The true living God

I'm just trying to help you get people to read your posts.

Thank you Taz
But this is not the same for all people: ("other people" require a different conversation altogether).
to shorten this for YOU,
please tell me what YOU want to address.

Do you want to see PROOF of impact of forgiveness on healing
and how:
a. healing of MENTAL ILLNESS - which ones Schizophrenia, Pedophilia, criminal addiction
b. healing of PHYSICAL DISEASE - which ones cancer, diabetes, AIDS, West Nile Virus
c. healing of Political Relationships - like liberals and conservatives, D and R parties working together

A.
Taz said:
I won't read all your ramblings. Try to make your point in one small paragraph.

A.
In order to set up MEASURABLE scientific study (on operations of God's/Universal laws)
I answered we could show STATISTICAL CORRELATION between
* forgiveness and healing (of mind, body and relations between people or groups)
* unforgiveness and failure to heal, recovery or reconcile between opposing groups

FORGIVENESS also CORRELATES with changes in perception, such as
* INCLUSION instead of REJECTION of others
* and seeing individual or local changes and "having faith" this connects to "collective or global change"

STATISTICS will show this is by DEGRESS:
As people see more proof that healing works, and report forgiving more conflicts
this would correlate with having more faith that this healing process can be
applied to affect global society, and not take so long by this individual process.

When Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through me he is referring to he is one with God. He is not saying who will or will not go to heaven.

Was that clear enough?
Not clear at all. What is Jesus' role? Who is one with God, Jesus or someone else? Who is saying who will or will not go to heaven?

So would you say the rule is that you are virtuous and the exception is that you aren’t?

If so, why is it that way?
I've never met anyone who is 100% virtuous or 100% evil so there are no 'rules' or 'exceptions'. The world is not an either/or place, it is a world of shades of grey.
That’s odd because you believe your beliefs are moral or good. Everyone does.
True enough. I'll bet you've never met anyone who considers themselves to be a heretic. Others may not agree.
There’s no one alive who doesn’t believe what they do isn’t moral. Everyone thinks what they believe is moral. There’s your proof. Everyone believes they are virtuous.
Proof of what? Stalin and Mother Teresa believed they were virtuous yet they behaved very differently.

Dear alang1216
What makes a difference is the
FORGIVENESS factor.
Hitler, Stalin, if they do not forgive their "enemies"
they behave with RETRIBUTION not compassion or forgiveness.

You can believe you are upholding JUSTICE either way.
People running Death Camps believed they were doing God's work
(and even stopped for breaks to sing hymnals just like a church choir)

The DIFFERENCE is between
* RETRIBUTIVE JUSTICE (based on judgment and punishment and rejection)
* RESTORATIVE JUSTICE (based on forgiveness and correction and INCLUSION)

When Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through me he is referring to he is one with God. He is not saying who will or will not go to heaven.

Was that clear enough?
Not clear at all. What is Jesus' role? Who is one with God, Jesus or someone else? Who is saying who will or will not go to heaven?
It should be. The central theme of all the gospels is who is Jesus.

Jesus’ role? That’s a mouthful. Sacrificial lamb. Food from heaven.

I know you really want to believe that Christianity condemns all non-Christians but that just isn’t the case.

The verse you are reading has nothing to do with who goes to heaven. It has to do with Jesus telling us that he is one with God. You are familiar with the concept of the trinity, right?

BTW, why do we have to interpret the Bible, can't God state things clearly enough to be understood?

Dear alang1216
The reason there can't just be one literal interpretation of the Bible
is that each individual is unique and is going to have different experiences and understanding.

A.
IN PARTICULAR: People who believe and relate to a "Personified" God/Jesus
do not see or say things the same way as SECULAR thinkers who frame
world perspectives and laws in NONTHEIST terms. So we need DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
when working with DIFFERENT AUDIENCES.

The BENEFIT of this is, again, that we manage MORE people and MORE knowledge
by DIVERSIFYING. Like a school that has depts. for art, science, humanities, athletics.
You can do more with humanity by organizing in diverse GROUPINGS not all "being the same."

We NEED natural laws/science and reason to CHECK AND BALANCE
the paths and approach by faith and subjective personal approaches that
mean something to each person uniquely so they enjoy life and learn THEIR way.
We need BOTH. Not all to be the same.

