The VA "scandal" in context

sure thats the issue....

Big Government will never run things as good as you libs claim it will...

neat...you are a waste of time.

not as much of a waste as Big Government is....you won't find much waste in the free market...

you also won't find much responsibility in Big Government.....in the free market you will find lots of responsibility...or you die...

funny how that works....
in the free market the business dies if you can't service the customer.....
but if Big Government can't service the customer....the customer dies...

LAMBRO: Unearthing the depth of the VA's malfeasance - Washington Times

It’s been going on for a great deal longer, too, as a mountain of Government Accountability Office audits can attest over many decades: Countless reports of medical mistreatment; dangerously lengthy delays for ill veterans seeking care; shocking mortality rates when compared with private-sector hospitals for similar surgeries; old, rundown facilities; and aged, broken medical equipment.

Seeing how this is the hot topic of the moment, and a lot of the partisan shrills are jumping up and down because they can attack Obama over this while ignoring, or just blowing off the context of what i call "factual history".

These and other problems in the VA’s vast bureaucracy have been exposed in a sea of reports now gathering dust in congressional oversight committees that have failed to effectively address their findings.

So you have a bloated machine leaking "oil" everywhere and the mechanics ( congress) throwing their hands up in the air and saying " yeah thats a problem" and just stand there watching it.

and tiny flag pins make you patriotic.

Which seems is more of the same over the decades.

Let’s go back seven years ago, when Washington Post reporters — after exposing shockingly shabby, unhealthy conditions at Walter Reed Army Medical Center — found many of the same problems existed throughout the VA’s organization.

Oh we all remember Walter reed right? i remember all that outrage....oh wait..

I recall a more shocking situation when I was writing about GAO investigations in the 1970s and 1980s that told of higher-than-normal fatality rates in VA hospitals.

I dont remember Obama being President at the time.....By chance who was running things back then? Nixon, ford, carter and the saint Reagan.

So the reality is this has been an ongoing problem for decades that covers both the left and the right fairly decently. I know this wont stop the partisans from doing their typical low brow intelligence posting, but maybe this will sway a few people to just say " Hey this needs to stop and everyone is accountable.
I have said on other threads on this topic this didn't start with Obama and it didn't start with Bush it has been going on for a very long time but the shit hit the fan on it under Obama so he takes the hit for it that's just how politics goes if it had blown up under a Republican President he would be taking the hit for it.

It’s been going on for a great deal longer, too, as a mountain of Government Accountability Office audits can attest over many decades: Countless reports of medical mistreatment; dangerously lengthy delays for ill veterans seeking care; shocking mortality rates when compared with private-sector hospitals for similar surgeries; old, rundown facilities; and aged, broken medical equipment.

Seeing how this is the hot topic of the moment, and a lot of the partisan shrills are jumping up and down because they can attack Obama over this while ignoring, or just blowing off the context of what i call "factual history".

So you have a bloated machine leaking "oil" everywhere and the mechanics ( congress) throwing their hands up in the air and saying " yeah thats a problem" and just stand there watching it.

I recall a more shocking situation when I was writing about GAO investigations in the 1970s and 1980s that told of higher-than-normal fatality rates in VA hospitals.

I dont remember Obama being President at the time.....By chance who was running things back then? Nixon, ford, carter and the saint Reagan.

So the reality is this has been an ongoing problem for decades that covers both the left and the right fairly decently. I know this wont stop the partisans from doing their typical low brow intelligence posting, but maybe this will sway a few people to just say " Hey this needs to stop and everyone is accountable.
I have said on other threads on this topic this didn't start with Obama and it didn't start with Bush it has been going on for a very long time but the shit hit the fan on it under Obama so he takes the hit for it that's just how politics goes if it had blown up under a Republican President he would be taking the hit for it.

agreed. in the end regardless of how dumb some on the right is being over this. If things get better its a win.

These and other problems in the VA’s vast bureaucracy have been exposed in a sea of reports now gathering dust in congressional oversight committees that have failed to effectively address their findings.

