The truth?

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study - Jan. 29, 2008

The report pointed to expanding unemployment benefits as the program that gets the next biggest bang for the buck. That's because, although the unemployed are already getting checks, they need to spend the money. For every dollar spent here, the economy would see a return of $1.64, Zandi said.

The OP was wrong its 1.64 not 1.50.

ECONOMISTS STUDY butt bites

Science is real folks and it beats your failed ideas to shit

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study
Moody's study suggests extending unemployment benefits, increasing food stamps fastest ways to stimulate economy.
Harvard Economist, Martin Feldstein, talks about the good, the bad and the ugly in the debate over how to kickstart the economy.
Play video

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As Congress and the White House consider a $150 billion stimulus package that includes tax rebates and tax incentives for business, a report released Tuesday suggests that other methods would do a better job of infusing money into the flagging economy and doing it fast.

The industry research firm Moody's Economy.com tracked the potential impact of each stimulus dollar, looking at tax rebates, tax incentives for business, food stamps and expanding unemployment benefits.

The report found that "some provide a lot of bang for the buck to the economy. Others ... don't," said economist Mark Zandi.

In findings echoed by other economists and studies, he said the study shows the fastest way to infuse money into the economy is through expanding the food-stamp program. For every dollar spent on that program $1.73 is generated throughout the economy, he said.

The fact is unemployment is one of the best stimulus means along with food stamps.

Now go find an economist that says this type of spending will harm our country.

So are any of you asswinks going to appologise to the OP for pretending he was not more right than you were?

Liar, there is no permanent unemployement.

BTW taintwallow, the Rs forced the stimulus package to have MORE tax cuts in it than was originally planned.

More infrastructure money should have been included but the Rs insisted on more tax cuts and then fucking voted against it anyway.

YOU just refuse to address the facts given you in this thread huh?

The fact is unemployment is one of the best stimulus means along with food stamps.

The measure of a good stimulus cannot be the arbitrary quotation of a number that is not supported by anything other than some proponent's biased opinion.

The only measure of a stimulus is what has been stimulated.

If additional unemployment is stimulated and that was the goal all along, and that appears to be the case here, then the current program is a success.

If a robust economy that is producing jobs and wealth faster than ever before is stimulated and THAT was the goal all along, and that is not the case here, then the current program is a failure.

I tend to view the current program as a failure. What is your measure of success?

We can't stand the truth and that truth is:

Every dollar spent on unemployment compensation returns $1.50

Every dollar spent on lowering taxes returns $0.40

Look it up.

That is without question the most stupid thing ever posted anywhere, anytime, by anyone on any topic.

That's my opinion. I could be wrong.

However, by that logic, if the Feds spent every dollar available on unemployment, we would be rolling in dough. I suppose that the guy who exhorts to "look it up" just needs to present a little proof.

Could be? You are. What I posted is simply common knowledge. Can't expect most conservatives to be that well versed in economics?

Five myths about the Bush tax cuts

That is simply one article. If you would like several dozen that say approximately the same thing just Google "economic returns from tax cuts.

Perhaps more of your myths will be dispelled.

The measure of a good stimulus cannot be the arbitrary quotation of a number that is not supported by anything other than some proponent's biased opinion.

The only measure of a stimulus is what has been stimulated.

If additional unemployment is stimulated and that was the goal all along, and that appears to be the case here, then the current program is a success.

If a robust economy that is producing jobs and wealth faster than ever before is stimulated and THAT was the goal all along, and that is not the case here, then the current program is a failure.

I tend to view the current program as a failure. What is your measure of success?

Now THAT is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

So are any of you asswinks going to appologise to the OP for pretending he was not more right than you were?

Thanks for the thought but we can't expect apologies from those who can't understand the concept.

It is like asking a child to thank you when the medicine tastes bad.

I know, I know, you little cons will be along any minute to spew hate on these pointy headed elite economists and their fancy pants edumacation and and tricky confusing sceince.

There is no amount of court documentation, scientific study and comman sense that will rip your brick lined brains away from the propaganda reports at Fox that allow you to keep backing failed ideas.

This 'little con' works with economists every day of the week.... global economists. People that spend their lives studying not just one section of the economy... like unemployment... but the impact of all kinds of programs. Guess what.... it doesn't work. The only way to run an economy - long term - is jobs, jobs, jobs. Get that through that partisan little head of yours, you stupid bint.

Forum List

Back