty decent place to fortify. They screwed up by not fortifying the grounds around it too though.

They should have dug trenches, put up barbed wire, and set some of those spike traps Morgan used when was still crazy up to prevent walkers and vehicles from getting too close.

That way, and enemy couldn't just up on them like the Guv did.

Failing that, and island would work, like Gracie suggested.

Well, I don't see why they can't do the same at the place they're at now.

Put it this way...IF such a thing ever happened (and I'm not talking zombies either. I'm talking apocolypse where its people against people...kinda like the movie The Postman where there is no electricity, no more movies, no phones, no government, no nothing.....first thing I would do is gather as many townsfolks I could and have a meeting to block off all entrances. All we have to worry about is east, north and south. West is the pacific ocean. Block off the town. But if it was truly a bad scene like TWD, I'd be heading to my nearest prison and hope like hell the prisoners got out and ran off, or are dead so it can be taken as a powerful force of non entry.

They should have dug trenches, put up barbed wire, and set some of those spike traps Morgan used when was still crazy up to prevent walkers and vehicles from getting too close.

Have you really looked at those walls? The braces are on the OUTSIDE. Not inside. Very easy to scale that fence and anyone with history knowledge would know how to knock it down with a sling and big assed rocks.

Have you really looked at those walls? The braces are on the OUTSIDE. Not inside. Very easy to scale that fence and anyone with history knowledge would know how to knock it down with a sling and big assed rocks.

Perhaps, but with some effort they could make that little place into a fortress. Besides, I like the nice houses. :D I would stay and try to make it as invincible as possible.

Maybe zombies can swim. :lol: The dead man's float. Lol.

Perhaps, but with some effort they could make that little place into a fortress. Besides, I like the nice houses. :D I would stay and try to make it as invincible as possible.
Which is why you would die.

Which is why you would die.

Well, to be honest, a zombie apocalypse isn't on my list of things to worry about. This is all just for fun.

Forum List

Back