B.
What is the common universal message is that
forgiveness overcomes conflicts so we can resolve them and reach common truth and understanding.

We can prove this process REPLICATES by statistical studies
that show CORRELATION. Please see above message to Taz.

We can have BOTH the UNIVERSAL ABSOLUTE laws/process as in B
and the RELATIVE/DIVERSE expressions as in A.

These are not contradictory,
part of our process is forgiving and being okay with BOTH A and B happening at the same time.

Was that clear enough?

Dear alang1216 Jesus as the embodiment of Divine Justice or Authority of God's laws
is ONE with God and bridges/reconciles God's laws with man's laws on earth in our physical world and relations.

WHICH relationship are you talking about because Jesus fulfills both
* Relationship between Man and God is RECONCILED through SALVATION (Jesus name as YESHUA)
* Relationship between NEIGHBORS is Reconciled through RESTORATIVE JUSTICE / EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW
(Jesus name as JUSTICE or more specifically Christ Jesus as Restorative Justice)

Jesus as the Center of the Cross represents fulfilling both the
VERTICAL relationship between man/individuals on physical earth and God on the heavenly/COLLECTIVE global scale
HORIZONTAL relationship between people and groups reconciled in Truth, Justice and Peace (God, Christ, Holy Spirit)

Which relationship are you focused on alang1216
If you are secular gentile like me and focus on NATURAL LAWS applying to practical
relations and living in society and making the best of what we have on earth,
you are governed and focused on NATURAL LAWS
of making peace between neighbors, so we establish
PEACE or the Kingdom of God on EARTH (as it is in heaven).

(this is represented by the HORIZONTAL bar on the cross where in the center is Jesus
as "Equal Justice" governs and reconciles neighbors in Peace and Justice mutually)

If you are one of the religious type who sees a bigger Kingdom and wants
to preach and bring about all that about on a global scale, you focus on
preaching the Word and Laws and wanting to reconcile all man with God collectively.

(this is represented by the VERTICAL bar on the cross where again the central Jesus
as RESTORATIVE JUSTICE reconciles all man and man's laws with God and God's laws)

Either way, alang1216 by AGREEING to receive and live by RESTORATIVE JUSTICE
this is what it means to take JESUS into our hearts and allow THAT AUTHORITY to govern
our relationships.

Either way, we enter the Kingdom of God, whether we are talking about on earth locally
or in heaven on some abstract collective scale beyond the present empirical moment.

Was that clear enough?
It should be. The central theme of all the gospels is who is Jesus.

Jesus’ role? That’s a mouthful. Sacrificial lamb. Food from heaven.

I know you really want to believe that Christianity condemns all non-Christians but that just isn’t the case.

The verse you are reading has nothing to do with who goes to heaven. It has to do with Jesus telling us that he is one with God. You are familiar with the concept of the trinity, right?

Dear ding to narrow this down,
could we distinguish between the role of Jesus
fulfilling NATURAL LAWS that govern man's relationships with neighbors.
Vs.
the spiritual/collective laws connecting individuals with all humanity and God
which is more abstract.

Please see my previous msg to alang1216 trying to
distinguish these two, where Jesus is still the central governing authority
in both relationships.

Can I please ask your help and alang1216 to SIMPLIFY
that. If it can be explained in plain terms, I'd like to share
that with Taz and others to take a look and see if it
makes more sense when presented that way. Thank you!

Thank you Taz
But this is not the same for all people: ("other people" require a different conversation altogether).
to shorten this for YOU,

and how:
a. healing of MENTAL ILLNESS - which ones Schizophrenia, Pedophilia, criminal addiction
b. healing of PHYSICAL DISEASE - which ones cancer, diabetes, AIDS, West Nile Virus
c. healing of Political Relationships - like liberals and conservatives, D and R parties working together

A.
Taz said:

A.
In order to set up MEASURABLE scientific study (on operations of God's/Universal laws)
* forgiveness and healing (of mind, body and relations between people or groups)
* unforgiveness and failure to heal, recovery or reconcile between opposing groups

* and seeing individual or local changes and "having faith" this connects to "collective or global change"

As people see more proof that healing works, and report forgiving more conflicts
applied to affect global society, and not take so long by this individual process.
Waaayyy too long. Don't have time for that.

