The United States Is Hated Or Feared

mattskramer posted:

An old, thin lady approached my car while I was at a stop light. I suspected that she might want money for drugs or alcohol. She asked me for some change. I did not have time to investigate her and confirm how she would spend my money. I went ahead and gave her a dollar and merely asked that she spend it carefully. Was it wasted or used wisely? I will never know.

I respect you for your generosity matts, but I'm afraid you wasted your money.:eusa_whistle:

Did I miss how our international aid was spent? Was it in one of the links that was posted? Even if other nations (or people within those nations) wasted our donations, doesn’t it follow that they also wasted the money that other nations gave. That does not negate the fact that, per capita, the USA gives very little. I contend that it should follow the examples of other nations when it comes to giving as a measure of what it can give.

I still contend that the USA should contribute more than it does in foreign aid and use per capita as a measure. I’m reminded of the widow’s mite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesson_of_the_widow's_mite

Witnessing the donations made by the rich men, Jesus highlights how a poor widow donates only two mites, the least valuable coins available at the time. But, Jesus observes, this sum was everything she had to her name, while the other people give only a small portion of their own wealth.

An old, thin lady approached my car while I was at a stop light. I suspected that she might want money for drugs or alcohol. She asked me for some change. I did not have time to investigate her and confirm how she would spend my money. I went ahead and gave her a dollar and merely asked that she spend it carefully. Was it wasted or used wisely? I will never know.

Can you freakin' read? Add up government and private from US. Other nations not even close. Are their governments giving more, percentage wise? Hard to tell. Where do governments get the money they 'give away?' Well, pretty much up to this point, the US has low taxes for a first world country. The people have more to give and do.

What I mentioned was you should look at how the money was spent for tsunami relief. I went through some while looking for all the above. I don't want to try and go with your nitpicking anymore tonight.

Face it, first you put up a totally bogus essay, that you must assume that everyone here is as easily swayed as your project yourself to be. Only Doniston and that one other guy, that seems to think we should all be taxed at 85% and then maybe we can have a fair distribution of resources.

Now there's an idea!

That depends on what the difference would be per person. Among other things, I give blood. I volunteer at Caritas & Habitat for Humanity. I donate goods to Goodwill. Much of my charity goes outside the USA via “Christian Children’s Fund”, “Americares”, and the “International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies”. I don’t know how much of my time and money I spend of Charity work after taxes but I think that, all things considered, I give my share.

Can you freakin' read? Add up government and private from US. Other nations not even close. Are their governments giving more, percentage wise? Hard to tell. Where do governments get the money they 'give away?' Well, pretty much up to this point, the US has low taxes for a first world country. The people have more to give and do.

What I mentioned was you should look at how the money was spent for tsunami relief. I went through some while looking for all the above. I don't want to try and go with your nitpicking anymore tonight.

Face it, first you put up a totally bogus essay, that you must assume that everyone here is as easily swayed as your project yourself to be. Only Doniston and that one other guy, that seems to think we should all be taxed at 85% and then maybe we can have a fair distribution of resources.

The essay is not bogus. I can back up each part of it.

We should pay per capita, as much as other nations give. We give very little, per capita, when compared to other nations.

That depends on what the difference would be per person. Among other things, I give blood. I volunteer at Caritas & Habitat for Humanity. I donate goods to Goodwill. Much of my charity goes outside the USA via “Christian Children’s Fund”, “Americares”, and the “International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies”. I don’t know how much of my time and money I spend of Charity work after taxes but I think that, all things considered, I give my share.

As do I and many, many others. Now Matts, here's the thing I think it's important that I help my own kids out. I had my parents living with me for over 7 years, sick. I think that I should be able to shirt 'my share' onto you and your wife. I don't think you have kids yet, your a heck of a lot younger. I also think your share should be markedly increase, you have the resources. There are many poor Americans that can't give their share, they don't have it, so tell you what, just put yours up another 15% or so. Thanks.

The essay is not bogus. I can back up each part of it.

We should pay per capita, as much as other nations give. We give very little, per capita, when compared to other nations.

Prove that. Include government % and private %. Thanks for that.

As do I and many, many others. Now Matts, here's the thing I think it's important that I help my own kids out. I had my parents living with me for over 7 years, sick. I think that I should be able to shirt 'my share' onto you and your wife. I don't think you have kids yet, your a heck of a lot younger. I also think your share should be markedly increase, you have the resources. There are many poor Americans that can't give their share, they don't have it, so tell you what, just put yours up another 15% or so. Thanks.

For me to give 15 percent more of my resources than I do now, after taxes and basic necessities, - would be nearly a mathematical impossibility.

I've read it. I'm sorry, just not into conspiracy theories. This is way out there. LaRouche has always seen the 'elite' conspiracy.

Here is a fact to support the claim. We invade afghan. all of a sudden there is cheese. You watch what happens now that W. jr. has just recently opened trade routes to peru. In about a month or two the U.S. is going to be inundated with Cocaine again.
It does not take a genius to figure out that drug trafficing is BIG BIG money. If we really wanted to stop drugs in the U.S., we would. If we really wanted to stop illegal allians comming into this country, we would.
Isn't it funny how someone gets busted with lets say $20.00 worth of a controlled substance, he gets a lighter sentence for giving up his conection but still pays a large sum of money. The person he snitches on that has $100.00 worth of the controlled substance also gets a lighter sentence for giviing up his connection and pays a butt load of money to the court system. And on and on and on it goes, but rarely do you hear about the multi kilo bust. Why, because the cops and the feds and everyone else turns their heads because it is big business and big money.Or they take the payoff. Our economy used to be valued on Gold and silver and the like. Gold is what 6 or 8 hundred an ounce and cocaine is about 2k an ounce. pretty simple math if you ask me.

