The truth about wealth redistribution

Harold Meyerson: The party that truly believes in redistribution - The Washington Post

The most obvious way that Republicans have robbed from the middle to give to the rich has been the changes they wrought in the tax code — reducing income taxes for the wealthy in the Reagan and George W. Bush tax cuts, and cutting the tax rate on capital gains to less than half the rate on the top income of upper-middle-class employees.

The less widely understood way that Republicans have helped redistribute wealth to the already wealthy is by changing the rules. Markets don’t function without rules, and the rules that Republican policymakers have made since Ronald Reagan became president have consistently depressed the share of the nation’s income that the middle class can claim.

rw pretzels need not click on link because they already know what fux/lushbo/dredge told them.
181172_10151087593181489_1569113214_n.jpg

The modern liberal is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in amoral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for covetousness.

The modern liberal is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in amoral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for covetousness.

Or, in other instances a reluctance to part with what they consider their very own wealth rather than participate in their party's creed of redistribution.

McCaskill will sell 'the damn plane' - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

But her opponent, Todd Akin, has been maligned for his gaffe that proved not to be all that much of a gaffe at all. Let's see....hmmmm, tax evasion? illegal use of taxpayer money to finance travel costs for political reasons? Just who is the guilty party in this scenario?

Actually, I'm quite well off. As I've posted before, I have worked continuously since I was thirteen, invested ad saved and am now retired. I travel, have three, paid for homes and have a good life with the people I love dearly.

My dog (and two cats) love me too. :)

Maybe to you, that is "poor", but it isn't to me.

Whatever, the quotes are not MY words. They are quotes from the LINKED article. If that is over your head, tough shit.:lol:

so, you're either a liar or a hypocrite.

Tell me... how many middle class people in this forum did you rip off to get wealthy?

Well, you know, hypocrites want you to pay and they recieve. But yeah, I agree with you, the dude's a liar of the first order.

Or, in other instances a reluctance to part with what they consider their very own wealth rather than participate in their party's creed of redistribution.

McCaskill will sell 'the damn plane' - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

But her opponent, Todd Akin, has been maligned for his gaffe that proved not to be all that much of a gaffe at all. Let's see....hmmmm, tax evasion? illegal use of taxpayer money to finance travel costs for political reasons? Just who is the guilty party in this scenario?

Warren Buffet May Owe A Billion Dollars In Back Taxes | Conservative News, Views & Books

Exposing Liberal Lies: Look Who Doesn't Pay Their Taxes

Obama's Hollywood Supporters Owe Millions in Back Taxes - Yahoo! News

Liberals are flaming hypocrites.

Dear Too Stupid To Think For Themselves pubpots ...

READ the post.

Take special note of the word (READY? cuz, this is really a tough one),

Okay, now stay with me cuz it gets really complicated here ...

The word "quote" means that those words were not written by, nor did they originate with ME.

The word "quote" means I was quoting the words of someone else.

Additionally, I furnished you cretins with the link to where those

QUOTED WORDS

came from.

Please stop saying I said those words because I did not.

GAWD, its gets so fucking tiresome having to explain every fucking thing to rw's who couldn't even get through grade school.

That last part?

THOSE were MY words.

Seriously? Why in the hell would you post a quote if not to support your personal opinion? Good gawd man.

As far as comparing news sources, The Drudge Report has often linked to stories from the Washington Post. You don't think Fox has credited stories "...as reported in the Washington Post"? Please. You are one confused puppy.

Harold Meyerson: The party that truly believes in redistribution - The Washington Post

The most obvious way that Republicans have robbed from the middle to give to the rich has been the changes they wrought in the tax code — reducing income taxes for the wealthy in the Reagan and George W. Bush tax cuts, and cutting the tax rate on capital gains to less than half the rate on the top income of upper-middle-class employees.

