Oh my... Paging Darrell Issa…

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
(Washington Examiner)- Through a Freedom of Information Act request, Judicial Watch has obtained Justice Department emails that seem to contradict sworn testimony by Thomas Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division. In testimony before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, Perez asserted that none of Justice’s political leadership had anything to do with the in the decision to stop pursuing voter intimidation charges against the New Black Panthers seen standing in front of a polling place in Philadelphia brandishing weapons during the 2008 election.
The new documents include a series of emails between two political appointees: former Democratic election lawyer and current Deputy Associate Attorney General Sam Hirsch and Associate Attorney General Thomas Perrelli. Both DOJ officials were involved in detailed discussions regarding the NBPP decision. For example, in one April 30, 2009, email from Hirsch to Perrelli, with the subject title “Fw: New Black Panther Party Update,” Hirsch writes:
Tom,
I need to discuss this with you tomorrow morning. I’ll send you another email on this shortly.
If you want to discuss it this evening, please let me know which number to call and when.
These emails were put in further context by an updated Vaughn index obtained by Judicial Watch, describing NBPP documents the Obama DOJ continues to withhold. These documents, which were attached to the DOJ’s Motion for Summary Judgment filing, include a description of a May 13 email chain that seems to suggest political appointee Sam Hirsch may have been orchestrating the NBPP decision.
Acting DAAG [Steven Rosenbaum] advising his supervising Acting AAG [Loretta King] of DASG’s [Hirsch’s] request for a memorandum by the Acting DAAG reviewing various options, legal strategies, and different proposals of relief as related to each separate defendant. Acting DAAG forwarding emails from Appellate Section Chief’s and Appellate Attorney’s with their detailed legal analyses including the application of constitutional provisions and judicial precedent to strategies and relief under consideration in the ongoing NBPP litigation, as well as an assessment of the strength of potential legal arguments, and presenting different possible scenarios in the litigation.
Rest here>>>

It is an open and obvious secret that this politicized Justice Dept is giving a pass to blocs that support Obama and will prosecute those who don't.
It's the Chicago Way.

I haven't researched the merits of this NBPP stuff, but if you do some research on the Justice Department I think you'll find an alarming trend.

They are basically here to bend the law to protect the government.

Wasn't OK under Bush, isn't OK now, won't be OK soon.

Yep..one of these things is bound to get President Obama impeached.

In lieu of an affair with an intern.

Keep digging Issa.

[/sarcasm]

Yup, this a couple of weeks ago too. Holder should have to answer for it, its his shop. It does deserve an investigation but Obama is not involved except on the periphery at this point, if the investigation formally outs what appears to have taken place, Holder IF he didn't know, cans those that lied. IF he knew, he gets canned. THEN Obama is involved.

Quick..get Mulder and Scully on the case.

This ought to be HUGE!

There's a vast conspiracy of about 2 or 3 guys..in um..black kmart jumpsuits..and um..berets or something.

Get on the case. Ought to be worth millions in investigation dollars!

Quick..get Mulder and Scully on the case.

This ought to be HUGE!

There's a vast conspiracy of about 2 or 3 guys..in um..black kmart jumpsuits..and um..berets or something.

Get on the case. Ought to be worth millions in investigation dollars!

absolutely maybe we need a special prosecutor? who revived that horror show?

Forum List

Back