The true living God

So would you say the rule is that you are virtuous and the exception is that you aren’t?

If so, why is it that way?
I've never met anyone who is 100% virtuous or 100% evil so there are no 'rules' or 'exceptions'. The world is not an either/or place, it is a world of shades of grey.
That’s odd because you believe your beliefs are moral or good. Everyone does.
True enough. I'll bet you've never met anyone who considers themselves to be a heretic. Others may not agree.

Yet every religion claims they are the one true religion and they know this because God said so. They have much in common but they also have many differences. If we should ignore parts of a religion, why not all of it? What's God's plan here?

^ Dear alang1216 ^
This isn't true. Teachings like Buddhism, Bahai and Unitarian Universalism
teach about inclusion of people of all beliefs.

I have found both Buddhism and Christianity can be practiced with any other faith
including Atheism because
* Buddhism is based on Wisdom and Compassion as its two founding principles
that are universal and don't dictate or regulate conditions on anyone's beliefs or faith.
* Christianity is practiced by NONTHEISTS under natural laws that are included as well,
so no conditions on faith are required, but the common driving force that corrects any faults
is the FORGIVENESS factor where people choose to forgive in order to facilitate truth and justice

NOTE: One of my longterm friends and mentors was a well known gay atheist activist in criminal justice reform who taught the SAME THINGS in Christianity about free grace
and forgiveness but didn't rely on using Jesus God or religion. Just taught by natural
laws and it helped as many people forgive and break free from patterns of abuse and addiction and focus on positive purpose and steps in life that help and serve humanity which was
his last words on what he wanted -- was for people to love one another, and focus on what
we can do to HELP others, which he said was the purpose of life. As an ATHEIST. And this
is the same meaning as Christianity where he judged no one, but offered CHARITY and forgiveness to all people and believed in Restorative Justice and working with everyone on it.

Everyone I know has an innate drive or desire for Truth and Justice and wants peace
from stress, fear or suffering we prefer to avoid.

So that is not required in any religion but is naturally inherent in people to begin with.

Buddhism offers guiding principles (and culturally teaches ways of meditating)
to focus on wisdom/understanding and cultivating natural compassion not indoctrination which it advises AGAINST
By DETACHING from material conditions (including emotional or religious)
then by DEFAULT we go back to the NATURAL wisdom and compassion that is WITHIN our human nature by design.

So anyone of any background, belief faith or none, can apply the teachings in Buddhism
to be more at peace and more effective in whatever their path in life is, naturally.

With Christianity, I've had atheist friends benefit from the healing prayer based on FORGIVENESS
that is a NATURAL process universal to all people, especially where we are recovering
from past injustice, wrongs, or other negative conflicts that BIAS our thinking.

By FORGIVING these conflicts we remove those BIASES and become more OBJECTIVE.

ANYONE can benefit from forgiveness and Christian prayer to heal from past abuses and wrongs
in order for the mind and relations to be more at peace.

Buddhism may focus more on the INDIVIDUAL mind and addressing our inner biases, reasoning/conditions, and choices/perceptions affected. while Christianity focuses on improving RELATIONS with other neighbors, so this can be practiced universally
regardless if you are theist or nontheist, Muslim or Buddhist, Atheist or Agnostic, Christian or nonchristian, etc.

the only thing Christian prayer clashes with where I would agree with healers NOT to mix these traditions:
the occult dark negative forces that seek REVENGE and control by attacking and dominating others
is DANGEROUS to mix with Christian healing prayer and can cause WORSE disruption, damage or even death.
People playing with occult dark forces have reported random incidents of drug overdoses, suicides, and other
mental illness catastrophes which spiritual healing could have treated and cured instead. These are opposites
and all the healing practitioners I know of WARN not to play with or mix these energies together or it clashes.

But if you stick to the natural laws that are positive and not negative, these are compatible with Christianity.

