The U.S., for the first time, uses the MOAB bomb....So what?

We've been told how difficult it is to fight the enemy because they are hiding in caves, blah blah blah. So, it turns out we have a bomb that will destroy their hidey holes. I'm left wondering why this bomb wasn't used years ago.

The military has been using similar weapons for this type of target for years (thermobaric fuel-air bombs) apparently they broke out the MOAB 'cause P-Don needed a bump in his approval ratings with the warhawk crowd in Washington. ;)
Prove that Trump did it for "approval ratings".

If they've used this sort of bomb before and it was somewhat successful, using the bigger one was the obvious thing to do. That is, if you want to win the war. You know, and bring home our troops.

prove he didn't.
Prove a negative? Are you retarded?

We've been told how difficult it is to fight the enemy because they are hiding in caves, blah blah blah. So, it turns out we have a bomb that will destroy their hidey holes. I'm left wondering why this bomb wasn't used years ago.

The military has been using similar weapons for this type of target for years (thermobaric fuel-air bombs) apparently they broke out the MOAB 'cause P-Don needed a bump in his approval ratings with the warhawk crowd in Washington. ;)

If they've used this sort of bomb before and it was somewhat successful, using the bigger one was the obvious thing to do. That is, if you want to win the war. You know, and bring home our troops.

prove he didn't.
The one who thought up the accusation needs to prove it, if he doesn't, he looks as stupid as you do.

prove he didn't.
^^^^^
rhetorical question?

prove he didn't.

lol... so when are we gonna take in all those syrian babies... you know those poor poor little innocent baby refugees.................

lol..........

prove he didn't.

lol... so when are we gonna take in all those syrian babies... you know those poor poor little innocent baby refugees.................

lol..........
How many babies did Obama bring in? How many women?

prove he didn't.
The one who thought up the accusation needs to prove it, if he doesn't, he looks as stupid as you do.

tell you what- when trump can prove ALL the accusations re: obama, farkus, rice et al about wiretapping..... first, then we'll talk m'k?

prove he didn't.

lol..........

about 12K are women & children & some 18K total. of course that is some 18K more than trump wants.

prove he didn't.

lol..........

about 12K are women & children & some 18K total. of course that is some 18K more than trump wants.
So very few... please post you link.

Here is mine.

Record number of Muslim refugees entered U.S. in 2016 says new study

“The U.S. admitted 84,995 refugees in the fiscal year ending in September 2016, the most in any year during the Obama administration. An additional 31,143 refugees have been admitted to the U.S. from Oct. 1 through Jan. 24

prove he didn't.

tell you what- when trump can prove ALL the accusations re: obama, farkus, rice et al about wiretapping..... first, then we'll talk m'k?
I'll talk to you when you take your head out of your pants. Guess this is good bye. LOL

prove he didn't.

lol..........

Here is mine.

“The U.S. admitted 84,995 refugees in the fiscal year ending in September 2016, the most in any year during the Obama administration. An additional 31,143 refugees have been admitted to the U.S. from Oct. 1 through Jan. 24
prove he didn't.

lol..........

Here is mine.

so your source is the washington times? a right wing biased moonie owned rag?

here are my links....
Syrian Refugees in the United States
January 12, 2017
Spotlight
By Jie Zong and Jeanne Batalova
In response to the civil war in Syria that began in 2011 and has resulted in the displacement of more than 11 million people within and beyond the country’s borders, the United States in 2015 began to accept for resettlement significantly more Syrian refugees than ever before. The Obama administration surpassed its goal of admitting 10,000 Syrians via the refugee resettlement program in fiscal year (FY) 2016, up from just 36 in FY 2013 (see Figure 1). In total, 18,007 Syrian refugees were resettled in the United States between October 1, 2011 and December 31, 2016.
[...]
Syrian Refugees in the United States

"About three-quarters of (Syrian refugees) are women and children. A full third of them are kids under 12 years old."
Keith Ellison on Sunday, January 29th, 2017 in a CBS 'Face The Nation' interview

Most Syrian refugees are women and children, as Keith Ellison said
By Miriam Valverde on Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 at 4:23 p.m.
[...]
Our ruling

Ellison said, "About three-quarters of (Syrian refugees) are women and children. A full third of them are kids under 12 years old."

With only slight rounding, Ellison is correct on average for Syrian refugees registered in Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq.

