The value of slavery?

As if this is such a hard question :rolleyes:
Who owes the slaves descendents reparations?
Who create the harm?
People that died a long time ago.
And how long was the harm that they created left in place to keep doing harm to additional generations of individuals?
The harm was created by those that sold them as well as the ones who bought the. At this point none including those that were bought and sold exist. Therefore nothing is owed to anyone.
Why arent the people that traded them for a bucket of oranges ever blasted?

As if this is such a hard question :rolleyes:
Who owes the slaves descendents reparations?
Who create the harm?
And how long was the harm that they created left in place to keep doing harm to additional generations of individuals?
The harm was created by those that sold them as well as the ones who bought the. At this point none including those that were bought and sold exist. Therefore nothing is owed to anyone.
I've been asking that all morning! No one answers.

Who create the harm?
I've been asking that all morning! No one answers.
Probably for the same reason blacks arent screaming at their distant relatives in Africa to free the 20M slaves on that continent currently.
They arent white.

Slavery ended over 150 years ago.
Slavery was abolished by the 13th Amendment in 1865 yet for the next 99+ years until the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965 and the Fair Housing Act in 1968 people of African descent were still legislatively regulated to second class citizenry under the separate but most definitely not equal doctrine.

You all do understand the concept of something being culmulative with the damages building upon previous damages all causing additional harm correct?

If as a black person I'm required to pay the same amount in taxes as you a white person, but all I'm receiving is 40% of the benefits & services being a tax paying member of society entails while whites are receiving 100% of the benefits and services, how is that equitable, particularly if it's written into law and has been adjudicated by our courts? These are damages that are quantifiable so what's with the pretense?

Slavery ended over 150 years ago.
Slavery was abolished by the 13th Amendment in 1865 yet for the next 99+ years until the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965 and the Fair Housing Act in 1968 people of African descent were still legislatively regulated to second class citizenry under the separate but most definitely not equal doctrine.

You all do understand the concept of something being culmulative with the damages building upon previous damages all causing additional harm correct?

If as a black person I'm required to pay the same amount in taxes as you a white person, but all I'm receiving is 40% of the benefits & services being a tax paying member of society entails while whites are receiving 100% of the benefits and services, how is that equitable, particularly if it's written into law and has been adjudicated by our courts? These are damages that are quantifiable so what's with the pretense?
Well, now, a quarter of the blacks dont pay any taxes and get more free shit than me.
Even?
So, back to the topic at hand. Slavery.
Who owes the descendents of slaves?

Last edited:
1% of the population is getting 99% of the benefits.
Everyone else is in the same boat with each other.

1% of the population is getting 99% of the benefits.
Everyone else is in the same boat with each other.
Like a welfare single mom with no job and paying no income taxes yet she is getting free food, shelter, gas money, daycare money, and a welfare check?
You sure?
Do you know what percentage of the middle class gets back more than they pay in?
While i agree the rich have too much power in this country, there is no need to make up ridiculous stuff. There is plenty there to blast the rich about.

My main customer block is local municipalities.
I had a road supervisor in another state quit his job because his wife died. He quit because after her death, he was going to get back MORE in welfare because of their 5 kids.
As far as i know, he is STILL getting paid simply for existing.

Next, we can deal with what women are owed.
The only group that should have any Government consideration ( not reparations ) is the Native Americans. Not all Tribes that are still inexistence have been qualified. Their country was stolen from them and then there was systematic genocide.

That’s not an answer.
What is not an answer?
Quote the Law, not a post by another user.
The TNHarley quote is what I was responding to. As I'm sure you know estate law is regulated at the state level so it varies from state to state

LAST WAGES DUE DECEASED EMPLOYEE
Under certain circumstances, Tennessee law allows employers to pay to the surviving spouse or children (possible beneficiaries) of a deceased employee the last wages and other benefits due the deceased employee without a court order .

30-2-103. Designation of beneficiary -- Wages and debts owed deceased employee.
TN - Tennessee Code Annotated Tenn. Code Ann. § 30-2-103

Title 30 Administration of Estates > Chapter 2 Management, Settlement and Distribution > Part 1 Allowances to Family

(a) (1) An employee may designate a beneficiary to receive payment for any wages or salary due such employee at the time of the employee's death. (2) The employer is encouraged to inform the employee of this right at the time the employee is hired. (3) If the employee fails to designate such beneficiary as provided for in subdivision (a)(1), the employer shall pay out such wages and salary according to subsection (b). (b) (1) A sum not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000) is authorized to be paid directly to the surviving spouse of a decedent, ...
In general

Final paycheck issued after death
What do you do if an employee suddenly dies, and you still owe them wages? What you will do varies slightly depending on when you distribute the deceased employee wages.