Shorter version Taz
Which do you want to prove scientifically
to show impact of Christian healing prayer:
1. healing of MENTAL ILLNESS/ADDICTIONS
2. healing of PHYSICAL DISEASE/DISORDERS
3. healing of RELATIONSHIPS or COMMUNITIES

pinqy rightwinger do you also have a preference
where you want studies on Christian healing to focus?

Shorter version Taz

I'd like to see Christians heal the people they hurt, like through sexual abuse, exclusion of gays or denying women in the clergy... Chance of that happening: zero.

(See? That wasn't so hard)

Shorter version Taz

I'd like to see Christians heal the people they hurt, like through sexual abuse, exclusion of gays or denying women in the clergy... Chance of that happening: zero.

PERFECT Taz
Yes, Christian healing prayer helps both
1. cure roots cause of these addictive disorders
2. heal the abused victims so they recover faster
3. leads to restitution to prevent this in the future

Would you support a NATIONAL petition to the
Catholic church to build programs on the Border
to provide RESTITUTION to victims of abuse and trafficking?

Shorter version Taz

PERFECT Taz
Yes, Christian healing prayer helps both
1. cure roots cause of these addictive disorders
2. heal the abused victims so they recover faster
3. leads to restitution to prevent this in the future

Would you support a NATIONAL petition to the
Catholic church to build programs on the Border
to provide RESTITUTION to victims of abuse and trafficking?
I'd support a petition to make religious organizations pay taxes. Anything else they do is a smokescreen for them to abuse and make money.

I'd support a petition to make religious organizations pay taxes. Anything else they do is a smokescreen for them to abuse and make money.

Okay Taz remember that nobody can be made to lose liberties
without due process of law to prove they owe restitution or penalty for something they did wrong.

So let's take the immigration and border issues.
The Catholic church wants to help immigrants and wants to defund the death penalty.

What about a WALL negotiation where Catholics and other religious charities
can pay taxes and restitution for abuses into building teaching hospitals
and prisons for sex offenders on the border GUARDED BY MILITARY.

Instead of paying tithes to churches,
* wrongdoers pay restitution to set up safe campus housing and jobs for victims of slave trafficking
* taxpayers who want to fund DREAM projects can also get tax deductions for funding hospitals and schools
on BOTH sides of the border (so Mexican nationals can still access programs on their side without breaking laws)

Actually those other gods are false made up gods-they do not exist. It is satan posing as those gods. Yet billions give them worship.
But you can see through Satan's posing where billions of others can't? How do you know you are not being fooled too?

I think, if I were Satan and wanted to bring mischief into the world, my weapon of choice would be faith, a great counter to reason.

Alls one has to do is believe Jesus over men. Most outright refuse. They do not like what he actually teaches.

If there was only one God, why did he allow so many contradictory religions? (Hey I was only 12.)

Dear alang1216
By definition there is only one "GOD" if God means the supreme Almighty/Absolute.
What is diverse are the systems of laws and religions which are like LANGUAGES for the laws.
(so the ABSOLUTE laws that are self-existent are the SAME/UNIVERSAL for all humanity but the EXPRESSIONS of these laws are "RELATIVE" and differ by Culture, Tribe, and Nation for those audiences that develops their own to share equal ownership of the same body of laws)

The reason there are so many is to ORGANIZE humanity by TRIBES.
This is like having 50 states in one UNION, so each State can govern its own people with LOCAL SOVEREIGNTY.

All 50 states are still under one NATIONAL law and govt.
But that's TOO MANY people to govern effectively under one centralized system.

So given the complex needs, relations and institutions necessary for people socially,
we diversify and LOCALIZE so people can govern themselves DEMOCRATICALLY to REPRESENT themselves EQUALLY.

If all the birds had to live in a tree with just
ONE HUGE TRUNK, there would be no place for all the birds to build their own nests.

So the TRUNK divides into BRANCHES and the Branches subdivide
to hold more leaves and hold more nests for all the birds.