Let’s go back seven years ago, when Washington Post reporters — after exposing shockingly shabby, unhealthy conditions at Walter Reed Army Medical Center — found many of the same problems existed throughout the VA’s organization.

Your mulatto messiah said this in 2007:

“Caring for those who serve – and for their families – is a fundamental responsibility of the Commander-in-Chief,” he added.

And in an extremely ironic statement, Mr. Obama went further: “It’s time for comprehensive reform. When I am President, building a 21st century VA to serve our veterans will be an equal priority to building a 21st century military to fight our wars. My Secretary of Veteran’s Affairs will be just as important as my Secretary of Defense. No more shortfalls – it’s time to fully fund the VA medical center. No more delays – it’s time to pass on-time VA budgets each and every year. No more means testing – it’s time to allow all veterans back into the VA. I will immediately reverse a policy that led the VA to turn away nearly 1 million middle and low-income veterans since 2003.”

Obama Campaigned Against VA Waiting Times, Care in 2007; Called Long Waiting Times ?Dishonorable? | PUNDIT PRESS

He has done nothing but provide lip service since he was elected, now tell the class, what has he done to prevent this from just being more of his lies?

Obama so he takes the hit for it that's just how politics goes if it had blown up under a Republican President he would be taking the hit for it.
Obama is taking a hit, and that's fine, he's in power and that's how it works, but let's work the problem not the politics, and the problems starts with - Not - Enough - Money! Even the whistle-blowers say so. Pay up and let's start fixing this damn thing. You promised to care for them and you aren't.

And what a terrific and patriotic way to put people back to work eh? Throw out the old crap. Tear down the old buildings. Bring in the new gear in new larger facilities and hire all the damn people you need. Then refine the process, cut the administration staff wherever possible, get this show on the road again for the next 60 years, since that's how long these guys will live given decent care. And all of that starts with doubling, yes that's right you heard me correctly, 2x on their funding, today, not in a five-year plan.

agreed. in the end regardless of how dumb some on the right is being over this. If things get better its a win.

Fair enough but let's be honest if a Republican President was in office right now certain segments of the left would be acting the same way.

He has done nothing but provide lip service since he was elected, now tell the class, what has he done to prevent this from just being more of his lies?

Don't be a partisan hack.

Your mulatto messiah said this in 2007:

“Caring for those who serve – and for their families – is a fundamental responsibility of the Commander-in-Chief,” he added.

And in an extremely ironic statement, Mr. Obama went further: “It’s time for comprehensive reform. When I am President, building a 21st century VA to serve our veterans will be an equal priority to building a 21st century military to fight our wars. My Secretary of Veteran’s Affairs will be just as important as my Secretary of Defense. No more shortfalls – it’s time to fully fund the VA medical center. No more delays – it’s time to pass on-time VA budgets each and every year. No more means testing – it’s time to allow all veterans back into the VA. I will immediately reverse a policy that led the VA to turn away nearly 1 million middle and low-income veterans since 2003.”

Obama Campaigned Against VA Waiting Times, Care in 2007; Called Long Waiting Times ?Dishonorable? | PUNDIT PRESS

outside of increasing funding? ( see Freewill's link) Looks like he didnt do much at all.

Yes, the reality is that the VA problems have been evident for decades, but your messiah said he intended to fix those probems, right after he stopped the oceans from rising, and cured the earth. Come to think of it, he hasn't done the first two either.

The House passed a measure that would have allowed Obama, or his minions, to go into the VA with a big axe and cut out the deadwood that has been stymieing change for all those decades Harry Reid killed it in the Senate.

All Obama and the Democrats will do is throw more money at the VA and hope that they can get through the next election on that note.

Fair enough but let's be honest if a Republican President was in office right now certain segments of the left would be acting the same way.

oh indeed...

Yes, the reality is that the VA problems have been evident for decades, but your messiah said he intended to fix those probems, right after he stopped the oceans from rising, and cured the earth. Come to think of it, he hasn't done the first two either.

The House passed a measure that would have allowed Obama, or his minions, to go into the VA with a big axe and cut out the deadwood that has been stymieing change for all those decades Harry Reid killed it in the Senate.