In general alang1216 I have found these three "languages for the laws"
to be most compatible and useful in communicating with the majority of people
1. Buddhism which I find is the best way to understand "God" by completely LETTING GO
of all preconceived notions of what God is or is not, what is right or wrong about God and religion etc.
2. Constitutionalism which I find is the best way to teach the true responsibility of Christ Jesus/Restorative Justice
and "Equal Justice Under Law" and equal inclusion and protection of all people by
redressing grievances and resolving conflicts so everyone is equally represented democratically
3. Christianity in particular Christian spiritual healing which I find is the best
way to teach and understand the process of FORGIVENESS in healing mind body and relations with others

I believe you can still be Atheist, Muslim, any religious or political belief or background you identify with
and still practice the same Meditation and MINDFULNESS taught in Buddhism that is universal,
the same Democratic principles of DUE PROCESS and REDRESSING GRIEVANCES by democratic inclusion
taught in Constitutionalism, and still practice forgiveness and correction for healing as in Christianity.

None of these practices require anyone to change their beliefs
except with agreeing to receive help with FORGIVENESS and
possibly renouncing contact with occult dark forces that are dangerous.
Even that can be proven by science some day so more people will
understand both positive healing energy and process and why
we should avoid dark negative energy that is like radioactive and just
too dangerous to make direct contact with but requires protection.
What little I know of Buddhism makes it seem to be more of a philosophy than a religion so no conflicts there. Christianity has a jealous God. You can't worship any other God and be a Christian.

^ Again alang1216 it depends how you define God
If you start with the right approach this isn't even an issue
because all things would point to the same God/Source of universal Truth without conflict.
Only where we put our selfish interests first before others
does this cause conflicts and thus jealously and strife.
so we avoid this problem by sticking to universal truth to begin with.

Look at Corinthians 1:16
If all laws and authorities are created to express UNIVERSAL TRUTH
then there should be no conflict between them. Just like all 50 states
in the union still have to respect CONSTITUTIONAL rights of all citizens
as the central LAW OF THE LAND for the whole nation.

Does this mean the Federal Govt has the power to tell states what to do?
No. Any conflicts should be RESOLVED so we never have civil wars
pitting states against federal authority.

Likewise with other dominions or religions, nations and tribes.
Where we all follow universal truth and natural laws for all people,
we get along and there is no conflict or competition for control.
We resolve conflicts by establishing COMMON TRUTH
so everyone retains their free will and autonomy/sovereignty.

Thus by establishing where we all AGREE on the truth
"the truth shall set us free."

What little I know of Buddhism makes it seem to be more of a philosophy than a religion so no conflicts there. Christianity has a jealous God. You can't worship any other God and be a Christian.

BTW alang1216
1. another explanation/interpretation of jealous is ZEALOUS.
If you are going to go with this branch of Christianity, I think that makes more sense
that the paternal side of God is more like a protectorate and proactively helps those defending truth
from attacks in error
2. If you are not of the BELIEVER branch or fold,
you can still be a Christian follower under the NATURAL LAW fold of the secular gentiles.

I feel I am more aligned with followers of natural laws where some embrace and embody Christ,
some follow and respect Christianity but don't consider themselves Christian per se,
and some still struggle or reject or divide from Christianity until further reconciliation.

I find that the same authority of Truth and Justice that fulfills the laws under Scriptural authority
also fulfills the Natural laws, so that the two folds are one of the same flock.
However, their language and ways may remain distinct.
I try to be bilingual and communicate using either language,
but still prefer secular terms and natural law principles in Constitutional laws that
I find speak to more people universally and practically.

I don't think this requires believing in a personified or jealous God.
However, wasting mental energy judging or rejecting that belief
creates a BIAS in perception and introduces added conflict.

Even if we don't agree on this "jealous God" business, at least
forgiving the fact some people think that way prevents it from
interfering with the conflict resolution process.

We don't have to change our beliefs, but may need to let go
and forgive where we have these weird differences or conflicts.

And the process can still move forward, even with these biases remaining.

I think you and I are okay with that, but maybe ding is still a bit
resistant and still wants to see a bit more openness that there can be a
personified God instead of assuming nonexistence. I sense you are more
open than your words express to ding. He reads your words as more closed,
but I see you as more open. This shouldn't be an issue, but maybe he is
demonstrating a bit of that jealousy bit, where more acknowledgement would help?

Your posts are way too long and convoluted, that's why no one responds to them. They don't read them.

Sorry Taz that post was for alang1216 not to you.
After he replies that usually narrows it down more.

As for you, what aspect are you interested in addressing?

pinqy and also rightwinger asked for proof of this creator/God
I answered we could "demonstrate" how God's UNIVERSAL laws work "spiritually/collectively"
by showing through statistics the CORRELATION between
* forgiveness and healing (of mind, body and relations between people or groups)
* unforgiveness and failure to heal, recovery or reconcile between opposing groups

alang1216 brought up the connection between
seeing individual or local changes and "having faith" this connects to "collective or global change"

So I also propose to add that as a MEASURABLE condition.

