The US Navy thought Kerry a hero and gave him medals

I'm still waiting for the answer to why Vietnam, the focus of the original post in this thread, is relevant today?

John Kerry was in country for four months and earned five medals. Why is that an important piece of information with regards to his bid for the Presidency?

Is it because we are at war now?

If that is so, perhaps what is more relevant is how Kerry thinks we should wage the current war we are in. As best as I can tell, he wants to wage it in a fashion similar to the previous administration.

Is it your impression that that is his plan? Do you think that is a good idea?

Perhaps how he thinks we should wage this war is even more relevant to what he thought about Vietnam after he got home. But has his opinion of how the United States should flex it's military muscle abroad changed much over the past three decades?

No, not incredibly so. He still thinks we are wrong and he still thinks the U.N. should be in charge.

If, god forbid, he became President would he be in command of a swift boat on a river in southeast Asia or would he be in charge of making foreign policy for the Unites States?

So I ask again, why is John Kerry's Vietnam service relevant?

What I dont get about the Democrat revist to the Vietnam issue is this: Why on earth do they want to remind Americans of a war Democrats screwed up? Isnt the point of their efforts to show Democrats are strong on military matters? How does continually reminding people about a war Kennedy and Johnson got us into and lost help convince us they are strong on defense?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
WoW!!!!!!! You jerks go from simply shooting the messenger to actually diminishing the meaning of the medals and heroism they represent. Hypocrisy at it's worst, in my honest opinion.

I fail to see how pointing out that anything, including medals for valor, can be abused, and in my opinion, were in the case of Senator Kerry. 3 PH, SS and BS in a few months? None the worse for wear as far as his ability to function? I do have my doubts, but until concrete proof is brought forward showing the medals were given to a less than deserving individual, they are just that, personal opinions. For those that have honestly earned the medals, I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration. Do not confuse misuse with the diminishing of the medals. You tread dangerous ground there.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
What I dont get about the Democrat revist to the Vietnam issue is this: Why on earth do they want to remind Americans of a war Democrats screwed up? Isnt the point of their efforts to show Democrats are strong on military matters? How does continually reminding people about a war Kennedy and Johnson got us into and lost help convince us they are strong on defense?

That is of course because the left wing has already been very successfull in rewriting history so that many of the ignorant think of Vietnam as 'Nixon's War' and therefore a Republican debacle.

It is interesting though that all of the questions I asked have remained unanswered by this thread's originator....

Originally posted by Zhukov
It is interesting though that all of the questions I asked have remained unanswered by this thread's originator....

That's because Psycho rarely answers such questions. Instead, he chides you with lines like "Don't tell me you really don't believe that" or "Quit being such a drag, Democrats rule! Can you dig it??"

Forum List

Back