the United negro college fund is racist.

And they wouldn't get sued in 5 seconds?
What would that matter?

Why would you start something with a purpose that would be struck down court? So you create a white college fund, you get sued, and then your only choice is to either fold or provide funds to whichever groups won said lawsuit.

If you are a protected class, you can sue anyone, if you are not, you are up shits creek, no paddle.
There's no law that says you can't start a white only scholarship fund.

and what would happen if a black student applied and was turned down because they were black?
Nothing.

Bullshit.

So it isn't "racist"? I can see the need for it, but as a person who's father got his ass laid off, and who could have really used a supplemental scholarship in college, but only saw ones for women and minorities, I have been directly impacted by it. I don't begrudge them being able to limit who they give the scholarship to, but it is a bit hypocritical not even consider it racial/sex preferences.

Guy, you and I have a huge advantage by virtue of simply being white and male in this society.

If you are trying to pretend it is not so, you are being dishonest.

Up until the 1980's you may have had a point. Now?

National hiring experiments reveal 2 1 faculty preference for women on STEM tenure track

The underrepresentation of women in academic science is typically attributed, both in scientific literature and in the media, to sexist hiring. Here we report five hiring experiments in which faculty evaluated hypothetical female and male applicants, using systematically varied profiles disguising identical scholarship, for assistant professorships in biology, engineering, economics, and psychology. Contrary to prevailing assumptions, men and women faculty members from all four fields preferred female applicants 2:1 over identically qualified males with matching lifestyles (single, married, divorced), with the exception of male economists, who showed no gender preference. Comparing different lifestyles revealed that women preferred divorced mothers to married fathers and that men preferred mothers who took parental leaves to mothers who did not. Our findings, supported by real-world academic hiring data, suggest advantages for women launching academic science careers.

What would that matter?

Why would you start something with a purpose that would be struck down court? So you create a white college fund, you get sued, and then your only choice is to either fold or provide funds to whichever groups won said lawsuit.

If you are a protected class, you can sue anyone, if you are not, you are up shits creek, no paddle.

and what would happen if a black student applied and was turned down because they were black?
Nothing.

Bullshit.
Yes you are full of bullshit. Do you have something to prove your point other than more bluster?

Nothing.

Bullshit.
Yes you are full of bullshit. Do you have something to prove your point other than more bluster?

I didn't see a link with your response, why are you holding me to a higher standard.

Again, Bullshit.

Nothing.

Bullshit.

I didn't see a link with your response, why are you holding me to a higher standard.

Again, Bullshit.
My answer didnt require a link. Yours does. If you think something would happen you must have some proof. Yes again you are full of bullshit and bluster.

Nothing.

Bullshit.

Again, Bullshit.
My answer didnt require a link. Yours does. If you think something would happen you must have some proof. Yes again you are full of bullshit and bluster.

Yes it does. Show me a case where nothing happened.

So it isn't "racist"? I can see the need for it, but as a person who's father got his ass laid off, and who could have really used a supplemental scholarship in college, but only saw ones for women and minorities, I have been directly impacted by it. I don't begrudge them being able to limit who they give the scholarship to, but it is a bit hypocritical not even consider it racial/sex preferences.

Guy, you and I have a huge advantage by virtue of simply being white and male in this society.

National hiring experiments reveal 2 1 faculty preference for women on STEM tenure track

The underrepresentation of women in academic science is typically attributed, both in scientific literature and in the media, to sexist hiring. Here we report five hiring experiments in which faculty evaluated hypothetical female and male applicants, using systematically varied profiles disguising identical scholarship, for assistant professorships in biology, engineering, economics, and psychology. Contrary to prevailing assumptions, men and women faculty members from all four fields preferred female applicants 2:1 over identically qualified males with matching lifestyles (single, married, divorced), with the exception of male economists, who showed no gender preference. Comparing different lifestyles revealed that women preferred divorced mothers to married fathers and that men preferred mothers who took parental leaves to mothers who did not. Our findings, supported by real-world academic hiring data, suggest advantages for women launching academic science careers.

Women have an advantage in ONE FIELD. Well Gosh, one whole field means white males dont have the 100% advantage they once did. NOW ITS 99% AND THATS NOT FAIR!!!

Women have an advantage in ONE FIELD. Well Gosh, one whole field means white males dont have the 100% advantage they once did. NOW ITS 99% AND THATS NOT FAIR!!!

They have the advantage in several fields, but its interesting that STEM, long chided as the last bastion of the "good ol boy network" (actually the good old nerd network) has shifted to preferring women applicants.

How many male teachers do you see in schools?

They have the advantage in several fields, but its interesting that STEM, long chided as the last bastion of the "good ol boy network" (actually the good old nerd network) has shifted to preferring women applicants.

How many male teachers do you see in schools?

So you have a 98% advantage then. Too bad you cant be a teacher and also have people tell you you make too much and have too much time off...like in other male dominated fields. I'm sorry

Again, Bullshit.

Show me a case where something happened like I asked in the first place.

Bullshit.

Again, Bullshit.

Tompkins v. Alabama State University - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Again, Bullshit.

Alabama State University is a public institution and subject to federal laws dummy. UNCF is private.

Again, Bullshit.

Alabama State University is a public institution and subject to federal laws dummy. UNCF is private.

Nice goal post move there, dummy.

Dont be mad you cant make your case or read the OP. Show me where a private institution ever was forced provide scholarships for a Black person when it was marked for only a white ethnic group. Since there are plenty of white only scholarship funds you should be able to find something to support your retarded argument.

Dont be mad you cant make your case or read the OP. Show me where a private institution ever was forced provide scholarships for a Black person when it was marked for only a white ethnic group. Since there are plenty of white only scholarship funds you should be able to find something to support your retarded argument.

Define "plenty"

Define "plenty"
A dictionary would provide you a better definition than I could.

Define "plenty"

Nice dodge.

Define "plenty"

Nice dodge.
Thanks. Next time try a less obvious deflection.

Define "plenty"

Nice dodge.
Thanks. Next time try a less obvious deflection.

And you keep at it, even when you are failing miserably.

Forum List

Back