the United negro college fund is racist.

So Marty has laid out the solution. The United Negro College fund must accept all whites no matter grades, accomplishments etc in order to be "fair". So grab the drop outs and give them a scholarship and if you dont, Marty says you're racist because he doesnt know what the word means

Stop typing for me, you dime-store hack.

The UNCF can do what it pleases, and it does good work. What I'm trying to point out is that if there was a UECF, people would be protesting them, boycotting them, and probably suing them.

Are you also upset over scholarships that are only offered to men?

Which ones? Considering Title IX requires and equal # for women in college sports, I don't think that's where you are going.
Scholarships For Men - Scholarships By Type - College Scholarships - Financial Aid - Scholarships.com

Interesting, however are these balanced out or even exceeded by scholarships only for women?
No idea. The thing is, they exist. Is it sexist? Is giving scholarships to Latins, Asians, Blacks, etc. racist? How about scholarships to Christians, Jews, Muslims? Bigoted?

Its not the GIVING, its the EXCLUDING.
Okay! So giving scholarships only to men is excluding and therefore wrong.

Thanks!

So Marty has laid out the solution. The United Negro College fund must accept all whites no matter grades, accomplishments etc in order to be "fair". So grab the drop outs and give them a scholarship and if you dont, Marty says you're racist because he doesnt know what the word means

The UNCF can do what it pleases, and it does good work. What I'm trying to point out is that if there was a UECF, people would be protesting them, boycotting them, and probably suing them.

And if you had wheels you'd be a motorbike and slow

Which ones? Considering Title IX requires and equal # for women in college sports, I don't think that's where you are going.
Scholarships For Men - Scholarships By Type - College Scholarships - Financial Aid - Scholarships.com

Interesting, however are these balanced out or even exceeded by scholarships only for women?
No idea. The thing is, they exist. Is it sexist? Is giving scholarships to Latins, Asians, Blacks, etc. racist? How about scholarships to Christians, Jews, Muslims? Bigoted?

Its not the GIVING, its the EXCLUDING.
Okay! So giving scholarships only to men is excluding and therefore wrong.

Thanks!

If giving scholarships only to women is excluding and also wrong as well.

And if you had wheels you'd be a motorbike and slow

Oxygen Thief.

Cause they have a history of selling a few slaves and going to college... Seriously is this all you got to complain about?

Blacks enslaved more Blacks than did Whites. By a HUGE margin.

Whites enslaved Whites by an even bigger Margin.

In fact, during the 17th Century there were FAR more White Slaves sent to America than there were Black Slaves. FAR more.

Slavery back then was just another institution.

BTW, the Church that you scumbags hate so much? The Catholic Church outlawed Slavery in Europe a thousand years before any place or anybody else.

These things are FACTS.

But..... You're a dimocrap. Which means you're stupid and trying to educate you is a waste of time.

In the United States- whites owned more slaves- black and white than blacks ever owned.

White slaves in the United States were not 'chattel slaves'- they were essentially indentured servants- usually for a contracted period of time, and their children were not born slaves.

I don't hate any Church, but its hard to ignore the Catholic's various positions regarding slavery in the United States. Catholic missionaries in the United States enslaved native Americans to convert them. The Popes encouraged the slavery of Africans and Native Americans

Pope Nicholas V issued the papal bull Dum Diversas on 18 June, 1452. It authorised (King) Alfonso V of Portugal to reduce any “Saracens (Muslims) and pagans and any other unbelievers to perpetual slavery. The same pope wrote the bull Romanus Pontifex on January 5, 1455 to the same Alfonso. As a follow-up to the Dum diversas, it extended to the Catholic nations of Europe dominion over discovered lands during the Age of Discovery. Along with sanctifying the seizure of non-Christian lands, it encouraged the enslavement of native, non-Christian peoples in Africa and the New World.

“We weighing all and singular the premises with due meditation, and noting that since we had formerly by other letters of ours granted among other things free and ample faculty to the aforesaid King Alfonso -- to invade, search out, capture, vanquish, and subdue all Saracens and pagans whatsoever, and other enemies of Christ wheresoever placed, and the kingdoms, dukedoms, principalities, dominions, possessions, and all movable and immovable goods whatsoever held and possessed by them and to reduce their persons to perpetual slavery, and to apply and appropriate to himself and his successors the kingdoms, dukedoms, counties, principalities, dominions, possessions, and goods, and to convert them to his and their use and profit -- by having secured the said faculty, the said King Alfonso, or, by his authority, the aforesaid infante, justly and lawfully has acquired and possessed, and doth possess, these islands, lands, harbors, and seas, and they do of right belong and pertain to the said King Alfonso and his successors

This doesn't mean that the Catholic Church was any more- or any less complicit in slavery in the New World- but it does show your attempt to pretend that the Church was not complicit is just false.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the United Negro College Fund....but thems the facts.

Edgetho took two beanballs in this thread.

Get out the aspirin.

Why it it that blacks are not picketing the HQ of The United NEGRO College fund for that racist word in their very name?

Where IS Al Sharpton when he should be mounting a hostile takeover to get that abomination fixed?

Well, it is. You can't tell me it isn't. If a white boy went there and asked for a college loan, he would be denied because of the color of their skin. That is the very definition of racism. Why is this racist organization allowed to exist? Can you imagine the outrage from the left if there was a college fund for whites only? Actually you don't have to imagine it. Someone tried to set one up, and the supreme court said it was racist. So why is it not racist for blacks to have one? Could someone please explain this? I'm a bit confused.

Of course it is. When in doubt, just reverse the races, if it would raise the ire of the minorities then it is racist.
There is no way to rationalize a reasonable explanation for this.

Well, it is. You can't tell me it isn't. If a white boy went there and asked for a college loan, he would be denied because of the color of their skin. That is the very definition of racism. Why is this racist organization allowed to exist? Can you imagine the outrage from the left if there was a college fund for whites only? Actually you don't have to imagine it. Someone tried to set one up, and the supreme court said it was racist. So why is it not racist for blacks to have one? Could someone please explain this? I'm a bit confused.
What a dumb ass. Your OP just failed.

Scholarships for Irish Students - Fastweb

Start one.

And they wouldn't get sued in 5 seconds?
What would that matter?

Why would you start something with a purpose that would be struck down court? So you create a white college fund, you get sued, and then your only choice is to either fold or provide funds to whichever groups won said lawsuit.

If you are a protected class, you can sue anyone, if you are not, you are up shits creek, no paddle.
There's no law that says you can't start a white only scholarship fund.

and what would happen if a black student applied and was turned down because they were black?
Nothing.

Of course it is. When in doubt, just reverse the races, if it would raise the ire of the minorities then it is racist.
There is no way to rationalize a reasonable explanation for this.
Sure it is. There are scholarships for all types of white ethnic groups. You guys are some fucking idiots.

So it isn't "racist"? I can see the need for it, but as a person who's father got his ass laid off, and who could have really used a supplemental scholarship in college, but only saw ones for women and minorities, I have been directly impacted by it. I don't begrudge them being able to limit who they give the scholarship to, but it is a bit hypocritical not even consider it racial/sex preferences.

Guy, you and I have a huge advantage by virtue of simply being white and male in this society.

If you are trying to pretend it is not so, you are being dishonest.

Forum List

Back