The VA "scandal" in context

Link it. And there was even more money in his budget, every year.

Every federal agency gets more money every year even the sequester just slowed the growth, it didn't reverse it. Now back to my link, did you bother to read the promises he hasn't bothered to fulfill?

You must be confused, Politifact rated Obama's promise to make the Veterans Administration a national leader in health reform as kept in 2012.

BoNNO48CMAAzagm.png

They changed that now, of course. Do you think it will be the lie of the year this year?

The electronic records were there years before your dear leader even thought of running for senate. And the VA has been a leader in research for decades and just a little tidbit for ya, the VA invented the bar coded patient bracelet. He simple made some promises to do things that were already being done.

Now how about you address his promise to eliminate means testing and the other things in the article.

Last edited:
Every federal agency gets more money every year even the sequester just slowed the growth, it didn't reverse it. Now back to my link, did you bother to read the promises he hasn't bothered to fulfill?

You must be confused, Politifact rated Obama's promise to make the Veterans Administration a national leader in health reform as kept in 2012.

BoNNO48CMAAzagm.png

They changed that now, of course. Do you think it will be the lie of the year this year?

The electronic records were there years before your dear leader even thought of running for senate. And the VA has been a leader in research for decands and just a little tidbit for ya, the VA invented the bar coded patient bracelet. He simple made some promises to do things that were already being done.

Now how about you address his promise to eliminate means testing and the other things in the article.

Did you read the part of my post that came after the screenshot of a rating that no longer exist on Politifact site? Did you confuse me with somebody else?

These words could only have been spoken by someone who has served, so thanks.

The Professor: Former radio/telegraph operator and member of Second ANGLICO (Air and Naval Gun Fire Liaison Company), United States Marine Corps.

Thanks for your service Professor. I served pretty much the whole of the VietNam war so you can just imagine the bitchin'.

Freewill: Former Machinist Mate first class SSBN 633

You were a boomer? They tried to get me to volunteer while I was in school in Orlando, but going out in something designed to shink didn't appeal to me.

We did bitch a lot though.

QW Former Electronics Technician First Class CGN-35.

Actually people in general like to bitch. The guys were I work(ed) have it made but one would think they were whipped.

Thanks for your service QW.

I signed up to be an ET and it all changed when I signed up for the nuclear program. They changed it.

I don't get anything from the VA. I guess I can get a head stone.

Last edited:
Thanks for your service Professor. I served pretty much the whole of the VietNam war so you can just imagine the bitchin'.

Freewill: Former Machinist Mate first class SSBN 633

You were a boomer? They tried to get me to volunteer while I was in school in Orlando, but going out in something designed to shink didn't appeal to me.

Actually people in general like to bitch. The guys were I work(ed) have it made but one would think they were whipped.

I signed up to be an ET and it all changed when I signed up for the nuclear program. They changed it.

I had it guaranteed in my contract. They bitched and moaned about it while I was in boot camp, they kept telling me that the recruiter couldn't promise me that, the only rating they could promise to nukes was MM. I don't know how they rationalized it, but I was put on the waiting list for ET school after BE/E and got assigned to watch the computers at night. That was the best duty I had in the Navy, I got a private room in the barracks because of my shift hours, worked 30 hours a week, and was free the rest of the time.

In the interest of full disclosure, once I got to reactor training, and saw how it was more about following the manual than actually fixing things, I ended up opting out of the program. I know how you hard worked at your job, I wouldn't want to take any of that away from you by claiming I did the same thing. I worked top side and loved it, especially when something really weird happened. The division was filled with people who also opted out, one of them after he did a couple years as a reactor operator on a fast attack boat. We really did a lot of bitching about being stuck on a nuke ship, but we were all proud of the Tommy T.

I don't use the VA either, and my friends don't get why. Not sure how to explain it, other than I think that other people need the limited resources more than I do because I have no service related disabilities.

Last edited:

I had it guaranteed in my contract. They bitched and moaned about it while I was in boot camp, they kept telling me that the recruiter couldn't promise me that, the only rating they could promise to nukes was MM. I don't know how they rationalized it, but I was put on the waiting list for ET school after BE/E and got assigned to watch the computers at night. That was the best duty I had in the Navy, I got a private room in the barracks because of my shift hours, worked 30 hours a week, and was free the rest of the time.

In the interest of full disclosure, once I got to reactor training, and saw how it was more about following the manual than actually fixing things, I ended up opting out of the program. I know how you hard worked at your job, I wouldn't want to take any of that away from you by claiming I did the same thing. I worked top side and loved it, especially when something really weird happened. The division was filled with people who also opted out, one of them after he did a couple years as a reactor operator on a fast attack boat. We really did a lot of bitching about being stuck on a nuke ship, but we were all proud of the Tommy T.