This is like the FAMILY of HUMANITY that will have different tribes
so people can organize under the group and leadership that represents THEM.
Not really buying this either. Doesn't Jesus claim that the way to the father is through him? If that is true, what of people of other religions, are they out of luck or was John misquoting Jesus? IOW, does everyone, regardless of their religion have an equal shot at heaven? If they do, what is the purpose of religions, if not, the majority of people are doomed.

Yes alang1216
What this means is the way of RESTORATIVE JUSTICE (which Christ Jesus represents)
is what saves Humanity from war, greed, suffering, ills abuse and other destruction we perpetuate ourselves.

Instead of RETRIBUTIVE JUSTICE (which is ANTICHRIST)

Compare in general the
* OT which is full of war and genocide (antichrist,
judgement and punishment, living by the letter of the
law corrupted by greed and RULE BY "Retributive Justice")
* NT which is about renewal, restoration living by LOVE of
Truth, Justice and Peace to RESTORE human relations and society

You can SEE when people take one side of JUSTICE over another.
That is WHY "Jesus" is warned as bringing a TWO EDGED SWORD
that "divides people against each other" (this division shows when
you compare people taking the Restorative approach to Justice
being opposed by people taking the Retributive approach instead)

You have your choice of
* Retributive Justice where you get the judgment you give
* Restorative Justice where you forgive others for you to be forgiven

So THIS explains why some people teach
* God and Jesus as JUDGING and CONDEMNING by Authority of law
* others teach God as LOVE and Jesus as granting Justice with MERCY and CHARITY

alang1216 does this make sense that we have people
and groups taking BOTH these approaches to "Justice"

And WHICH do you believe makes more sense if Jesus means
SALVATION and bringing true Justice and Peace to SAVE HUMANITY.
Which do you find brings REDEMPTION HEALING and RESTORATION
* Look up Restorative Justice to see the results it has had on people
* For Retributive Justice look at wars, bullying in the media and politics,
backbiting and all manner of negative judgement blame and punishment

What makes more sense that Jesus would represent?
Restorative Justice? that brings renewal of relations and healing to humanity?
or
Retributive Justice that brings destruction and more war?

If you can understand why Christ Jesus would mean RESTORATIVE JUSTICE
then you can see what it means for all humanity needing to take
THIS path to restore justice and peace in order to establish
"peace on earth" or the "Kingdom of God".

Does this make more sense?
You make perfect sense. Unfortunately I see very little evidence that the followers of Jesus have made this world a better place because of what Jesus said and did.

The real followers have. They listen to Jesus over men. That is FEW unfortunately. Jesus started one single religion. Its the only religion he is with--Not 34,000 different ones. That is caused by confusion of believing men and their errors over Jesus.

If there was only one God, why did he allow so many contradictory religions? (Hey I was only 12.)

Dear alang1216
By definition there is only one "GOD" if God means the supreme Almighty/Absolute.
What is diverse are the systems of laws and religions which are like LANGUAGES for the laws.
(so the ABSOLUTE laws that are self-existent are the SAME/UNIVERSAL for all humanity but the EXPRESSIONS of these laws are "RELATIVE" and differ by Culture, Tribe, and Nation for those audiences that develops their own to share equal ownership of the same body of laws)

The reason there are so many is to ORGANIZE humanity by TRIBES.
This is like having 50 states in one UNION, so each State can govern its own people with LOCAL SOVEREIGNTY.

All 50 states are still under one NATIONAL law and govt.
But that's TOO MANY people to govern effectively under one centralized system.

So given the complex needs, relations and institutions necessary for people socially,
we diversify and LOCALIZE so people can govern themselves DEMOCRATICALLY to REPRESENT themselves EQUALLY.

If all the birds had to live in a tree with just
ONE HUGE TRUNK, there would be no place for all the birds to build their own nests.

So the TRUNK divides into BRANCHES and the Branches subdivide
to hold more leaves and hold more nests for all the birds.

This is like the FAMILY of HUMANITY that will have different tribes
so people can organize under the group and leadership that represents THEM.
Not really buying this either. Doesn't Jesus claim that the way to the father is through him? If that is true, what of people of other religions, are they out of luck or was John misquoting Jesus? IOW, does everyone, regardless of their religion have an equal shot at heaven? If they do, what is the purpose of religions, if not, the majority of people are doomed.