In all cases, you will make the final payment to the employee’s beneficiary or estate. Have the beneficiary or estate representative complete Form W-9 so you have their information. It could take a while to receive the completed Form W-9 if the estate needs to obtain an employer identification number (EIN).

Once you receive the beneficiary’s or estate’s information, you will make the final paycheck out to the beneficiary or estate. You must report the gross amount on Form 1099-MISC in box 3. Use the information you received on Form W-9 to fill out IRS Form 1099-MISC.
What to Do With Deceased Employee Wages
Your post just blew your argument away.

What would you estimate the value of slavery in the US to have been?
Specifically, if reparations were to be made for slavery, how much would you estimate the value of lost wages plus interest to be? Please be specific. What pay scale would you propose be used, and what amount of interest?
Who would you propose be paid reparations for slavery in the US?
And, who would you propose pay into the fund to be dispersed to those deemed recipients of said reparations?

It’s a pointless exercise since there should not be nor will there ever be reparations paid to blacks.

The value of lost wages to a dead person is $0 USD
Completely untrue. Wages owed at the time of death are still owed to the decedant's estate or benficiary.
And am asking about wages owed at the time of death of someone held as a slave in the US at the time of his/her death, plus interest. Part of the question addresses how much interest.

If a descendant of a slave wants to recover lost wages he should track down the descendants of the slave owner and sue for the back pay with interest. I never owned a slave, I am against slavery and I am not going to pay the price for the sins of others.

Slavery Reparations Could Cost Up to $14 Trillion, According to New Calculation
By Douglas Main

n 1865, toward the end of the Civil War, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman promised slaves that they’d receive 40 acres and a mule. Land was even set aside, but the promise was recanted by President Andrew Johnson. Ever since, the issue of reparations has come up many times, often fiercely debated. Although most Americans generally don’t support reparations, according to University of Connecticut researcher Thomas Craemer, it matters greatly how the question is worded, who would get reparations and in what form. For example, the idea of reparations paid in educational benefits are more popular than others, Craemer says.

On the other hand, one of the cases often made against reparations is that it'd be impractically difficult to calculate how to fairly take and give so many years after the fact. But in a new paper, published in the journal Social Science Quarterly, Craemer makes the case that there are other examples of historical reparations paid many decades later after “damages” were incurred. He also has come up with what he says is the most economically sound estimate to date of what reparations could cost: between $5.9 trillion and $14.2 trillion.

Craemer came up with those figures by tabulating how many hours all slaves—men, women and children—worked in the United States from when the country was officially established in 1776 until 1865, when slavery was officially abolished. He multiplied the amount of time they worked by average wage prices at the time, and then a compounding interest rate of 3 percent per year (more than making up for inflation). There is a range because the amount of time worked isn’t a hard figure.

Previous estimates of reparations have ranged from around $36 billion to $10 trillion (in 2009 dollars), Craemer says. Those calculations mostly looked at wealth created by slaves as opposed to services provided, resulting in underestimates. Craemer believes that “the economic assumptions underlying [his method] are more sound” than those used in previous papers.

Slavery Reparations Could Cost Up to $14 Trillion, According to New Calculation

And he's being nice about it since blacks were slaves from at least 1641 in the Amrcan colony.

Completely untrue. Wages owed at the time of death are still owed to the decedant's estate or benficiary.
And am asking about wages owed at the time of death of someone held as a slave in the US at the time of his/her death, plus interest. Part of the question addresses how much interest.

If a descendant of a slave wants to recover lost wages he should track down the descendants of the slave owner and sue for the back pay with interest. I never owned a slave, I am against slavery and I am not going to pay the price for the sins of others.

No he should take the case to the government and sue for reparations.

Stop begging.

The absolute worst thing about slavery is that it brought malignant pieces of shit like you to our shores.

If I had my way your genetic garbage would have been cannibalized 400 years ago by whatever tribe sold them to the arab traders instead.

Fertilizer
will be your greatest accomplishment.

Forum List

Back