I don't use the VA either, and my friends don't get why. Not sure how to explain it, other than I think that other people need the limited resources more than I do because I have no service related disabilities.

In the end I am glad they changed my rate I don't mind working. (that was a dig at ETs) When I went to leave for book camp they discovered that the score I had on the entrence exam was wrong and they asked if I wanted to take more tests. So I did and they asked me what I wanted to be and I said ET and they said OK, then they asked about the nuclear program and I said I wanted to be an ET. They said that I could be both. I said OK. After boot camp I was sent to MM school. For a month I did chow hall duty in the scullery. During boot camp I missed the week when the guys went to the scullery to work, they put me in a typing office during Christmas with nothing to do. So we would go see movies during the day sleep in and then bitch at the guys getting up early to go to the scullery. Good times. The duty after boot camp turned out to be far worse.

One of the reasons I don't use the VA is that I am not eligible and I would bet neither are you.

I used to volunteer to man the mooring lines when we came back to port for my maneuvering watch. Even at first class I would join the new guys because I loved being one of the first ones out. Funny how bad fresh air smells, at first.

Last edited:

BoNNO48CMAAzagm.png

The electronic records were there years before your dear leader even thought of running for senate. And the VA has been a leader in research for decands and just a little tidbit for ya, the VA invented the bar coded patient bracelet. He simple made some promises to do things that were already being done.

Did you read the part of my post that came after the screenshot of a rating that no longer exist on Politifact site? Did you confuse me with somebody else?

I guess I did, sorry about that. plasmabull and et al seem to be avoiding a link I posted. Sorry about that .

In the end I am glad they changed my rate I don't mind working. (that was a dig at ETs) When I went to leave for book camp they discovered that the score I had on the entrence exam was wrong and they asked if I wanted to take more tests. So I did and they asked me what I wanted to be and I said ET and they said OK, then they asked about the nuclear program and I said I wanted to be an ET. They said that I could be both. I said OK. After boot camp I was sent to MM school. For a month I did chow hall duty in the scullery. During boot camp I missed the week when the guys went to the scullery to work, they put me in a typing office during Christmas with nothing to do. So we would go see movies during the day sleep in and then bitch at the guys getting up early to go to the scullery. Good times. The duty after boot camp turned out to be far worse.

One of the reasons I don't use the VA is that I am not eligible and I would bet neither are you.

I used to volunteer to man the mooring lines when we came back to port for my maneuvering watch. Even at first class I would join the new guys because I loved being one of the first ones out. Funny how bad fresh air smells, at first.

You think watching gauges and pushing buttons isn't work?

I can understand wanting to get out after a cruise, I sill remember how the ground wouldn't stay still after we were out to sea a few days.

You think watching gauges and pushing buttons isn't work?

I can understand wanting to get out after a cruise, I sill remember how the ground wouldn't stay still after we were out to sea a few days.

Hell if they made ETs push buttons they would have formed a damn union! :lol:

We had one patrol in the North Atlantic where we spent most of the time at about 150' doing 20 degree rolls. Not sure we could have launched a missile if we had to so I am not sure what we were doing there. Sea temperature was 28 degrees. Broke every cup in the galley. 1/2 the crew got sea sick the other 1/2 tortured them. But you had to be careful the sick side carried puke cups.

Americans won't pay up. The fact that they expect the situation, especially with so many new screwed up vets from our recent wars, to be anything different shows just what mental children they actually are. As usual, they want results without doing the hard work or paying for them.

They'll salute the flag, put the magnets on their cars, but not open their wallets.

The majority of vets going to the VA are Korean and Vietnam war vets.

you are a retard...go away before you hurt yourself trying to think beyond a 1st grade level.
I dont want to see a hospital burdened with having to treat you, when they could be saving someone who's worth saving.

context matters and this problem has been on going for a long, long time.
So why doesn't this president do something about it, retard?

He's trying to, but the funding has to come from Congress, and the GOP isn't going to do anything that may result in making PBO look good.

Lots of Republicans say they support the troops, but this is yet another example of Congress and the rabid right using political rhetoric to block yet something else Obama would like to fix.

The problem is the VA managers doctor the books in order to get large bonuses. And, since they belong to the union, they cannot be fired. Obama won't do a damned thing but talk about it. VA employees belong to a public service union and Obama needs the campaign dollars they donate for his fellow Democrats elections.

More funding for the VA would merely allow them to give each other larger bonuses for gaming the system since they know there won't be fired or punished in any way.

Forum List

Back