Could we prove that the more forgiving people are, the more
they report having faith that individual changes connect with collective/global change in society.

And if people are NOT forgiving and report rejection or division of opposing groups or beliefs,
this also CORRELATES with not believing in a connection between local and global
or individual and collective change.

So as people see more proof that healing works, and report forgiving more conflicts
this would correlate with having more faith that this healing process can be
applied to affect global society, and not take so long by this individual process.
I won't read all your ramblings. Try to make your point in one small paragraph.

So would you say the rule is that you are virtuous and the exception is that you aren’t?

I've never met anyone who is 100% virtuous or 100% evil so there are no 'rules' or 'exceptions'. The world is not an either/or place, it is a world of shades of grey.
True enough. I'll bet you've never met anyone who considers themselves to be a heretic. Others may not agree.
There’s no one alive who doesn’t believe what they do isn’t moral. Everyone thinks what they believe is moral. There’s your proof. Everyone believes they are virtuous.

Last edited:
What about the other part of the quote, "No one comes to the Father except through me"? What does that mean?
I can tell you that it doesn’t mean that if you don’t practice Christianity that you won’t be eternally united with the Father.

Does that trouble you? Or just make trolling less fun?
Wow, a triple negative, impressive. So you can say what it doesn't mean. Can you say what it does mean?

It does trouble me. I suspect you either don't understand the quote, are embarrassed by what it means, or are not an orthodox Christian. And don't worry, trolling is still fun.
Sometimes that is the best way to make the point. You seemed to follow it. Critical theory is all about negatives.

The other option is I disagree what it means. Or more accurately you are reading more into it.

Like I said before read the catechism. No one knows their fate. In fact, there are several parables which speak to this. So your belief that MY belief should be YOUR belief is ludicrous. It’s not your faith or religion.

Putting that aside let’s say you are right and that there should be one single common and universal belief. Whose interpretation are we going to use? The Catholic Church?

Last edited:
Actually every religion does not claim they are the one true religion. As a Christian I do not have to disagree with every single thing other religions believe. As an atheist, you do.
Do you believe that Christianity is the one true religion?
What does that even mean?
Is Jesus the Son of God? If not, why are you a Christian? When Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" was he telling the truth, lying, misquoted, or mistaken?
I believe he is.

So when he said I am the way that to me is the key. What is meant by the way? To me being Christian is about following the way. The way isn’t just believing that God so loved man that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth, it means living it. Anyone can live the way. It just helps if you believe that God loves us.

But hey, read the catechism and you will see that it does not limit God. In fact, it states that God is the final arbiter. God decides if you are worthy.
What about the other part of the quote, "No one comes to the Father except through me"? What does that mean?
It means he is one with the Father.

It has nothing to do with who gets into heaven.

Actually every religion does not claim they are the one true religion. As a Christian I do not have to disagree with every single thing other religions believe. As an atheist, you do.
Do you believe that Christianity is the one true religion?
What does that even mean?
Is Jesus the Son of God? If not, why are you a Christian? When Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" was he telling the truth, lying, misquoted, or mistaken?

John is the person who wrote that Jesus said that. I'm guessing that John may have misquoted Jesus, or was simply trying to "sell" their new religion.

I used to watch a program called "Hidden in the Hebrew with Uri Harel" on the GLC channel, and there were quite a few interesting things in there. On one lesson, he was talking about the story of Jesus going and casting demons out of a man and putting them into pigs that ran off a cliff, and he talked about an incident that happened as Jesus was leaving the city to go to the man. Someone saw Him leaving, and asked "do you come for us"?, to which Jesus replied that He didn't come to save the Jews, he came for the Gentiles (everyone else), because the Jews were already God's Chosen.

As far as being able to have a civil conversation with someone who doesn't believe as I do? Got an interesting story about that. On my last sea tour, I was stationed on an MSC civilian vessel, and we all were in 2 person staterooms. Well, the Cdr had a twisted sense of humor, and when he found out I was showing up to take over Personnel, he put me in the same stateroom as the person who was acting Chaplain for the ship because he knew I was a Taoist.

