The U.S., for the first time, uses the MOAB bomb....So what?

It's coming over the news that the U.S. forces for the first time, so we're told, dropped the Mother of All Bombs (MOAB) on one (several?) ISIS positions in Afghanistan. So what? Why does anyone need to know that? The whole world knows that the U.S. is actively fighting ISIS in Iraq and Afghanistan. It should not come as a surprise that the U.S. drops bombs there, big ones, little ones, and in-between ones.

Do you really give a damn what specific munitions the U.S. uses? Do you just care that U.S. forces have and use the appropriate munition for the situation they face? The latter is all I care about. I don't care what type of conventional weapons U.S. forces use in combat.

I'm wondering why the hell we'd advertise that we've dropped the most destructive/powerful bomb in our inventory. If there were any doubt in our opponents' mind about the force limit of our bombs, well, now they need no longer wonder. The problem with that is that now that we've told everyone that we used the MOAB, anyone to whom it matters knows what they must do to protect themselves from it. Better, IMO, to have just dropped the thing and discussed the results it achieved. There's no need to disclose that we dropped the "biggest, baddest" bomb we have.

Dropping the MOAB was a deliberate attempt to divert attention from Trump's small, small hands! :biggrin:
Small, small hands the T-REX

It's coming over the news that the U.S. forces for the first time, so we're told, dropped the Mother of All Bombs (MOAB) on one (several?) ISIS positions in Afghanistan. So what? Why does anyone need to know that? The whole world knows that the U.S. is actively fighting ISIS in Iraq and Afghanistan. It should not come as a surprise that the U.S. drops bombs there, big ones, little ones, and in-between ones.

Do you really give a damn what specific munitions the U.S. uses? Do you just care that U.S. forces have and use the appropriate munition for the situation they face? The latter is all I care about. I don't care what type of conventional weapons U.S. forces use in combat.

I'm wondering why the hell we'd advertise that we've dropped the most destructive/powerful bomb in our inventory. If there were any doubt in our opponents' mind about the force limit of our bombs, well, now they need no longer wonder. The problem with that is that now that we've told everyone that we used the MOAB, anyone to whom it matters knows what they must do to protect themselves from it. Better, IMO, to have just dropped the thing and discussed the results it achieved. There's no need to disclose that we dropped the "biggest, baddest" bomb we have.
Air campaigns don't work. Vietnam proved it.

prove he didn't.
The one who thought up the accusation needs to prove it, if he doesn't, he looks as stupid as you do.

tell you what- when trump can prove ALL the accusations re: obama, farkus, rice et al about wiretapping..... first, then we'll talk m'k?
I'll talk to you when you take your head out of your pants. Guess this is good bye. LOL

uh-huh. just as i thought.
you thought? hahahahahahahha no fking way.

here's a thought- try harder next time, because this attempt at a clever reply of yours was rather...well.....

impotent.

We get to know what cool shit our tax dollars are paying for, it lessens the wasted trillions of dollars we fought on the useless war on poverty...

Dropping the MOAB was a deliberate attempt to divert attention from Trump's small, small hands! :biggrin:

Trump-dinosaur-2.jpg

We get to know what cool shit our tax dollars are paying for, it lessens the wasted trillions of dollars we fought on the useless war on poverty...
We get to know what cool shit our tax dollars are paying for

Maybe so....Various governments have various approaches to accomplishing that end, quite commonly military parades, which Trump has suggested doing with the U.S. military in much the same way Russia/USSR has done each May since the 1960s.

maxresdefault.jpg

_82879391_027121769-1.jpg

800_yqtgvxczcbgd7z4nr3mjizvv9ug9vy1p.jpg

(Let's hope he doesn't order one for Los Angeles. Their smog problem is bad enough.)

maxresdefault.jpg

1021900494.jpg

Trump-dinosaur-2.jpg

Yes, well, we know that species will be "extinct" no more than eight years from now.

It gives the drumpf brown-nosers something to squeal at. These are the same people that carry a gun and are just itching to use it on SOMEONE. They generally feel powerless in their lives like drumpf so getting to violently force other people to do things is at the top of their to do list.

We get to know what cool shit our tax dollars are paying for

Maybe so....Various governments have various approaches to accomplishing that end, quite commonly military parades, which Trump has suggested doing with the U.S. military in much the same way Russia/USSR has done each May since the 1960s.

maxresdefault.jpg

_82879391_027121769-1.jpg

800_yqtgvxczcbgd7z4nr3mjizvv9ug9vy1p.jpg

(Let's hope he doesn't order one for Los Angeles. Their smog problem is bad enough.)

maxresdefault.jpg

1021900494.jpg

Cool ....he should also bring back the draft and make men out of the snowflakes around here.

It gives the drumpf brown-nosers something to squeal at. These are the same people that carry a gun and are just itching to use it on SOMEONE. They generally feel powerless in their lives like drumpf so getting to violently force other people to do things is at the top of their to do list.
"General powerlessness in his life" is likely not something Trump has, for most of his adult life, felt, however much the "brown-nosers" do or have.

Trump-dinosaur-2.jpg

Yes, well, we know that species will be "extinct" no more than eight years from now.

I see you are a prepper.. Don't go in your fall out shelter to soon like him and his family did...

p22433_p_v8_ab.jpg

He has a world map on the back of his bathroom door and when he eats at mar a lago (it's restaurants were cited by health dept today) he has to run to the shitter, closes the door, looks at the map and throws a dart whatever country he hits doesn't have a chance the following Thursday.

MOAB, the most expensive bomb to take out a single family dwelling with one floor..

This dichotomy cannot be overlooked.

Here the most technological entity on Earth dropped a $300 million dollar bomb to kill people in a cave. I'm thinking you could have retrained the entire coal mining work force with that much money and put them all in good paying jobs. Ah but we bounced some rocks around.

All the billionaires in drumpf's cabinet of lepers have no clue about Economy of Scale. Like him. They are The Hollow Men.

Fastest way to let Russia, N Korea, China, etc find out.

No sense making them wait til their spies pass the information to them.
That bomb has existed in the U.S. munitions inventory for some decade or more. Perhaps, however, the connections the Russians have with the new Administration were (have?) allowed them to obtain the device's performance specs. If so, then, yes, I suppose disclosing the information to all obviates the need for the spies in question to bother obtaining it, thus freeing them up to do other things.

Not exactly it wasn't built until 2003 at Eglin AFB in Florida.

That bomb has existed in the U.S. munitions inventory for some decade or more. Perhaps, however, the connections the Russians have with the new Administration were (have?) allowed them to obtain the device's performance specs. If so, then, yes, I suppose disclosing the information to all obviates the need for the spies in question to bother obtaining it, thus freeing them up to do other things.

??? Do you have a different definition of "decade" than the one found in the dictionary? 2003 to 2017 is a span of more than a decade and less than 15 years; thus the MOAB "has existed in the U.S. munitions inventory for some decade or more." Can you clarify what you mean by your most recent remark above, please?

Last edited:

??? Do you have a different definition of "decade" than the one found in the dictionary? 2003 to 2017 is a span of more than a decade and less than 15 years, thus the MOAB "has existed in the U.S. munitions inventory for some decade or more." Can you clarify what you mean by your most recent remark above, please?

Oh shit I thought you said decades. Give me a break I just wanted to be the same age as I was in 2003. I take credit for the fuck up. I'm lost in time.

Forum List

Back