A demographic breakdown is not available for more than 29,000 refugees in other North African countries, which represent less than 1 percent of all registered Syrian refugees.

We rate Ellison’s statement True.

Rep. Ellison: Syrian refugees 3/4 women and children

you're welcome.

This is a huge mistake, it's basically like a nuclear bomb without the radiation, opens a Pandora's box of modern warfare scenarios.

Last edited:

prove he didn't.

I'll talk to you when you take your head out of your pants. Guess this is good bye. LOL

uh-huh. just as i thought.

Fastest way to let Russia, N Korea, China, etc find out.

No sense making them wait til their spies pass the information to them.
That bomb has existed in the U.S. munitions inventory for some decade or more. Perhaps, however, the connections the Russians have with the new Administration were (have?) allowed them to obtain the device's performance specs. If so, then, yes, I suppose disclosing the information to all obviates the need for the spies in question to bother obtaining it, thus freeing them up to do other things.

doesn't surprise me a bit someone would take that view of my post.

Foreign Leader (country optional): What was that, a major earthquake?

Foreign spy: dont' know, we'll find out.

(hours later)

Foreign spy: Leader, the Americans dropped a bomb in Afghanistan.

NO need to waste all that time, TELL them we just the M(F)OAB.

(considering the last 3 presidents, the odds they didn't have the specs is remote)

Well, given the temporal context with which you imbued your comment, how else might one rationally consider that post?

We can read what you write, but we can't read your mind. I mean really...by what contrivance might one, upon reading the comment above, deduce that you also think that "considering the last 3 presidents, the odds [foreign nations] didn't have the specs is remote?"

That bomb has existed in the U.S. munitions inventory for some decade or more. Perhaps, however, the connections the Russians have with the new Administration were (have?) allowed them to obtain the device's performance specs. If so, then, yes, I suppose disclosing the information to all obviates the need for the spies in question to bother obtaining it, thus freeing them up to do other things.

(hours later)

(considering the last 3 presidents, the odds they didn't have the specs is remote)

Well, given the temporal context with which you imbued your comment, how else might one rationally consider that post?

We can read what you write, but we can't read your mind. I mean really...by what contrivance might one, upon reading the comment above, deduce that you also think that "considering the last 3 presidents, the odds [foreign nations] didn't have the specs is remote?"

then, what you're saying is, you have comprehension problems?

Then again, it could be our 3 biggest bomb, and we are keeping the other 2 secret. That's what I'd do.
KABOOM, fooled ya!

That is plausible and a sound thing to do. Now whether or not that is so is a different matter and one of which I'm not sure whether it's so or isn't. Were the POTUS one who only speaks with "portfolio," I'd lean toward your comment being more plausible than less, but we have Trump as POTUS, and that man will say, and/or have others say, damn near anything without regard to the facts of the situation in question. Sadly, the man simply has not earned the benefit of the doubt.

(hours later)

then, what you're saying is, you have comprehension problems?
That is not at all what I've said or implied.

It's coming over the news that the U.S. forces for the first time, so we're told, dropped the Mother of All Bombs (MOAB) on one (several?) ISIS positions in Afghanistan. So what? Why does anyone need to know that? The whole world knows that the U.S. is actively fighting ISIS in Iraq and Afghanistan. It should not come as a surprise that the U.S. drops bombs there, big ones, little ones, and in-between ones.

Do you really give a damn what specific munitions the U.S. uses? Do you just care that U.S. forces have and use the appropriate munition for the situation they face? The latter is all I care about. I don't care what type of conventional weapons U.S. forces use in combat.

I'm wondering why the hell we'd advertise that we've dropped the most destructive/powerful bomb in our inventory. If there were any doubt in our opponents' mind about the force limit of our bombs, well, now they need no longer wonder. The problem with that is that now that we've told everyone that we used the MOAB, anyone to whom it matters knows what they must do to protect themselves from it. Better, IMO, to have just dropped the thing and discussed the results it achieved. There's no need to disclose that we dropped the "biggest, baddest" bomb we have.

MOAB = Balls
Appearance is all that matters to the simpletons.

prove he didn't.

uh-huh. just as i thought.
you thought? hahahahahahahha no fking way.

We've been told how difficult it is to fight the enemy because they are hiding in caves, blah blah blah. So, it turns out we have a bomb that will destroy them and their hidey holes. I'm left wondering why this bomb wasn't used years ago.

Two words
Barack obama

Forum List

Back