The United States of Inequality

How often does one have to explain the difference between "created equal" and "being equal"?

Honest to God, Charlie. You should be smart enough to recognize the difference.

How often does one have to explain the difference between "created equal" and "being equal"?

Your question is not relevant to the topic of the thread. Show me how and where it fits and I'll respond.

Last edited:

Your question is not relevant to the topic of the thread. Show me how and where it fits and i'll respond.

It's completely relevant to any discussion of inequality. But, then again, we wouldn't expect you to understand the notion of inherent equality vs. outcomes.

Drop two objects of the same size and mass from the same height, one will hit the ground before the other.. for a variety of reasons. However.. they are inherently equal.

Why is it the far right doesn't want to address the reality of the record wealth gap? It just doesn't make sense for an ideology that rightfully expounds capitalism
Isn't it true that around 70% of our economy is driven by consumer spending? Isn't also true that the middle class makes up a majority of the consumer class? Isn't it true that despite the fact that productivity has been strong and profts have been good, wages have been flat for the last tens years? Isn't it true that the majority of the middle class have lost expendable income because of flat wages? Exactly how can the US economy driven economy sustain itself if the middle class can't contribute enough to drive our economy? How can a supply and demand scenario work when there is no demand because of limitations of expendable income? Who exactly determines wages, what economic class do they represent?
I've asked this question hundreds of times on various forums and I have yet to see a viable amswers.
If a person believes in capitalism, the wealth gap should be a major long-term concern to them.

Why we can't ignore growing income inequality. (1) - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/opinion/07kristof.html?_r=1

And you shameless monkeys still want tax cuts for the richest 2% to continue ignoring that they already have a substantial amount of the nation's wealth.

So how does this justify raising taxes on just them?

Why do you hate all rich people? Assuming you're black. Wouldn't you have first hand knowledge of what it's like being hated for ignorant reasons?

Why is it the far right doesn't want to address the reality of the record wealth gap? It just doesn't make sense for an ideology that rightfully expounds capitalism
Isn't it true that around 70% of our economy is driven by consumer spending? Isn't also true that the middle class makes up a majority of the consumer class? Isn't it true that despite the fact that productivity has been strong and profts have been good, wages have been flat for the last tens years? Isn't it true that the majority of the middle class have lost expendable income because of flat wages? Exactly how can the US economy driven economy sustain itself if the middle class can't contribute enough to drive our economy? How can a supply and demand scenario work when there is no demand because of limitations of expendable income? Who exactly determines wages, what economic class do they represent?
I've asked this question hundreds of times on various forums and I have yet to see a viable amswers.
If a person believes in capitalism, the wealth gap should be a major long-term concern to them.

Shh, speaking about inequality is Marxism and class warfare. You must hate America!

:cuckoo:

How can you dumb monkeys come up with the ad-hominem "class envy" excuse when a super rich 1% has control over a quarter of the country's wealth? If you don't fall up under that 1% what the hell are you yelling class envy for? You'd rather tax cuts go to these people so they can have even more control yet complain and moan about the government taking away from you? What is it that these 1% are doing for *YOU* that is so good that makes you defend and protect them and demonize the government? Think about it again in clear terms you deluded monkeys, 1% owns 25% of the country's wealth, if you advocate for tax cuts for these morons thats going to be less money in the pot for *YOU* to have.

Sure it is. How can they make more and more if we don't have money to spend? Thier money must come from some where.

How would increasing taxes on them help anything except the government?

Forum List

Back