The truth?

Liar, there is no permanent unemployement.

BTW taintwallow, the Rs forced the stimulus package to have MORE tax cuts in it than was originally planned.

More infrastructure money should have been included but the Rs insisted on more tax cuts and then fucking voted against it anyway.

YOU just refuse to address the facts given you in this thread huh?

Right on. The Republicans insisted that the stimulus be at least 40% tax cuts.

The Republicans say the stimulus was a "total" failure. What does that say about tax cuts?

I'm just trying to figure out what money is spent to lower taxes.

If you lower taxes and borrow money you pay interest on the loan. It's sort of like asking your boss to reduce your hours and pay while borrowing money to go on vacation. It is a dead end. See a
Government provides many services, few of which would provide for a business to make a profit. Yet the right continues to push to privatize as much as possible. If they are successful we will pay more in fees for services than we do in taxes, and receive less service in the end.

We can't stand the truth and that truth is:

Every dollar spent on unemployment compensation returns $1.50

Every dollar spent on lowering taxes returns $0.40

Look it up.

I've heard this claim before about every dollar spent on unemployment returns $1.50. Nancy Pelosi loves to say shit like this. I think it's pure bullshit myself. If it's really true, then use that concept to rid us of our national debt. A buck is a buck. You can't clone it and you damn sure can't get a $1.50 out of spending a buck. Get fucking real and quit beating the liberal democrats drum.

The above is what we get when economic education stops at the fifth grade.

So the government subsidizes poverty so poor people can redistribute that wealth to rich people who sell them things.

But you must keep tens of millions of people poor in order for this "stimulus" to work.

I agree with CG, it is all about Jobs and their creation. The devil is in the details. She thinks the private sector will produce enough jobs with sufficient compensation to heat up the economy. I don't.
I believe the Federal Government ought to bring back CETA (Comprehensive Employment and Training Act), working with local and state governments.

Look it up.

It is no longer unemployment compensation. Call a spade a spade.
It is welfare. Pure and simple...welfare.
And I bet you every single member on this forum knows at least one person who is leaning on unemployment instead of working.
I would wager at least 30% of all who receive it take advantage of it in one way or another.

I know people who've run out of benefits that are still, and have been all along, looking for work. I know people, including myself, who never applied for unemployment because they weren't going to look for another job.

Even if what you claim is true, that's 70% of the people that are using it as intended. You want to punish them because 30% aren't using it as intended?

Look it up.

It is no longer unemployment compensation. Call a spade a spade.
It is welfare. Pure and simple...welfare.
And I bet you every single member on this forum knows at least one person who is leaning on unemployment instead of working.
I would wager at least 30% of all who receive it take advantage of it in one way or another.

I know people who've run out of benefits that are still, and have been all along, looking for work. I know people, including myself, who never applied for unemployment because they weren't going to look for another job.

Even if what you claim is true, that's 70% of the people that are using it as intended. You want to punish them because 30% aren't using it as intended?

You pulled 30% out of thin air.

Are you going to tell us only 30% of people who have collected unemploment for 99 weeks could find another job, but don't?

How long would unemployment have to be before you considered it permanent welfare?

Look it up.

That is without question the most stupid thing ever posted anywhere, anytime, by anyone on any topic.

That's my opinion. I could be wrong.

However, by that logic, if the Feds spent every dollar available on unemployment, we would be rolling in dough. I suppose that the guy who exhorts to "look it up" just needs to present a little proof.

Could be? You are. What I posted is simply common knowledge. Can't expect most conservatives to be that well versed in economics?

Five myths about the Bush tax cuts

That is simply one article. If you would like several dozen that say approximately the same thing just Google "economic returns from tax cuts.

Perhaps more of your myths will be dispelled.

I believe that the best stimulus is one that puts all Americans who want to work into jobs that can utilize their talents.

You believe that the best stimulus is to provide unemployment benefits.