All Obama and the Democrats will do is throw more money at the VA and hope that they can get through the next election on that note.

seriously this is getting old...its like hive mind

Bush had wait times down to about 135 days, now they average 260, you got something more than an out of context chart.

Now answer my question, name anything maobama has done other than giving lip service?

BTW folks, for those who never served, it is not exactly news that service men and women like to bitch.

These words could only have been spoken by someone who has served, so thanks.

The Professor: Former radio/telegraph operator and member of Second ANGLICO (Air and Naval Gun Fire Liaison Company), United States Marine Corps.

Bush had wait times down to about 135 days, now they average 260, you got something more than an out of context chart.

Now answer my question, name anything maobama has done other than giving lip service?
Link it. And there was even more money in his budget, every year.

Last edited:
"Vet Groups Say VA Budget Underfunds Construction

Military.com Mar 05, 2014 | by Bryant Jordan

Veterans groups say the proposed 2015 Department of Veterans Affairs budget fails to address construction and maintenance needs at VA facilities across the country.

A statement issued on Tuesday jointly by authors of the Independent Budget -- a shadow VA budget developed by veterans groups based on what they believe the agency needs -- said proposed 2015 increases in health care and benefits services are appreciated.

"[But] we have concerns that the serious lack of commitment to infrastructure funding to support the system will undermine the VA's ability to deliver those services," the statement said. "Of great concern to the veterans groups is the serious underfunding of VA construction accounts."

Released early last month, the Independent Budget, authored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars, AMVETS, Disabled American Veterans and Paralyzed Veterans of America, said the VA manages and maintains more than 5,600 buildings and almost 34,000 acres of land with a facilities replacement value of approximately $45 billion.

While the VA has addressed a number of critical infrastructure gaps, more than 3,900 gaps remain that will cost between $54 and $66 billion to close, including $10 billion in activation costs, the group said.

The VA proposes to spend about $1.2 billion on construction projects next year, which is about $2.75 billion less than what the Independent Budget recommends.

Those same concerns are being voiced by The American Legion."
Vet Groups Say VA Budget Underfunds Construction | Military.com

Not relevant. The problems are with existing VA Hospitals. The care sucks. Building more facilities with shitty care solves nothing. There is a core quality of care issue at the VA.
Try reading my last post, ignoramus.

As I've said from the beginning, the quality of care from the VA is impeccable, the problems lie within the bureaucracy one has to muddle through to get that care.

The Obamacare rollout was a disaster because funding was limited and a substandard contractor was used for such a massive project.

Get rid of the appointed bureaucrats and replace them with administrative professionals with knowledge of the health are delivery system; then hire sufficient professional clerical healthcare workers on a temporary basis to clear the backlog of disability applications. And find the money to do it.

Here. I did it for you.

Americans won't pay up. The fact that they expect the situation, especially with so many new screwed up vets from our recent wars, to be anything different shows just what mental children they actually are. As usual, they want results without doing the hard work or paying for them.

They'll salute the flag, put the magnets on their cars, but not open their wallets.

its not really a money issue. Its dividing the funds properly in order to give those people the care they need. If that was being done and people where still being shorted, then you could say throw more money at it.

We've been fucking over our military since 1776.
Funny how liberals only defense of Obama is pointing to others having done it too.
Therefore it should be ignored to save their pathetic Messiah.

The OP is a fucking DORK

So, basically, it comes down to the fact that the government can't do anything right.

Didn't I already start a thread about this?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/355650-the-va-is-what-you-get-when-the-government-works.html

Americans won't pay up. The fact that they expect the situation, especially with so many new screwed up vets from our recent wars, to be anything different shows just what mental children they actually are. As usual, they want results without doing the hard work or paying for them.

They'll salute the flag, put the magnets on their cars, but not open their wallets.

its not really a money issue. Its dividing the funds properly in order to give those people the care they need. If that was being done and people where still being shorted, then you could say throw more money at it.

We've been fucking over our military since 1776.

It is not even about dividing the funds properly it is about the fact that bureaucrats are in charge.

Forum List

Back