The truth about wealth redistribution

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Harold Meyerson: The party that truly believes in redistribution - The Washington Post

The most obvious way that Republicans have robbed from the middle to give to the rich has been the changes they wrought in the tax code — reducing income taxes for the wealthy in the Reagan and George W. Bush tax cuts, and cutting the tax rate on capital gains to less than half the rate on the top income of upper-middle-class employees.

The less widely understood way that Republicans have helped redistribute wealth to the already wealthy is by changing the rules. Markets don’t function without rules, and the rules that Republican policymakers have made since Ronald Reagan became president have consistently depressed the share of the nation’s income that the middle class can claim.

rw pretzels need not click on link because they already know what fux/lushbo/dredge told them.

The most obvious way that Republicans have robbed from the middle to give to the rich has been the changes they wrought in the tax code — reducing income taxes for the wealthy in the Reagan and George W. Bush tax cuts, and cutting the tax rate on capital gains to less than half the rate on the top income of upper-middle-class employees.

And yet, America still has the most progressive tax structure in the western world. Big picture, the top 20% are footing the bill for everyone else. Your premise is bullshit.

Her supposed facts are bs also, many seniors and retired middle class live off capital gains, are you seriously advocating raising their taxes.

Harold Meyerson: The party that truly believes in redistribution - The Washington Post

The less widely understood way that Republicans have helped redistribute wealth to the already wealthy is by changing the rules. Markets don’t function without rules, and the rules that Republican policymakers have made since Ronald Reagan became president have consistently depressed the share of the nation’s income that the middle class can claim.

rw pretzels need not click on link because they already know what fux/lushbo/dredge told them.

It would only be considered redistribution if you think the money belongs to the government, and we only get it upon thier whim and command.

You useless toad.

And yet, America still has the most progressive tax structure in the western world. Big picture, the top 20% are footing the bill for everyone else. Your premise is bullshit.

he is also a phony.....says he is an Independent....if you can believe that bullshit....

Tax code should be 3 pages long (period)

Republicans ain't the only ones that cheat on their taxes, there, Mr. Geitner

:eusa_shhh:

Markets don’t function without rules, and the rules that Republican policymakers have made since Ronald Reagan became president have consistently depressed the share of the nation’s income that the middle class can claim.

There you go again! Stop talking about income and wealth as though they are finite piles of cash from which we all draw. That's ridiculous. Wealth can be created or destroyed. Just because one person makes a lot of money does not mean someone else must make less. Any chance in hell you'll get this through your thick skull? This stupid argument you and the other redistributionists are making is getting really old.

Markets don’t function without rules, and the rules that Republican policymakers have made since Ronald Reagan became president have consistently depressed the share of the nation’s income that the middle class can claim.

There you go again! Stop talking about income and wealth as though they are finite piles of cash from which we all draw. That's ridiculous. Wealth can be created or destroyed. Just because one person makes a lot of money does not mean someone else must make less. Any chance in hell you'll get this through your thick skull? This stupid argument you and the other redistributionists are making is getting really old.

You can explain reality to someone who lacks the mental capacity to understand it. The OP is a fucking retard, so don't even bother.

Dear Too Stupid To Think For Themselves pubpots ...

READ the post.

Take special note of the word (READY? cuz, this is really a tough one),

Okay, now stay with me cuz it gets really complicated here ...

The word "quote" means that those words were not written by, nor did they originate with ME.

The word "quote" means I was quoting the words of someone else.

Additionally, I furnished you cretins with the link to where those

QUOTED WORDS

came from.

Please stop saying I said those words because I did not.

GAWD, its gets so fucking tiresome having to explain every fucking thing to rw's who couldn't even get through grade school.

That last part?

THOSE were MY words.

Dear Too Stupid To Think For Themselves pubpots ...

READ the post.

Take special note of the word (READY? cuz, this is really a tough one),

Okay, now stay with me cuz it gets really complicated here ...

The word "quote" means that those words were not written by, nor did they originate with ME.

The word "quote" means I was quoting the words of someone else.

Additionally, I furnished you cretins with the link to where those

QUOTED WORDS
came from.

Please stop saying I said those words because I did not.

GAWD, its gets so fucking tiresome having to explain every fucking thing to rw's who couldn't even get through grade school.

That last part?

THOSE were MY words.

Quoted to prove your point equates supporting the quote.

IOW, you would say it if anyone cared enough about your opinion to publish it

The truth is you're dumb, uneducated, and thus poor. You whine and snivel that life hasn't treated you fair then you retreat to your moms basement eat pizza, and beat the dog.

The truth is you're dumb, uneducated, and thus poor. You whine and snivel that life hasn't treated you fair then you retreat to your moms basement eat pizza, and beat the dog.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days???

:badgrin:

I think they call it "flogging" but I really meant he beats the dog. Luddly is a miserable SOB and he must take out his frustrations on something.

tumblr_makhraEIOm1rdfrsbo1_500.png

Actually, I'm quite well off. As I've posted before, I have worked continuously since I was thirteen, invested ad saved and am now retired. I travel, have three, paid for homes and have a good life with the people I love dearly.

My dog (and two cats) love me too. :)

Maybe to you, that is "poor", but it isn't to me.

Whatever, the quotes are not MY words. They are quotes from the LINKED article. If that is over your head, tough shit.:lol:

Yeah yeah yeah...Another instance where a lib finds an opinion piece with which he agrees and then tries to pass it off as news.
Nice try.

Her supposed facts are bs also, many seniors and retired middle class live off capital gains, are you seriously advocating raising their taxes.

Oh yeah..These greedy libs want the federal government to consider capital gains as regular income. Same for proceeds from a sale of real estate.
All these libs know is taxation for punishment. To get even.
It's jealousy and class warfare.

give her a break.... simple minds fall for simple lies....

Actually, I'm quite well off. As I've posted before, I have worked continuously since I was thirteen, invested ad saved and am now retired. I travel, have three, paid for homes and have a good life with the people I love dearly.

My dog (and two cats) love me too. :)

Maybe to you, that is "poor", but it isn't to me.

Whatever, the quotes are not MY words. They are quotes from the LINKED article. If that is over your head, tough shit.:lol:

so, you're either a liar or a hypocrite.

Tell me... how many middle class people in this forum did you rip off to get wealthy?

I think they call it "flogging" but I really meant he beats the dog. Luddly is a miserable SOB and he must take out his frustrations on something.

he's just upset because he got his rep turned off, the little pussbot.

Forum List

Back