For me to give 15 percent more of my resources than I do now, after taxes and basic necessities, - would be nearly a mathematical impossibility.

What, you are giving like 60% now? Really, there are warm places that the government can provide. Others aren't as fortunate as you. Go ahead, take one for the world team! Go Matt!

Here is a fact to support the claim. We invade afghan. all of a sudden there is cheese. You watch what happens now that W. jr. has just recently opened trade routes to peru. In about a month or two the U.S. is going to be inundated with Cocaine again.
It does not take a genius to figure out that drug trafficing is BIG BIG money. If we really wanted to stop drugs in the U.S., we would. If we really wanted to stop illegal allians comming into this country, we would.
Isn't it funny how someone gets busted with lets say $20.00 worth of a controlled substance, he gets a lighter sentence for giving up his conection but still pays a large sum of money. The person he snitches on that has $100.00 worth of the controlled substance also gets a lighter sentence for giviing up his connection and pays a butt load of money to the court system. And on and on and on it goes, but rarely do you hear about the multi kilo bust. Why, because the cops and the feds and everyone else turns their heads because it is big business and big money.Or they take the payoff. Our economy used to be valued on Gold and silver and the like. Gold is what 6 or 8 hundred an ounce and cocaine is about 2k an ounce. pretty simple math if you ask me.

As I said and no disrespect is meant, once you go down there, there is no stopping. It's everywhere. Ask eots.

As I said and no disrespect is meant, once you go down there, there is no stopping. It's everywhere. Ask eots.

This is all childs play. I thought everyone knew this. Its like a commonly known thing. We knew our govt. was corrupt along time ago. This exact understanding happened like 20 years ago. I can't believe there are still people that don't know about this or don't believe it.

This is all childs play. I thought everyone knew this. Its like a commonly known thing. We knew our govt. was corrupt along time ago. This exact understanding happened like 20 years ago. I can't believe there are still people that don't know about this or don't believe it.

You need new kool aid.

and you need some new arguments can you imagine rgs as a investigator or journalist? anything that had not been on fox or required there to be a group of individuals committing nefarious acts in secret would be written off as conspiracy theory and met with lame jokes about mental illness

Ya know what? I don't watch Television news, haven't since around 2001 or so. I love when you retards accuse me of watching Fox or being controlled by them. The one with no argument is you " everyone is in on it" guys.

Never any evidence, never any facts, just your " they did it" garbage. Better move again Eots the men in black uniforms with black helicopters are getting closer.

What, you are giving like 60% now? Really, there are warm places that the government can provide. Others aren't as fortunate as you. Go ahead, take one for the world team! Go Matt!

This is getting silly and a bit personal but if you want to know the truth. My wife and I, combined, manage to make less than 20,000 per year. We have only $3000 in savings for emergency purposes. We are disciplined and not in debt, but after we pay our monthly mortgage on a small house, our car payment, our grocery bill, and my college tuition, (I messed up at my previous job and am trying to better myself by going back to school. I’m working at temporary labor assignments around town as is my wife while I attend college full time.) we barely have enough time and money for anything else. Yet we enjoy doing charity work and giving to charity when we can. It is as if we are giving our “widow’s mite” and practically can’t afford to give any more, so give me a freaking break and cut me some slack will ya?

Oh. I forgot to mention medication and medical care that we pay for my wife’s “congestive heart failure” treatment. She was diagnosed with it about a year ago but is coming through just fine. Those medical bills are – wow!

Who cares if it made her happy. Good for you.

This is getting silly and a bit personal but if you want to know the truth. My wife and I, combined, manage to make less than 20,000 per year. We have only $3000 in savings for emergency purposes. We are disciplined and not in debt, but after we pay our monthly mortgage on a small house, our car payment, our grocery bill, and my college tuition, (I messed up at my previous job and am trying to better myself by going back to school. I’m working at temporary labor assignments around town as is my wife while I attend college full time.) we barely have enough time and money for anything else. Yet we enjoy doing charity work and giving to charity when we can. It is as if we are giving our “widow’s mite” and practically can’t afford to give any more, so give me a freaking break and cut me some slack will ya?

I really was trying to make you see what you are continually implying others should do, both here and for 'foreign aid.' I understand that your family has a down period, believe it or not so do most at various times. Which is why it would be total hubris for me to say what you should give or 'what America' should do. Like you do in post after post, topic after topic. Keep in mind that whatever the 'government gives' is coming out of every citizens' pocket.

Not everyone in the US does what you and your wife do or what I do or what my kids do, etc., etc. Most people in 3rd world countries are unable to do more than survive, we can. We DO, (granted some don't, many do even more in time and/or money than you or I).

I really can't find stats of GDP for countries and % they give to others. Really, I don't care and I'm not 'heartless.' Which is often how you portray all but yourself, again thread after thread. I do know that I give more than $200 to Red Cross/Salvation Army. I give to all the missions from my school. I dropped over $100 over Christmas to Salvation Army. I bought 2 new toys for Toys for Tots. I put in at least 15 hours per month at local PADS center for homeless/needy. I teach ESL at the library once a week. I have 3 kids, a mortgage and make about $30k per year. My pension will suck. I'm within 15 years of retirement. You and I aren't the exception, we are the rule.

I think you really should consider how you make others feel when you post some of the things you do, while meaning to do good. I also think you should consider how the stats we get from 'federal foreign aid' do NOT include private charities, including missionaries, donations to charities. It also does not include services rendered and foods delivered by our armed forces, (consider that amount regarding the tsunamis). We are not a bad people and the rest of the world is not 'better' because they have less.

Forum List

Back