Matter of fact, there were people all over the ship who were taking bets on how long we would stay roomies, because Arthur and I were both pretty opinionated about a lot of things and were more than willing to share. Arthur came into the stateroom a couple of days after I checked onboard and said they were running a betting pool as to how long we would room together. I told him to pick the very last day, because although I was a Taoist and he was a Baptist preacher, as long as he didn't discount my views, I would never discount his, and we could talk about the various ways we perceived God. Had a lot of good conversations with him, and on the day he transferred, he walked off the ship about 500 bucks richer, because we stayed roomates for his whole tour. I know, because when he left, he gave me a set of 700 thread count sheets as a present.

And, if a person asks me about my beliefs, I tell them that I'm a Taoist. If they ask further, I tell them that I will be happy to explain my beliefs as long as they realize they are MY beliefs and are not to be discounted. I then tell them that I will return the courtesy.

How else do you think I've been able to investigate quite a few different religions and learn about them? It's sure not because I "converted".

Your posts are way too long and convoluted, that's why no one responds to them. They don't read them.

I answered we could "demonstrate" how God's UNIVERSAL laws work "spiritually/collectively"
* forgiveness and healing (of mind, body and relations between people or groups)
* unforgiveness and failure to heal, recovery or reconcile between opposing groups

seeing individual or local changes and "having faith" this connects to "collective or global change"

they report having faith that individual changes connect with collective/global change in society.

And if people are NOT forgiving and report rejection or division of opposing groups or beliefs,
this also CORRELATES with not believing in a connection between local and global

So as people see more proof that healing works, and report forgiving more conflicts
applied to affect global society, and not take so long by this individual process.

Dear Taz Are you one of the people on here
seriously interested in how to set up a scientific study
that can demonstrate (by correlation) how God's laws operate?

If this is too complicated to fit in one paragraph
we can start a new thread.

Don't tell me you think that something as complex
as trying to pinpoint an aspect of God that is actually
measurable scientifically and can be replicated in studies
CAN FIT IN ONE PARAGRAPH?

Are you serious or just not interested in this?

No i didn’t.

Even assuming forgiveness theory is valid and works (I’ve never researched it so have no idea), that is in no way evidence for any god. I’m lost as to how you think it is.

I'm just trying to help you get people to read your posts.

You misspelled troll you.

Like you're doing now?

Like you're doing now?
Yes.

Yet every religion claims they are the one true religion and they know this because God said so. They have much in common but they also have many differences. If we should ignore parts of a religion, why not all of it? What's God's plan here?

^ Dear alang1216 ^

I have found both Buddhism and Christianity can be practiced with any other faith
that are universal and don't dictate or regulate conditions on anyone's beliefs or faith.
* Christianity is practiced by NONTHEISTS under natural laws that are included as well,
so no conditions on faith are required, but the common driving force that corrects any faults
is the FORGIVENESS factor where people choose to forgive in order to facilitate truth and justice

NOTE: One of my longterm friends and mentors was a well known gay atheist activist in criminal justice reform who taught the SAME THINGS in Christianity about free grace
and forgiveness but didn't rely on using Jesus God or religion. Just taught by natural
laws and it helped as many people forgive and break free from patterns of abuse and addiction and focus on positive purpose and steps in life that help and serve humanity which was
his last words on what he wanted -- was for people to love one another, and focus on what
we can do to HELP others, which he said was the purpose of life. As an ATHEIST. And this
is the same meaning as Christianity where he judged no one, but offered CHARITY and forgiveness to all people and believed in Restorative Justice and working with everyone on it.

Everyone I know has an innate drive or desire for Truth and Justice and wants peace

So that is not required in any religion but is naturally inherent in people to begin with.

to focus on wisdom/understanding and cultivating natural compassion not indoctrination which it advises AGAINST
then by DEFAULT we go back to the NATURAL wisdom and compassion that is WITHIN our human nature by design.

So anyone of any background, belief faith or none, can apply the teachings in Buddhism
to be more at peace and more effective in whatever their path in life is, naturally.

With Christianity, I've had atheist friends benefit from the healing prayer based on FORGIVENESS
that is a NATURAL process universal to all people, especially where we are recovering
from past injustice, wrongs, or other negative conflicts that BIAS our thinking.