Yes alang1216
What this means is the way of RESTORATIVE JUSTICE (which Christ Jesus represents)
is what saves Humanity from war, greed, suffering, ills abuse and other destruction we perpetuate ourselves.

Instead of RETRIBUTIVE JUSTICE (which is ANTICHRIST)

Compare in general the
* OT which is full of war and genocide (antichrist,
judgement and punishment, living by the letter of the
law corrupted by greed and RULE BY "Retributive Justice")
* NT which is about renewal, restoration living by LOVE of
Truth, Justice and Peace to RESTORE human relations and society

You can SEE when people take one side of JUSTICE over another.
That is WHY "Jesus" is warned as bringing a TWO EDGED SWORD
that "divides people against each other" (this division shows when
you compare people taking the Restorative approach to Justice
being opposed by people taking the Retributive approach instead)

You have your choice of
* Retributive Justice where you get the judgment you give
* Restorative Justice where you forgive others for you to be forgiven

So THIS explains why some people teach
* God and Jesus as JUDGING and CONDEMNING by Authority of law
* others teach God as LOVE and Jesus as granting Justice with MERCY and CHARITY

alang1216 does this make sense that we have people
and groups taking BOTH these approaches to "Justice"

And WHICH do you believe makes more sense if Jesus means
SALVATION and bringing true Justice and Peace to SAVE HUMANITY.
Which do you find brings REDEMPTION HEALING and RESTORATION
* Look up Restorative Justice to see the results it has had on people
* For Retributive Justice look at wars, bullying in the media and politics,
backbiting and all manner of negative judgement blame and punishment

What makes more sense that Jesus would represent?
Restorative Justice? that brings renewal of relations and healing to humanity?
or
Retributive Justice that brings destruction and more war?

If you can understand why Christ Jesus would mean RESTORATIVE JUSTICE
then you can see what it means for all humanity needing to take
THIS path to restore justice and peace in order to establish
"peace on earth" or the "Kingdom of God".

Does this make more sense?
You make perfect sense. Unfortunately I see very little evidence that the followers of Jesus have made this world a better place because of what Jesus said and did.

The real followers have. They listen to Jesus over men. That is FEW unfortunately. Jesus started one single religion. Its the only religion he is with--Not 34,000 different ones. That is caused by confusion of believing men and their errors over Jesus.

Dear kjw47
Given that Jesus is Divine Authority of Justice over ALL other dominions (Colossians 1:16),
how can we best communicate and develop lawful cooperation among the diverse tribes?
1. First there are people under CHRISTIAN laws and Bible
that need to get on the same page
2. Secondly there are SECULAR GENTILES under NATURAL LAWS
who may respond more to SCIENCE and explanations using SECULAR TERMS
3. Third there are political groups and nations that understand
CIVIL and Constitutional laws and traditions of their own cultures and countries.

Doesn't it make sense to talk to people "as Jesus did" using
the PARABLES and language that relate TO THOSE PEOPLE?

With fishermen and farmers Jesus did not cite scriptural laws
as he did with the learned Pharisees who live by that language.

With Muslims, wouldn't we address them using their own Muslim standards and principles?

With Atheists who believe in science wouldn't we use the language of experience and
scientific method where cause and effect, before and after, can be compared to see
the different that approaches have and their relative effects, so they can choose by REASON?

With secular gentiles under Natural Laws, Civil and Constitutional laws
wouldn't it make more sense to show the impact that Christ Jesus teachings
have on social and political relations, so they can see and learn the difference?

Im not 100% certain but I believe his answer is that the other ones will burn in hell for eternity.

Maybe with a die you heathen bastard thrown in for good measure.

If so, AlanG has found his man.

Thank you Taz
to shorten this for YOU,

and how:

A.
Taz said:

A.

You can’t even spare the 3 minutes and 16 seconds to watch a video of a renowned cosmologist explain how the universe was created from nothing.

Thank you Taz
to shorten this for YOU,

and how:

A.
Taz said:

A.

You can’t even spare the 3 minutes and 16 seconds to watch a video of a renowned cosmologist explain how the universe was created from nothing.
Talking isn’t proof, it’s a theory. Get your act together.

Forum List

Back