The less widely understood way that Republicans have helped redistribute wealth to the already wealthy is by changing the rules. Markets don’t function without rules, and the rules that Republican policymakers have made since Ronald Reagan became president have consistently depressed the share of the nation’s income that the middle class can claim.

rw pretzels need not click on link because they already know what fux/lushbo/dredge told them.

Cutting taxes on the rich doesn't equate to robbing anyone. That's the perspective of a communist government leach who views all money as belonging to the federal government.

beer-barf-fail.jpg

No it is not, your thought processing is Bullshit. This is where the redistribution of wealth starts. Sub par pay for workers and stealing pensions.

And yet, America still has the most progressive tax structure in the western world. Big picture, the top 20% are footing the bill for everyone else. Your premise is bullshit.

No it is not, your thought processing is Bullshit. This is where the redistribution of wealth starts. Sub par pay for workers and stealing pensions.

And yet, America still has the most progressive tax structure in the western world. Big picture, the top 20% are footing the bill for everyone else. Your premise is bullshit.

Liberal morons don't get to define words to suit their agenda. Wealth redistribution means taking money from the people who earned it and giving it to people who didn't earn it. Not making as much as you would like doesn't fit the description, and who has been convicted of "stealing pensions?"

Last edited:
I love when a bunch of poor republicans band together to defend rich people who they will never become and who couldn't give a shit about them at the hope that they can get the scraps from their table.

I love when a bunch of poor republicans band together to defend rich people who they will never become and who couldn't give a shit about them at the hope that they can get the scraps from their table.

Yeah, it's tragic when there are people who believe that all people deserve to have fair representation in their government and not just certain classes of people because they're jealous others have more than they do.

Go see your union leaders about that shit. Unions are the hemorrhoids of the U.S. economy. They've run more companies out of business than Obama, if that's possible.

Her supposed facts are bs also, many seniors and retired middle class live off capital gains, are you seriously advocating raising their taxes.

^^^^^^ THIS! But I'd like to add the following scenario:

Suppose capital gains were taxed at regular income tax rates. How many people would simply stop investing altogether? After all, what's the point of taking a fucking chance for little, if any, reward? Imagine the monstrous Wall St. meltdown and the beginning of the GREATEST Depression.

Dear Too Stupid To Think For Themselves pubpots ...

READ the post.

Take special note of the word (READY? cuz, this is really a tough one),

Okay, now stay with me cuz it gets really complicated here ...

The word "quote" means that those words were not written by, nor did they originate with ME.

The word "quote" means I was quoting the words of someone else.

Additionally, I furnished you cretins with the link to where those

QUOTED WORDS

came from.

Please stop saying I said those words because I did not.

GAWD, its gets so fucking tiresome having to explain every fucking thing to rw's who couldn't even get through grade school.

That last part?

THOSE were MY words.
that was you also who claimed you were an "Independent"....you going to deny that phony?....

Yeah, it's tragic when there are people who believe that all people deserve to have fair representation in their government and not just certain classes of people because they're jealous others have more than they do.

I agree. Poor people can't afford lobbyists like the rich and big business can. That's certainly not fair representation in government.

Let's say you made $100,000 which is taxable.
You pay your taxes and after your living expenses have $10,000 left over.
Now you have a choice: buy a car or buy stock.
You buy a car and sell the car 5 years later for $2,000.
OR you buy the stock and 5 years later sell the stock for $12,000.

What is the difference to the government if you bought a car or stock.. GAIN in value on money you already paid taxes!

So the government figures let's take more money from you not at the rate you earned i.e.
35% maximum but at a rate your after already taxed money earned more money.. i.e. 15% i.e. capital gains!

If you don't see the difference between the two scenarios.. you will never understand as it is to complicated for you.

I agree. Poor people can't afford lobbyists like the rich and big business can. That's certainly not fair representation in government.

And yet, your president - the one who promised you "no lobbyists in MY administration" is actually employing more lobbyists than Bush did. Where is your outrage? :lol:

Forum List

Back