ANYONE can benefit from forgiveness and Christian prayer to heal from past abuses and wrongs

Buddhism may focus more on the INDIVIDUAL mind and addressing our inner biases, reasoning/conditions, and choices/perceptions affected. while Christianity focuses on improving RELATIONS with other neighbors, so this can be practiced universally
regardless if you are theist or nontheist, Muslim or Buddhist, Atheist or Agnostic, Christian or nonchristian, etc.

the only thing Christian prayer clashes with where I would agree with healers NOT to mix these traditions:
the occult dark negative forces that seek REVENGE and control by attacking and dominating others
is DANGEROUS to mix with Christian healing prayer and can cause WORSE disruption, damage or even death.
People playing with occult dark forces have reported random incidents of drug overdoses, suicides, and other
mental illness catastrophes which spiritual healing could have treated and cured instead. These are opposites
and all the healing practitioners I know of WARN not to play with or mix these energies together or it clashes.

But if you stick to the natural laws that are positive and not negative, these are compatible with Christianity.

1. Buddhism which I find is the best way to understand "God" by completely LETTING GO
of all preconceived notions of what God is or is not, what is right or wrong about God and religion etc.
2. Constitutionalism which I find is the best way to teach the true responsibility of Christ Jesus/Restorative Justice
and "Equal Justice Under Law" and equal inclusion and protection of all people by
redressing grievances and resolving conflicts so everyone is equally represented democratically
3. Christianity in particular Christian spiritual healing which I find is the best
way to teach and understand the process of FORGIVENESS in healing mind body and relations with others

I believe you can still be Atheist, Muslim, any religious or political belief or background you identify with
and still practice the same Meditation and MINDFULNESS taught in Buddhism that is universal,
the same Democratic principles of DUE PROCESS and REDRESSING GRIEVANCES by democratic inclusion
taught in Constitutionalism, and still practice forgiveness and correction for healing as in Christianity.

because all things would point to the same God/Source of universal Truth without conflict.

Very nice sentiments. Good luck getting pro-life and pro-choice folk to resolve anything to everyone's satisfaction. This country has determined that compromise is a dirty word.

I can tell you that it doesn’t mean that if you don’t practice Christianity that you won’t be eternally united with the Father.

Wow, a triple negative, impressive. So you can say what it doesn't mean. Can you say what it does mean?

It does trouble me. I suspect you either don't understand the quote, are embarrassed by what it means, or are not an orthodox Christian. And don't worry, trolling is still fun.
Sometimes that is the best way to make the point. You seemed to follow it. Critical theory is all about negatives.

The other option is I disagree what it means. Or more accurately you are reading more into it.

Like I said before read the catechism. No one knows their fate. In fact, there are several parables which speak to this. So your belief that MY belief should be YOUR belief is ludicrous. It’s not your faith or religion.

Putting that aside let’s say you are right and that there should be one single common and universal belief. Whose interpretation are we going to use? The Catholic Church?
I followed your 3x negatives just fine and see clearly that you avoided the question of what the quote does mean. You must know if you can say I "am reading more into it".

You missed my point about the multiple religions. I don't believe there should be one single common and universal belief, only that if there were just one god there would be one single common and universal belief.

BTW, why do we have to interpret the Bible, can't God state things clearly enough to be understood?

There’s no one alive who doesn’t believe what they do isn’t moral. Everyone thinks what they believe is moral. There’s your proof. Everyone believes they are virtuous.
Proof of what? Stalin and Mother Teresa believed they were virtuous yet they behaved very differently.

I followed your 3x negatives just fine and see clearly that you avoided the question of what the quote does mean. You must know if you can say I "am reading more into it".

You missed my point about the multiple religions. I don't believe there should be one single common and universal belief, only that if there were just one god there would be one single common and universal belief.

BTW, why do we have to interpret the Bible, can't God state things clearly enough to be understood?
I did answer it in a manner more to your liking. You must have missed it.

When Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through me he is referring to he is one with God. He is not saying who will or will not go to heaven.

Was that clear enough?

Proof of what? Stalin and Mother Teresa believed they were virtuous yet they behaved very differently.
Absolutely. Subjectivity and moral relativity are inseparable sisters.

^ Dear alang1216 ^

Very nice sentiments. Good luck getting pro-life and pro-choice folk to resolve anything to everyone's satisfaction. This country has determined that compromise is a dirty word.
Sometimes it is.

Forum List

Back