The Truth About the Nazis with Stephen Hicks

I spent around 15 months in our Army in Schweinfurt. That city had been ruined by American bombers in WW2. But the Germans made it look nice when i was there in 62-3. We still could see a few buildings that were damaged, but all in all the Germans fixed it up.

Farmers work different in Germany than in the USA. In General American farmers live on the farm. I saw Germans towing wagons to the fields when I was there and at night they came back to the towns. I know it was over 60 years ago but tend to think the Germans are traditional. Have things changed so the Farmers in Germany live in homes on their farms?
My father lived on the farm and occasionally slept in the barn. The farm is still there and a cousin of mine still works in it while studying to be a mechanical engineer and participating in the local volunteer fire department.

My father grew up in south-central Germany...or northern Bavaria. He was little more than a toddler during the war. Our family had a farm, had tended it for several generations. Dad said they hardly saw any nazis at all. In Berlin they were in charge, just like one political party rules D.C. in America today. But in that part of rural Germany nazis did not make a formal appearance. Dad even said that all they even saw of the war were distant flashes on the horizon.

When he moved to the U.S. in 1960 his first good job was working at a bakery run by three Jewish brothers. They liked him abd and he liked them. Apparently nobody gave a shit about the last 20 years. My father's 2nd to last job before he died was co-running a pizza shop/bakery with some Jewish guy he was friends with. FYI, Dad was Lutheran not Jewish and DNA tests say I am 1% ethnically Jewish and get it from my mom.

But....
At his first wedding Dad had a former U-Boat captain as his best man! 😏 Simply a navy officer who served his country, not a proactive member of the Nazi party.

Lets be clear here.
I havent seen any U.S. servicemen up-and-quit as a result of an election, regardless of the party in charge.
Where in Bavaria is the farm you speak of?

Impeachment trials don't determine guilt or innocence. It is a political process, not a legal one, and the Senate votes whether to remove him from office and bar him from future elected office, or not. There were no criminal charges filed, no trial held, no judge or jury present, and no determination of guilt or innocence.

However, Trump's organization has been found guilty of 17 cases of tax fraud, and he himself has been found liable for rape by a jury of nine, so there's that.
This seems very important to you. Frankly that is not even what is being discussed.

It is obvious that it is still too soon for most people to have a rational discussion about Nazi Germany.

Is that gigantic stadium still there? It is the largest stadium I have ever seen.
I really don't know. I've never been to Germany honestly. My father came to the US in 1960 and I was born here in 1971. I've been to South America but never to Europe.

I really don't know. I've never been to Germany honestly. My father came to the US in 1960 and I was born here in 1971. I've been to South America but never to Europe.
The Stadium had a capacity of 405,000.

This is the stadium that was not totally completed.

postkarte-zeppelinfeld-1938.jpg

Yeah, but he actually put it into practice! What point are you trying to make here? He gets no slack, just because anti-Semitism was endemic.
I am pointing out the slack given to ordinary Germans and Europeans who actively advocated and even assisted in rounding up the jews as well as killing them.

I am pointing out the slack given to ordinary Germans and Europeans who actively advocated and even assisted in rounding up the jews as well as killing them.
Was that a question? It didn’t even have a question mark. Restate, please.

Hitler, it was not his idea to kill the Jews. I think that is very important to state. It was not the NAZIs that thought up the idea to kill the Jews.

The idea to kill the Jews existed for over a 100 years before Hitler and the NAZIs took power.

You do not understand what Hitler did do. ... Shortest way top say it: German and Jews are the same and cine 186x the Jews also had been citizens like all other in the dozends of German tribes, nations and other politcal strcutures which had been traditionally relativelly independent from each other. "Racism" always had been somethin what's not trlal yofgteos iwthntzhen eosisxoiner "DUERSHC"

DudleySmith

Only to have absolutelly not any idea about real history is not any reason to comment anything with "fake news" (="this is a lie") what you do not like to hear. Say something or let it be - but don't be only a frustrated infamous asshole because you do not like to face reality.

Hitler, it was not his idea to kill the Jews. I think that is very important to state. It was not the NAZIs that thought up the idea to kill the Jews.

The idea to kill the Jews existed for over a 100 years before Hitler and the NAZIs took power.

You do not understand what Hitler did do. ... Shortest way top say it: Germans and Jews are the same and since 186x the Jews also had been citizens like all other in the dozends of German tribes, nations and other political strcutures which had been traditionally relativelly independent from each other. "Racism" is anything else than "deutsch" (=German). The key word in this context is not "Jew" but "Aryan". Indeed never any German had been an "Aryan". Many of the Germanic tribesa had been Arians (see fro exmnoel Theodericus rex).
In the English language it's possible to make the mistake to think "Aryans" and "Arians" are the same. But this is not psosible in the German language. So the Nazis referred to all this racists "scientific" nonsense which came from the English speaking world. With the expression "Aryans" Hitler made Germans to somethign what Germans never had been. And also Jews never had been "Aryans" - the Israelites had been Semites and so he created a biological anti-Semitism. Suddenly "German" became a race - what it never had bene in history. Before Hitler came - better to say before World War 1 - it had been for example not a big problem to call the USA "the German states of America" and your slogan "in pluribcus unum" had been a typical German slogan.

But why did Hitler do so? The deeper reason for had neraly nothing to do with Jews. Long ago sometimes some Christians had attecked Jews in Gwermany in the later Middle Age and the begin of modern times - but this had been past. Hitler used two new cliches: The cliche of rich Jews on the East Coast of the USA which determine the capitalistic politics of the USA and the cliche of Jews who had been Sowiets in Russia which determined the Sowiet politrics in his cview ot the world. Sure existed rich Jews - and sure existe also Jews who had been Sowiets. But in bothe cases this was not typical for Jews. The normal Jews lived like anyone else. But Hitler was in this way to create , tio use aqnd ti transfer hate on the USA and hate on the Russia - the winners of world war 1 who had created a mad situation after world war 1 in Germany which created a man anser: he on his own.

DudleySmith

Only to have absolutelly not any idea about real history is not any reason to comment anything with "fake news" (="this is a lie") what you do not like to hear. Say something or let it be - but don't be only a frustrated infamous asshole because you do not like to face reality.

Nutjobs always get butthurt when forced to acknowledge their insanity, and you're no different.

'Germany' wasn't a country until the 1870's. Officials like Bismarck were faced with trying to invent a unifying social construct to bind all the disparate political entities and city states into a new shared national identity under the Hapsburg Crown. This in turn became an exclusionary function where non-German tribal peoples became 'foreigners' and ultimately 'outsiders'. The Jewish propensity for thousands of years to self-segregate themselves from the 'goyim' population into their own ghettoes in foreign cities like Vienna and London to avoid their culture being 'tainted' went a long way toward making them suspect. The myth peddled now is that they were forced into ghettoes cuz evul Xian bigotry n stuff, but it was Jews themselves early on that demanded their own exclusive neighborhoods. As the centuries went by they of course got crowded and their own prejudices bit them in the ass. The Nazi Party merely built on what was already a feature of German national identity.

This was also common in the U.S. among the wave of immigrants, mainly because of language issues; some major cities had ghettoes of foreigners, like German and Italian Harlem in NYC, China towns, etc.

Forum List

Back