In my belief system, more and more people earn a wage and pay taxes that contribute to the economic good of the community and while improving the lot of those that depend on the wage earner for care and enhancing the ability and experience of those who are employed.

In your belief system, more and more people draw greater and greater shares of the public treasury draining the ability of government to help anybody and quickly bankrupting the community's budget.

Please explain why your ideal system is superior to mine.

Liar, there is no permanent unemployement.

BTW taintwallow, the Rs forced the stimulus package to have MORE tax cuts in it than was originally planned.

More infrastructure money should have been included but the Rs insisted on more tax cuts and then fucking voted against it anyway.

YOU just refuse to address the facts given you in this thread huh?

Right on. The Republicans insisted that the stimulus be at least 40% tax cuts.

The Republicans say the stimulus was a "total" failure. What does that say about tax cuts?

It says the same thing this harvard economist says and all the other studies which show teh same results.

Tax cuts make shitty stimulus and unemployment and food stamps make for GREAT stimulus.

Facts just dont permeate the brick lined craniums of the right wing asswinks on this site.

The fact is unemployment is one of the best stimulus means along with food stamps.

Now go find an economist that says this type of spending will harm our country.

The measure of a good stimulus cannot be the arbitrary quotation of a number that is not supported by anything other than some proponent's biased opinion.

The only measure of a stimulus is what has been stimulated.

If additional unemployment is stimulated and that was the goal all along, and that appears to be the case here, then the current program is a success.

If a robust economy that is producing jobs and wealth faster than ever before is stimulated and THAT was the goal all along, and that is not the case here, then the current program is a failure.

I tend to view the current program as a failure. What is your measure of success?

Now THAT is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

In your opinion, have the economic stimulus measures, even including unemployment insurance payments, been in sum effect a success or a failure?

That is without question the most stupid thing ever posted anywhere, anytime, by anyone on any topic.

That's my opinion. I could be wrong.

However, by that logic, if the Feds spent every dollar available on unemployment, we would be rolling in dough. I suppose that the guy who exhorts to "look it up" just needs to present a little proof.

Could be? You are. What I posted is simply common knowledge. Can't expect most conservatives to be that well versed in economics?

Five myths about the Bush tax cuts

That is simply one article. If you would like several dozen that say approximately the same thing just Google "economic returns from tax cuts.

Perhaps more of your myths will be dispelled.

I believe that the best stimulus is one that puts all Americans who want to work into jobs that can utilize their talents.

You believe that the best stimulus is to provide unemployment benefits.

In my belief system, more and more people earn a wage and pay taxes that contribute to the economic good of the community and while improving the lot of those that depend on the wage earner for care and enhancing the ability and experience of those who are employed.

In your belief system, more and more people draw greater and greater shares of the public treasury draining the ability of government to help anybody and quickly bankrupting the community's budget.

Please explain why your ideal system is superior to mine.

We are not talking "BELIEFS" we are talking top economists in the world you silly fool.

The harvard study results are born out by most other economists studies.

You are using belief WE are using facts.

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study - Jan. 29, 2008

The report pointed to expanding unemployment benefits as the program that gets the next biggest bang for the buck. That's because, although the unemployed are already getting checks, they need to spend the money. For every dollar spent here, the economy would see a return of $1.64, Zandi said.

The OP was wrong its 1.64 not 1.50.

ECONOMISTS STUDY butt bites

Quit ignoring the facts and using your fucking MYTHS to guide this country.

I agree with CG, it is all about Jobs and their creation. The devil is in the details. She thinks the private sector will produce enough jobs with sufficient compensation to heat up the economy. I don't.
I believe the Federal Government ought to bring back CETA (Comprehensive Employment and Training Act), working with local and state governments.

Who employs these folks once they have been trained?

Who employs these folks once they have been trained?

The whole idea is to train them for the job market of the future, the very areas that will be growing and not shrinking.

I wish this idiot would realize that the new deal helped create a strong middle class for the first time in the US.

Forum List

Back