The truth?

We can't stand the truth and that truth is:

Every dollar spent on unemployment compensation returns $1.50

Every dollar spent on lowering taxes returns $0.40

Look it up.

The only way that $1 spent on unemployment compensation can return $1.50 is if you use the $1 to buy gas to go out and steal 50cents form someone.

Look it up.

The only way that $1 spent on unemployment compensation can return $1.50 is if you use the $1 to buy gas to go out and steal 50cents form someone.

You buy a share of stock for $1. A week goes by and it is now worth $1.50. Where did that 50 cents come from? Another week goes by and the same stock is now worth only 75 cents.

Where did the extra money come from? Where did it go?

Can you grasp that the extra food bought by unemployment may well be translated into higher food sales and higher profits as well as appreciating food stocks? Those higher sales may mean more people to pick process and transport it. That will require more fuel for trucks and trains.

Do you get the idea?

Look it up.

That is without question the most stupid thing ever posted anywhere, anytime, by anyone on any topic.

That's my opinion. I could be wrong.

However, by that logic, if the Feds spent every dollar available on unemployment, we would be rolling in dough. I suppose that the guy who exhorts to "look it up" just needs to present a little proof.

You must not have read many of TDM's posts.

Immie

The Truth is, if mothers would quit their jobs and stay home to raise their children there would be no unemployment and the future of our country would be better.

Absolutely right. The downside is that the average American needs two incomes to simply to survive

The family that starves together, stays together.

FDR failed to get unemployment out of the toilet until WWII came along.

The greatest generation was great because they fought the war, not because they suffered his failures.

Historical genius that you are I am sure you know that FDR had his way for little more than the fabled "hundred days". After that he was fought tooth and nail by the Republicans and they managed to stop or cripple the bulk of later legislation.

It is not that FDR's programs were a failure it is that they managed to accomplish so much after GOP support dried up. One wonders what might have been had there been no GOP opposition.

Sounds good! A 50% ROI is beyond anything I'm seeing right now.

Any math wizards out there? On what date will the GDP rise from the roughly 13 Trillion to 19.5 Trillion if we all commit ourselves 100% to this brilliance?

For Truthmatters, that's a return of $1.50 for every dollar spent.

I don't know why this hasn't been tried before. In the past, people worked in sewers, built buildings, transported products, got in early and worked late. What a bunch of maroons! The real solution is to sit on your duff and collect unemployment and that is what drives the economy.

When I think of the time I've wasted working when I could have been helping to build our country by collecting unemployment, I shudder.

This is always what you dishonest pieces of shit do.

Is it any wonder their is such a partisan divide when you insist on childish bullshit in place of REAL ADULT conversation about the issues?

When your economy is fucked (like you assholes created for this country recently) and you need stimulus you gain huge economic bulstering by using these programs to stimulate the countrys economy.

You idiots then claim like the fucking sdishonset assholes that you are that we are saying EVERYONE should be unemployed.

Its much the same fucking stupidity you use to claim that tax cuts ALWAYS creat more revenue.

At some point the effect changes huh?

Now go yank your pud if you must but at least then shut the fuck up and let the sane people discuss the issues.
No. the OP is making an absurd claim. It obviously ignores the cost to those PAYING for unemployment insurance funds that have LONG since been bankrupted in every state in the nation and so the government is borrowing from China to keep you on your ass getting a check for longer than you deserve, and often MORE than you deserve.

If this was actually FACT instead of a numbers game we should be going out a firing EVERYONE and going on unemployment. The problem is that then no one would be working and therefore no services could be had.

I can't help it if liberals want to basically engage in slavery still. A nice little group of people that do all the work while they sit on their fat dumb asses and party on. But I can make the effort from stopping fucktards like you, TM, from ever having political power or clout in which to DO your heart's desire.

Now shut the fuck up, and go collect your gubmint check on the first of the month like a good little wad of grease and vote democrat between watching MSNBC and reading the HuffPo you fucking loon.

If brains were dynamite, you could not blow the wax out of your ears.

:clap2: Come on people, you can't put two opp's as the right seems to like to do and come out with a figure that means what they want it too.

I'm not happy with what has been accomplished by Obama by someone on the left, is not the same as a righty saying i'm not happy with what Obama has done or what he is doing. They are two different things.

But once again they (the righty press) add the two together and say it shows that 70% of the people think Obama is doing a poor job. Total BS because the two have a total differnt path.

35% of the population which call themselves conservatives would say that Obama is not doing a good job no matter what he does. Now adding those liberials that don't think that Obama has gotten enough for his side is stupid at the best, but what else would you call it.

I don't think the estate tax or giving the top 1% billions of dollars in reduced taxes but I understand that sometimes I may not get what I want, in the process of helping 180,000,000 families and our country. Not getting DADT is not big with me, but i do think it should be repealed, and others think its a big deal.

I'm not happy with what is getting done and would hope we could do better. But in no way are my feelings in anyway saying what the 35% of republicans are saying.

Hell Obama could say he wants to become a republican and that 35% would still be against him.

at the top of each forum index page, just above the list of threads, is a button, on the left, that says "new thread". left click it.

If brains were dynamite, you could not blow the wax out of your ears.

Freshmeat, if you had two braincells to rub together, the friction you'd need to generate a thought would light your hair on fire.

The fact is you need a permanent, government sponsored underclass through which to redistribute wealth to business owners who sell them things.

Not quite. We need this underpaid exploited underclass to supply the surplus labor to assure that low wages will remain the norm.

Forum List

Back