The US Navy thought Kerry a hero and gave him medals

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
That Texas Air National Guard thought shrub an insubordinate rich boy that had powers beyond their own and gave him an Honorable Discharge when he refused to continue to participate. I suppose they were glad to get rid of him.

One actually served while the other pretended. That's not uncommon. It goes on everywhere, even today. The National Guard and Reserve forces of this day and age of all-volunteer forces should not be confused with the forces of the Viet Nam era when deferments or National Guard or Reserve service were considered one and the same.

Certainly there were heroes among the National Guard and Reserve components then. They generally made a career within their civilian careers as Guardsmen and Reservists. Many, in fact most that joined in that dangerous era, got out at first opportunity and should not in any way be considered "heroes". They simply took advantage of the opportunities they had to avoid direct combat or otherwise involvement in a war. In the case of the shrub, he overstepped several hundred on the waiting list and even then exposed a derilection of duty, in this old soldier's opinion as well as known facts of his overstepping..

Republicans like to go on and on about a sense of duty then retreat when it becomes their own sense of duty. That's not uncommon either, even today.

Argue on about Kerry's medals. At least he earned a few. Shrub, on the other hand, is still trying to prove he went to an Air Force dental clinic in Alabama to prove he was somehow serving his country. It's laughable.

How do we know Kerry earned them? The Purple Heart especially is one of the most abused medals earned in the US military. ANY blood drawn by what is considerd hostile fire can technically recieve one. I believe the good Senator recieved a PH for a wound treated with a small dressing at a medic ststion. Hardly what I would call a serious wound.... or proof of any particular level of heoism.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
That Texas Air National Guard thought shrub an insubordinate rich boy that had powers beyond their own and gave him an Honorable Discharge when he refused to continue to participate. I suppose they were glad to get rid of him.

One actually served while the other pretended. That's not uncommon. It goes on everywhere, even today. The National Guard and Reserve forces of this day and age of all-volunteer forces should not be confused with the forces of the Viet Nam era when deferments or National Guard or Reserve service were considered one and the same.

Certainly there were heroes among the National Guard and Reserve components then. They generally made a career within their civilian careers as Guardsmen and Reservists. Many, in fact most that joined in that dangerous era, got out at first opportunity and should not in any way be considered "heroes". They simply took advantage of the opportunities they had to avoid direct combat or otherwise involvement in a war. In the case of the shrub, he overstepped several hundred on the waiting list and even then exposed a derilection of duty, in this old soldier's opinion as well as known facts of his overstepping..

Republicans like to go on and on about a sense of duty then retreat when it becomes their own sense of duty. That's not uncommon either, even today.

Argue on about Kerry's medals. At least he earned a few. Shrub, on the other hand, is still trying to prove he went to an Air Force dental clinic in Alabama to prove he was somehow serving his country. It's laughable.

Kerry wants to have it both ways. He wanted to be mr. anti america when it was popular, now he wants to deny that position. He's a lying little bitch, with lying little bitch supporters.

Kerry is a traitorous worm. The only thing laughable here is the pathetic dolt who started this thread.

No shit, j. "I'm Psychoblues. I'm big and important!"

Why are you such an idiot then? I fear for our nation.

Kerry just needs the public to continue focusing on his tour in Vietnam, because everything he has done since has sucked.

If the greatest accomplishment a candidate for President in 2004 has, was something he did in 1972; perhaps he's not most qualified candidate.

Go ahead and assume he did wonderful in Vietnam.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
No branch of service just hands out silver and bronze stars.

Nor do I think any branch of service was in vietnam murdering, raping & torturing citizens as John Kerry stated. Nor do I think the National Guard ever labeled Bush as insubordinate as Psicko claims. Nor do I thin Bush pretended as Psicko claimed. Nor do I think Bush refused to participate as Psicko claimed.

This isn't only about Kerry, it's about a bunghole that blatantly makes up lies and tries to pass them off as fact.

Jim, I agree that no branch of service was committing crimes in vietnam, as a whole, but my uncle has told me stories of INDIVIDUALS, i stress that word, who seriously crossed the line. Usually the matter was handled with a good squad beating.

To be truthful, I don't know much about what John Kerry has said regarding the matter, simply because I don't care what john kerry says, but thats just me.

I know, DK. My references were to the low IQ beanhead that started this thread. Voicing dissent against your government is one thing, voicing lies is a whole different story. Psycho has a LONG history of making shit up, passing it off as fact, and then refusing to cite sources for the ridiclous garbage he spouts here. His credibility was lost long, long ago.

If the Navy awarded Kerry the medals, why did he throw them at the White House lawn? Seems to me that Kerry no longer wanted those medals. Why, then, does he keep falling back on how proud he was of his Vietnam service?

"No branch of service just hands out silver and bronze stars."

Sorry DK, you're only partially correct. Having served in RVN for two tours in '67-'68 and again in '70, I can tell you that the bronze star was, in most cases, nothing more than a certificate of attendance.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
No branch of service just hands out silver and bronze stars.

Well, not 100% true. I have met some folk who had Bronze Stars for the flimsiest reasons you could imagine. I wanted to smack em in the head with a crutch. The SOB had one for surviving the SCUD attacks! He was a friggin mail clerk in Saudi!

WoW!!!!!!! You jerks go from simply shooting the messenger to actually diminishing the meaning of the medals and heroism they represent. Hypocrisy at it's worst, in my honest opinion.

WoW!!!!!!! You jerks go from simply shooting the messenger to actually diminishing the meaning of the medals and heroism they represent. Hypocrisy at it's worst, in my honest opinion.

And your candidate is a liar, sir! Good day to you!

And you're an idiot, in my honest opinion.

As you have defended in the past, jimnyc, opinion is entitled. Now how, if it is possible, can you controvert my argument beyond slander and innuendo?

As you have defended in the past, jimnyc, opinion is entitled. Now how, if it is possible, can you controvert my argument beyond slander and innuendo?

Yes, and my opinion is that you are an old drunken fool who deals in nothing more than propaganda and rhetoric. You've been proven wrong countless times on this board. When called upon to provide sources for your outlandish claims you out and out refuse. You have no credibility.

How was the bar scene this evening, Cap'n Drunkard?

Although your ridiculous accusations are noted, I must point out that I've never been proven by any definition wrong on this board. I've heard of lot of disagreement and suffered plenty of personal attacks but any question that I've ever raised here remains just that, a guestion. I find it universal that it's really hard to defend warmongering, lying by national representatives, purely partisan argument and personal attack to the expense of situational truth. In my opinion, at least so far, I think you capable of that discernment. If not, I apologize the indulgence.

And again, for the 3rd time this evening, why don't you go back to the retarded thread you started about how the veterans don't support Bush?

Let me give you some friendly advice, stop mixing whiskey with your meds.

Forum List

Back